Become a Patron!

Mint / Cold feeling in the chest after i started vaping

I have been smoking 1.5 packs of cigarette a day. I quit smoking a 6 days ago and have been vaping RELX Fresh Red juice that contains 30mg per ML nicotine. It gives me a good throat hit and keeps me away from cigarette. Since two days i have a slight mint / cold feeling in my chest and i also feel slight taste of my vape (watermelon and mint) that sticks in my mouth and does not go away.

No breathing problems or chest pain, just mint / cold feeling, getting anxious and not sure what it is or maybe i am new to vaping that's why?

My vape juice contains 50/50 PG/VG. Is this normal? I am happy that i have not been smoking, wanted to quit and this the is the only thing that has helped me. I've tried many times before but failed! Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I have been smoking 1.5 packs of cigarette a day. I quit smoking a 6 days ago and have been vaping RELX Fresh Red juice that contains 30mg per ML nicotine. It gives me a good throat hit and keeps me away from cigarette. Since two days i have a slight mint / cold feeling in my chest and i also feel slight taste of my vape (watermelon and mint) that sticks in my mouth and does not go away.

No breathing problems or chest pain, just mint / cold feeling, getting anxious and not sure what it is or maybe i am new to vaping that's why?

My vape juice contains 50/50 PG/VG. Is this normal? I am happy that i have not been smoking, wanted to quit and this the is the only thing that has helped me. I've tried many times before but failed! Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.
Congrats on not smoking for 6 days...keep it up !
50/50 can be normal. I personally don't vape that much VG because it will get caught in my throat/lungs and I'll cough it up.
Try a different flavor, maybe a lower nic level even though the one your using is working...you could always vape it more on that new flavor till it's gone and go back to 30. But at least a second flavor would probably help with some of what your describing. Switch it up. And drink lots of water/favorite.

Get a second or more, different device(s). Refillable and buy juice separately.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Also, smoking damages cilia and when you quit, even though you vape, they get repaired. And that can make for a little tickle or cough in the chest that will go away.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Aaaand, lol. You probably don't want to stray far from what's working, but now that you know vaping works, having more than 1 device is very crucial. Don't leave a reason, like one stops working or the battery or pod runs out, then pick up a cig. A device with which you can buy both coils and juice in bulk, saves a lot and provides more flexibility in every aspect...the draw, the flavor(s), the coils, the nic level...just keep what you got going but be thinking about a second set up. A suggestion would be something slightly larger for more battery and with coil choices, even if for just around house, car, etc and have the smaller for if/when you need/want it to be.

Congrats on not smoking for 6 days...keep it up !
50/50 can be normal. I personally don't vape that much VG because it will get caught in my throat/lungs and I'll cough it up.
Try a different flavor, maybe a lower nic level even though the one your using is working...you could always vape it more on that new flavor till it's gone and go back to 30. But at least a second flavor would probably help with some of what your describing. Switch it up. And drink lots of water/favorite.

Get a second or more, different device(s). Refillable and buy juice separately.
Day 7 and no cigs! Drinking a lot of water helped and has fixed mint/cold feeling in the chest.

Thank you for helping me out! Much appreciated

Happy Vaping

VU Sponsors