Marvel Reveals Spider-Man's Bizarre New Costume for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Like everyone else in the world, Spider-Man has had a pretty rough go of things in 2020, especially after learning the true identity of the mysterious villain Kindred. Peter Parker will be looking for a fresh start in 2021, and that includes a brand new costume. Marvel is giving fans their first glimpse of this new suit, which was designed by X-Force cover artist Dustin Weaver and will make its debut in the pages of March's The Amazing Spider-Man #62. Check out the new duds below: [caption id="attachment_245734" align="aligncenter" width="1898"] ASM2018062_VAR The Amazing Spider-Man #63 variant cover by Dustin Weaver. (Image Credit: Marvel)[/caption] As you can see, the new costume is quite a departure from previous Spider-suits. For one thing, the traditional red and blue color scheme has been replaced by a mix of blue, white, silver and orange. The eyes are also a major departure from the norm, with glowing orange lenses contained inside a larger black space. Marvel isn't revealing much about the origins of this new costume, other than that Peter Parker dons the suit in the aftermath of "Sins Rising" as part of his latest confrontation with Kingpin. As with past costume changes like the Tony Stark-designed Iron Spider suit and the Peter's own Parker Industries armored suit (both of which are among the many alternate costumes included in Insomniac's Spider-Man game), this costume will add some much-needed tech upgrades to Spidey's usual arsenal. “This design was really a collaborative effort between Nick Spencer, Editor Nick Lowe, and I. They reined in the weirder and more techy features I was bringing and helped create something that I think is simple and both futuristic and classical,” Weaver said in Marvel's press release. “I can't wait to see Patrick Gleason really bring it to life!” [caption id="attachment_2457342" align="aligncenter" width="1872"] The Amazing Spider-Man #63 variant cover by Dustin Weaver. (Image Credit: Marvel) The Amazing Spider-Man #63 variant cover by Dustin Weaver. (Image Credit: Marvel)[/caption] It remains to be seen if Peter will continue wearing this new costume throughout 2021 or if it's a temporary wardrobe change. Do you think it deserves to become a regular part of the Spider-Man arsenal? Let us know in the comments. And cast your vote for your favorite alternate Spider-suit in the poll below: [poilib element="poll" parameters="id=a32ee6cf-fba0-4f89-8158-71d25c78a1f8"] [poilib element="accentDivider"] Jesse is a mild-mannered staff writer for IGN. Allow him to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket by following @jschedeen on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors