Become a Patron!

Mesh tank with locking mechanism

Hi all,

I have used the freemax mesh pro but time after time the top cap slid open in my pocket, left stains on my trousers, emptied my tank and covered everything in my pocket in juice. This was enough to put me off the sliding top cap design for life.

I use a falcon king now which has been great to be fair but the spring loaded mechanism has gone and i want to see what else is out there now.

Are there any other mesh tanks that have any way of locking them shut out there?

For background i have just ordered an Aegis Legend. I use power mode but would/ could use TC, normally around 70W, use SS coils (hate kanthal) and normally get a week tops out of my coils.

Advice appreciated.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The Uwell Crown 4 has a screw top and I’ve heard good things. I love my OG crown and Uwell is known for making some solid tanks. The Crown 4 fits the bill with what you’re looking for and is supposed to have dynamite performance. Like I said I haven’t personally used it but go check out some reviews here and elsewhere to help you decide if it’s what you want.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Uwell Crown 4 has a screw top and I’ve heard good things. I love my OG crown and Uwell is known for making some solid tanks. The Crown 4 fits the bill with what you’re looking for and is supposed to have dynamite performance. Like I said I haven’t personally used it but go check out some reviews here and elsewhere to help you decide if it’s what you want.
I too love my og Crown. One of the best ever made imo.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi all,

I have used the freemax mesh pro but time after time the top cap slid open in my pocket, left stains on my trousers, emptied my tank and covered everything in my pocket in juice. This was enough to put me off the sliding top cap design for life.

I use a falcon king now which has been great to be fair but the spring loaded mechanism has gone and i want to see what else is out there now.

Are there any other mesh tanks that have any way of locking them shut out there?

For background i have just ordered an Aegis Legend. I use power mode but would/ could use TC, normally around 70W, use SS coils (hate kanthal) and normally get a week tops out of my coils.

Advice appreciated.
Have a Smok TFV16 tank that locks. I love the Double mesh coil in it and it lasts great. A beast of a tank/coil. But it is Kath. Get easy 2 weeks from them.
Any reason you don't like Kath coils?

I've seen a few tanks now but all seem to have there flaws. The crown 4 has been said to overheat and i had that issue with the crown 1 or 2 that i had.

I had a tfv12 previously but it seemed a bit overkill for 70w.

I'm not sure why i don't like kanthal really. Maybe it goes back to days of building with it, i found ss easier with quicker ramp up and a cleaner taste.

Any of you used the nexmesh? I've heard mixed reviews on the silicone seal distorting and causing leaks but all the info i have found to support this is a year old now. I was wandering if the had upped their QA game?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Have you tried putting a vape band around the sliding mechanism top of the tank- I have read about people doing that to keep the tank from sliding open .

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You should've got the original Falcon. Those spring loaded flip open latches have always failed me. Same thing happened with two Geekvape Alpha tanks. The original Falcon tanks use the same coils as the King but it has a screw on and off top cap.

I tested the M Pro 2 tank. It still has a slider top but it's harder to push open. They used bigger ball bearings or stiffer ones as they say. The tank didn't come open in my bag or jacket pocket. The Mesh Pro and Fireluke 2 were horrible that way. The Augvape Skynet PRO can use M Pro coils and has a screw off cap also.

The new TFV9 tanks have an interesting locking top cap. They have some pretty good flavor also. You pull up on the top in order to swing the latch to the side. I use them at 55W though not 70. It might start getting really warm that high.

I ended up going for a nexmesh pro in the end. It is okay but not as good as the hype i read. About on par with the falcon king.

My Aegis Legend has autofired on me today though a week or so after receiving it.

I have never had this with any mod before.

I fired it then let go and for probably 4 or 5 seconds it just carried on vaping itself like it was possessed. I just tore the batteries out in panic.

The strange thing is the new coil screen never appeared when i first put my falcon king on it when i first got the mod. It never appeared when i changed it and put the nexmesh on but after the autofire it appeared when i put the batteries back in and read it as 0.2 ohm when it should be 0.16. It has just asked again if i have put a new 0.2 ohm coil in (i haven't).

Normally i would be wearing headphones now but I'm afraid to incase it starts doing this again and i don't hear it.

I don't know if i should assume it was a one off and just carry on as i normally would or what.

What would you do?

My batteries are married LG HG2's and i replaced the whole set about 12 months ago. The wrappers are perfect and i've never had any issues with them before.

The squid industries double barrel did have screen issues and a high pitched squel though (hence replacing it) so I'm not sure if that could have done them some damage somehow.

VU Sponsors