Become a Patron!
Hello everyone. So I have received my new mech mod and a true 30amp battery (LG HB4's) I have read extensively on mechanical mod safety like articles and multiple YouTube videos, however a few questions have not been answered and I want to stay safe while using something I'm new too.

1: How much amp "headroom" should I leave for my batteries? 18/30? 20/30amps? 25/30?

2: Can I use my battery until it is completely drained without anything negative happening? Will it strain the battery in any type of way?

3: Should I charge my battery fully to 4.2 volts or up to my nominal voltage at 3.7? What's the difference regarding safety?

I currently have a .28 ohm coil in my royal hunter RDA. It reads .28 on my iPV D2 and .2 on my smok ohm reader since it doesn't read the 2nd number. So I know it's at least .25-.29 ohms. That being said I know .25 ohms is 14.8 amps with 3.7 volts which is half of the amps of the battery. So realistically I could build down to .15 minimum with 3.7 volts? (25 amps) Or is that not a safe build. But then again on a full charge it would be 28 amps but won't the voltage go down as I'm using it?

PS: never was planning to build that low but I'm curious to know.

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

That's my big thread that should have most of your answers, along with answers to other questions you haven't thought to ask yet...

For safety's sake consider all of your builds at a fully-charged 4.2 volts - the voltage drop will be your headroom. I wouldn't plan on building something that's safe at the point your batteries are dead (in a mech you'll want to recharge them at 3.6), but something that's safe at maximum power and safer below that.

Take a look at the thread I've got linked above - it's 15 minutes of your time, 20 tops. Let me know if you have any more questions after checking that out.

VU Sponsors