Become a Patron!

metal taste no flavor

Please help, I don't know whats going on. I bought the halo tracer and reactor kits with Tribeca liquid. It was amazing flavor for the first week. I instantly quit smoking. So a week into vaping, out of nowhere it has a dead taste. I put in new coils and same dead metal taste. I bought a few more different flavor liquids to test and new coils and its the same thing. Zero flavor. I gave up and went back to smoking for a few weeks. I then bought innokin cool fire 4 plus with apex tank. Same thing is happing now on all tanks coils and juice. I'm getting good clouds but all I taste is metallic. Its like put a piece of metal in a glass of water, let it soak for a week and then drink the water, that's all it tastes like. Can any body help please? I did prime all coils correct and stayed within watt range. It is 100% not vapers tongue. It is not burnt cotton, it is just the sickest metal taste and no flavor at all. Thanks for any help.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You have vapers tongue, even though you are sure you don't. I had the same type of situation with metallic and flat flavors when I switched to vaping from smoking. That happens when you vape after quitting smoking and your taste buds are coming back to life. Get some eliquid with a lot of menthol in it or black licorice (anise) and vape that for a week of so instead of smoking. Your taste buds will come back to life and your juice won't taste flat any more.

The other option is to rinse your tanks out and soak them overnight in lemon juice and then rinse with hot water. That will remove any oxides or possible metallic flavors.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Please help, I don't know whats going on. I bought the halo tracer and reactor kits with Tribeca liquid. It was amazing flavor for the first week. I instantly quit smoking. So a week into vaping, out of nowhere it has a dead taste. I put in new coils and same dead metal taste. I bought a few more different flavor liquids to test and new coils and its the same thing. Zero flavor. I gave up and went back to smoking for a few weeks. I then bought innokin cool fire 4 plus with apex tank. Same thing is happing now on all tanks coils and juice. I'm getting good clouds but all I taste is metallic. Its like put a piece of metal in a glass of water, let it soak for a week and then drink the water, that's all it tastes like. Can any body help please? I did prime all coils correct and stayed within watt range. It is 100% not vapers tongue. It is not burnt cotton, it is just the sickest metal taste and no flavor at all. Thanks for any help.
Very strange, maybe you need another vaper to taste it to make sure it is not your bodies reaction.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've read people are sensitive to kanthal. I don't know what wire you're vaping with. Try another wire. Just a wild guess tho

The reason I say its not vapers tongue, is because it was such a short time that I was vaping for that to happen. I have never lost taste or smell with any foods or drinks. Its like a flavorless metal layer in my throat every time I try to vape. Its impossible to enjoy.

I am still new to all this, but I don't know anything about kanthal. I am just using the premade coils that came with these kits.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The reason I say its not vapers tongue, is because it was such a short time that I was vaping for that to happen. I have never lost taste or smell with any foods or drinks. Its like a flavorless metal layer in my throat every time I try to vape. Its impossible to enjoy.

I am still new to all this, but I don't know anything about kanthal. I am just using the premade coils that came with these kits.
As @SMOKIE suggested, get another Vaper to taste it, which would confirm either it's your coils, or you actually do have vapor's tongue.

VU Sponsors