Become a Patron!

Mechanical pics!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And not to beat the horse anymore... I saw the post and the parameters and it piqued my interest how someone with 30g Kanthal got to .07Ω on a single... as a builder of coils, and by no means all knowledgeable... I input it... not to contradict you and your comment, but more so to show that it was not what he said it was and indeed safe by the specs.

Again, please... I am not wanting to argue, nor bounce back and forth on who is right... for I agree(d) with you that .07 is sketchy... agree(d) he posted either incorrect specs... but you can't dismiss the specs, nor dismiss what I say is factual.

I do wish you a good evening Don... be rad... and pun... be safe ;)

His post says .07 ohms. I don't care what steam engine says. What he posted he is doing is UNSAFE. Either he is wrong on the ohms or he's wrong on what the coil is. You have no clue either way. I'm going by what he posted the ohms are. If he blows his face off it doesn't affect me at all. I just hope some other idiot doesn't do the same thing.

Sorry about the wrong coil info! That is the coils specs for my dual coil set up in my Pyro v3 RDTA. This single is 22ga*4 A1 - 40ga N80 2.5 5 wraps. I was like WTF did I do that was so unsafe! It actually leveled out @ .09 after being broke in. I use to rock coils that low all day with the Manhattan and my v2 TOBH atty that I machined the airflow out and fabbed up friction fit wide bore delrin tip for. Post hole were of course obliterated to shove 20ga and other large builds in.
thumbnail_IMG_1572.jpg TOBH.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1575.jpg

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
And not to beat the horse anymore... I saw the post and the parameters and it piqued my interest how someone with 30g Kanthal got to .07Ω on a single... as a builder of coils, and by no means all knowledgeable... I input it... not to contradict you and your comment, but more so to show that it was not what he said it was and indeed safe by the specs.

Again, please... I am not wanting to argue, nor bounce back and forth on who is right... for I agree(d) with you that .07 is sketchy... agree(d) he posted either incorrect specs... but you can't dismiss the specs, nor dismiss what I say is factual.

I do wish you a good evening Don... be rad... and pun... be safe ;)
I understand what your saying. The DR like the Drop are also bad about being shorted if you get a missed clipping left in the deck. Also another possibility for a .07ohm reading with kanthal coils. Good evening to you also Don.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taking a walk. Lighting could be better but this combo is hitting fantastically!

dd5c276b4b76492a670c8fec45eaf902.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
need a bit of help, I just got copper rouge and I’m currently using a standard coilart trickster tank. The black paint my tank is peeling off and I want new tank, but I’m not sure what color combo looks nice.

Stainless steel looks very common, not sure what color combo to go for.

YES color over function cuz most shops mostly carry pods now, so me finding tanks are hard. So I’m going for color first.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
need a bit of help, I just got copper rouge and I’m currently using a standard coilart trickster tank. The black paint my tank is peeling off and I want new tank, but I’m not sure what color combo looks nice.

Stainless steel looks very common, not sure what color combo to go for.

YES color over function cuz most shops mostly carry pods now, so me finding tanks are hard. So I’m going for color first.
black, dark gunmetal, red, wine red, sky blue, purple, resin (depending on color combinations)

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i actually want too see some of the color combos u guys have for your cooper mechs

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is that mod?
It's a Kay 21700 by KAY VAPERS in Spain. Never heard of em before I got this one second hand. Stoopid simple design, very well made and performs great. The only con is that some of the contact surfaces are in hard to reach places for cleaning. Especially the bottom battery contact, but there's ways to get it done.
20200902_160750_cr.jpg

Last edited:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's a Kay 21700 by KAY VAPERS in Spain. Never heard of em before I got this one second hand. Stoopid simple design, very well made and performs great. The only con is that some of the contact surfaces are in hard to reach places for cleaning. Especially the bottom battery contact, but there's ways to get it done.
View attachment 168116
That's really cool. I was curious because I have an Ult9n Quake I believe it's called that is similar but it's an 18650 mod. It's tiny, effective and super simple.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's really cool. I was curious because I have an Ult9n Quake I believe it's called that is similar but it's an 18650 mod. It's tiny, effective and super simple.
I've seen a couple others that have this kind of side tab fire design, but this is the only one I have experience with.

I did a bit of digging before I bought it of course and they produce small batches and have mostly European clientele. They had an 18650 model before this one. If you follow that link they also do some rather impressive engraving for what I'm sure is a lot more money.

When I got it I polished it up and swapped the brass Goon 24 and the battery over from my Overlord for direct comparison. Raised my eyebrows. Perty dern good indeed.

If the guy on Reddit has it long enough I'm liable to grab the nickel plated one he has too. Can't do it right now.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've seen a couple others that have this kind of side tab fire design, but this is the only one I have experience with.

I did a bit of digging before I bought it of course and they produce small batches and have mostly European clientele. They had an 18650 model before this one. If you follow that link they also do some rather impressive engraving for what I'm sure is a lot more money.

When I got it I polished it up and swapped the brass Goon 24 and the battery over from my Overlord for direct comparison. Raised my eyebrows. Perty dern good indeed.

If the guy on Reddit has it long enough I'm liable to grab the nickel plated one he has too. Can't do it right now.
Unfortunately no more new toys for me. I've had some unexpected expenses and I'm broke as a joke right now. I like my Quake but a 21700 version would be that much better. Enjoy your new toy. It's nice.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The amount of money you guys are spending on these Purge mods is amazing. I've worn out my 20yr old Electra Glide, and saving for a brand new one. The price of these mods would put a sizeable dent in the acquisition. I don't think I've bought a new mod in over 5 yrs.

VU Sponsors