Become a Patron!

Matt and Vanessa discuss her addiction to Juul

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know people who are utterly addicted to caffeine. I bet everybody reading this page knows some too. When are we going to see stuff about that? Just like caffeine, unless somebody is predisposed or already suffering from specific heath conditions, nicotine is less harmful than processed carbs, high fructose corn syrup and trans fatty acids.

I'm quite frankly getting tired of this whining. I am not apologizing for my enjoyment of vaping AND nicotine.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I realize it probably wasn't possible, but what if everybody had just said that from the beginning?

"And, OH YEAH, it's probably better than cigarettes too?"

I wonder if we wouldn't have been better off simply recognizing vaping as another "vice." that may be less harmful than tobacco instead of proclaiming it as a medical miracle.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Juul did just like BT increase addictive content to sell more product.

Now this is a very Interesting Assumption~! I would like to see some chemical analysis of these Juul Pods and if it is true. Could be a very damning thing for Juul if true.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Juul made the nic hit stronger to make it more addictive. BT chemically altered their base product specifically to make it more addictive. Juul labeled their product honestly. BT did not. I say that's the difference.

If BT would have been forthcoming from the start about this I would also say about them what I say about Juul... So what?

That's what businesses do. They make a product with as much consumer draw as possible. Nobody is forced at gunpoint to buy them.

Let's be honest here. Look around this site and many others with all the handcheck, vapemail, shinyitis, device appreciation and bling out and technical trick out threads. Some folks have spent tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars on super high end equipment. (more power to em if that's what they want) Is all that about smoking cessation? Really?

It's about loving the hobby at least as much and I say again, in the supposed United States of America, nobody should have to feel guilty about that.

I will also say again that kids will do what kids do no matter what their parents, their teachers or some faceless bureaucrats tell them. Of all the mortal dangers they will encounter, vaping shouldn't even be in the top ten.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never touched a Juul and I never will. Juul is a scummy company. There is plenty to pound them for. In my opinion using strong nicotine is not one of them as long as they're honest about what's in it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my thought on it, sure Juul came in with stronger nic and in salt form. I'm no fan of Juul but I'm so sick of this blaming everyone else because little cock snots can't get their shit together. I don't care if it's a juul pod with a handgun and a pair of rubber tits hanging off it, if it's not for kids - then it's not for kids. To paraphrase Austin Powers - how 'bout fuckin' no ya bastards! End of story.

Everyone pushes the limits. Jolt cola, redbull, monster energy drinks, regular size candy bars became king size, regular mcd's meals became supersized, even oreos went to double stuff and now who knows what. Moar Moar Moar. More horsepower in your car, more horsepower in your vacuum. Oh your vacuum is 12a well fuck that this one's 13a.

Some shit just isn't for kids. Parent them. Bust their ass. People say well it won't fix the issue, kids gonna do it anyway. Then they ain't gettin' their ass busted hard enough, trust me they'll learn. It might be a hard ass rough road, they'll learn. Or give up, realize you're a feckless fucking parent who lacks the sack to manage your crotch droppings and let the chips fall where they may. If the current mentality had been in use throughout history the human race would've burnt out eons ago. The rest of the morons who are so headstrong that nothing seems to work, well there's an 8x12 waiting for them and they'll be dealt with accordingly because that's where they're headed.

I'm tired of the current nanny state cuck culture b.s. The world is (gasp/shock) not intended for children. Nor does it revolve around them. Childhood is a phase, it's a period of learning and development on the way to (lord willing) functional adulthood. When they're ready to join the rest of society. Everyone treating the world like the adults are the caretakers just running around on bended knee to serve the will of the prepubescent fuckwits. They got it ass backwards.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"The world is (gasp/shock) not intended for children. Nor does it revolve around them. Childhood is a phase, it's a period of learning and development on the way to (lord willing) functional adulthood. When they're ready to join the rest of society. Everyone treating the world like the adults are the caretakers just running around on bended knee to serve the will of the prepubescent fuckwits. They got it ass backwards."

Well said.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Years ago when my twin sons were small one of them got a hold of a lighter and hid behind my mother in laws living room curtain to play with it. He severely burned up the house, but they got to it in time to make it savable and nobody was hurt. This was in Westbury LI.

Literally minutes after the 911 call the insurance adjusters started showing up heading straight for the women giving their teary eyed condolences and offering their services.

One of them pulled up in an average car, wearing average clothes. A Hispanic fella whose name escapes me at the moment. He walked straight up to me, shook my hand and said (paraphrase):

"Look, I don't know you people and you mean nothing to me personally. I'm not gonna play games with you. I'm here to make money in situations like this and I'm very good at it. The more money I get them to pay you, the more money I get paid. That's what I do. Here are my credentials and references."

I told my mother in law, "this is the guy you want right here."

I have full respect for that kind of up front honesty. As if I believed that these other characters cared one bit for what we were going through anyway.

Yes, that has everything to do with what's going on here.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my thought on it, sure Juul came in with stronger nic and in salt form. I'm no fan of Juul but I'm so sick of this blaming everyone else because little cock snots can't get their shit together. I don't care if it's a juul pod with a handgun and a pair of rubber tits hanging off it, if it's not for kids - then it's not for kids. To paraphrase Austin Powers - how 'bout fuckin' no ya bastards! End of story.

Everyone pushes the limits. Jolt cola, redbull, monster energy drinks, regular size candy bars became king size, regular mcd's meals became supersized, even oreos went to double stuff and now who knows what. Moar Moar Moar. More horsepower in your car, more horsepower in your vacuum. Oh your vacuum is 12a well fuck that this one's 13a.

Some shit just isn't for kids. Parent them. Bust their ass. People say well it won't fix the issue, kids gonna do it anyway. Then they ain't gettin' their ass busted hard enough, trust me they'll learn. It might be a hard ass rough road, they'll learn. Or give up, realize you're a feckless fucking parent who lacks the sack to manage your crotch droppings and let the chips fall where they may. If the current mentality had been in use throughout history the human race would've burnt out eons ago. The rest of the morons who are so headstrong that nothing seems to work, well there's an 8x12 waiting for them and they'll be dealt with accordingly because that's where they're headed.

I'm tired of the current nanny state cuck culture b.s. The world is (gasp/shock) not intended for children. Nor does it revolve around them. Childhood is a phase, it's a period of learning and development on the way to (lord willing) functional adulthood. When they're ready to join the rest of society. Everyone treating the world like the adults are the caretakers just running around on bended knee to serve the will of the prepubescent fuckwits. They got it ass backwards.
The thing I find fucked up these days is....back in the day parents did protect and sacrfice for their childeren, BUT there was the assumption kids keep their mouths shut and listen to their elders and what they had to say respectfully as if their parents thoughts and lessons had some relevant value or importance, that they were passing on the collective lessons learned through generations of trial and error of the healthiest way to live and prosper...but nowdays it assbackwards the adults allow themselves to be treated like imbeciles and childeren feel it is their place to pontificate to adults every idiot thought that blows through the space between their ears,,,which for the most part is the drivel they heard on the television....to the point now adults are expected to allow themselves to be bitch slapped and brow beaten by a mentally unstable 16 year old girl from Sweden.

735 × 631

VU Sponsors