Become a Patron!

Mod for floating the river?

My wife and I float the river almost every weekend. Nothing with rapids. Just sit on top kayaks and a fair amount of beer. But we have been known to take the occasional dunk. I am super new to vaping so not really sure what to buy for this purpose. I just know I don't want my Cuboid or Mini Volt to take a swim. Have been eyeing the eGo AIO. At $20 it wouldn't hurt my feelings too bad to lose it. What would you guys buy and why?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
An AIO is definately cost effective. Then, seal it a waterproof bag and keep it in a waistpack. You should never lose it and it will stay dry.

vapepassion

Member For 4 Years
My first thought was also the Invader Mini. This thing had a lot of great reviews when it came out. After seeing that deal that @Mattp169 posted, I bought two of them! Sweet deal, I've always wanted one of these!

A mech mod won't die if it gets wet, but if the battery gets wet, you have to wait for the battery to dry out before using it. You could store the battery in a waterproof container, but personally, I'd go with the Invader Mini. Just seems easier.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first thought was also the Invader Mini. This thing had a lot of great reviews when it came out. After seeing that deal that @Mattp169 posted, I bought two of them! Sweet deal, I've always wanted one of these!

Efun frequently has some insane deals but that's ridiculous. :p

The only thing is, if it matters... they now have a domestic US warehouse but not a large stock there. It pays to pay attention to their page.

I'd have a look but their site is being flagged for me the past couple of days.
I may open it anyway later.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I asked a similar question last year and ended up getting an REO cloned squonk box -

That changed my vaping (and life) forever :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The quality of the vape was high, the simplicity of the vaping experience was amazing, the operation simple and the idea that it could get wet and still be serviceable (after drying) very appealing.

Caution: it was a gateway to becoming a squonkaholic!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That Heatvape Invader looks like definite working in a shop or out in the field type of MOD.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just out of curiosity.. Did you miss the part where he said...

And you recommended a Mech?!?! :headbang:

Yes, for floating on a river..... A Mechanical Mod would be my choice for the safest and most dependable choice.

IMO, all vapers should start with an unregulated mod.. You don't learn by letting machines think for you.
I refuse to depend on or trust my safety to a device. See because I started mehanical or at least unregulated. First mod being an EGO battery. First builds in a protank 3 on the ego batt. I learned the cause and affect of vaping and how to vape safely. Of course when I started vaping less than 3 years ago, 15watts was HIGH power.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good point Countrypami. I didn't comment because what would have been my answer was already posted. Just blew past that super new comment and focused on solving the problem. So yeah, buy something cheap. Or don't be clumsy ;)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes, for floating on a river..... A Mechanical Mod would be my choice for the safest and most dependable choice.

IMO, all vapers should start with an unregulated mod.. You don't learn by letting machines think for you.
I refuse to depend on or trust my safety to a device. See because I started mehanical or at least unregulated. First mod being an EGO battery. First builds in a protank 3 on the ego batt. I learned the cause and affect of vaping and how to vape safely. Of course when I started vaping less than 3 years ago, 15watts was HIGH power.
I certainly respect you're thinking there. However, recommending a Mech to a "super new vaper" without knowing their knowledge of ohms law or battery safety is, IMO, poor advice.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I certainly respect you're thinking there. However, recommending a Mech to a "super new vaper" without knowing their knowledge of ohms law or battery safety is, IMO, poor advice.

How is, letting your mod do all the safety stuff for you.... teaching anything about battery safety and ohms law..

A mechanical Tube mod, and a spare battery in a sealed container, Is still the best and safest choice for a Floating Down the River Mod. The battery being the only thing a dunk in the river might harm.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
How is, letting your mod do all the safety stuff for you.... teaching anything about battery safety and ohms law..
A mechanical Tube mod, and a spare battery in a sealed container, Is still the best and safest choice for a Floating Down the River Mod. The battery being the only thing a dunk in the river might harm.

I used to think newbies should not be advised to use mechs until I remembered I started on unregulated and jumped straight to mech from there.

Yes, they have to learn safety, etc. but the advice I received to go with a mech was some of the best advice I ever took advantage of. I was scared of the mech and learned a lot before using it.

Newb doesn't always = Moron.

Okay what are some ego styled mech mods

I do know battery safety. I fly RC planes and helis with loop batteries

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors