Become a Patron!

Mod questions, and thoughts about a trade

I originally wanted to buy a authentic hades mech mod with a tobh atty dripper and a 4200 mah battety as well as 60ml of juice and a single battety charger. The guy was asking 200$. My freind (different person) sold me his mech mod. Which he new nothing about. I got it for 70$. I didnt know much about it either. After further inspection. Its a authentic akuma mod with the laser engraving. It has a little boy rda and a 18650 battery with 2400mah if I remember. So I think I got a good deal. But the original plan was to trade this for the original one I wanted with all the stuff. But I belive mines worth quite a bit more. The guy wants to do the trade. Should I stick with mine or trade it? And why? Keep in mind that mines scuffed and the other guys is mint. Thanks

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, a tube mod is a tube mod. A mech is a mech. A tube mod hits no different than a box (well, maybe a little voltage difference depending, but whatever). The $10 clone functions exactly like the $200 authentic. Its 99% the name, the prestige, and the fact the real one might be made in the US.

Anyway, if his tube is more expensive and in better shape, and hes willing to trade, then go for it.

Dunno what your experience level is, but be sure to pay attention to the amp rating of your battery rather than the mah rating. The mah rating is just basically how much of a charge it holds, the amp rating is the important one and the one you need to use to figure out how low you can build your coils. Neglect that amp rating and you might just end up as a cautionary tale.

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd keep the Akuma, but only because the Hades uses a 26650. I don't care for a tube that big. Agree with @Mythical_OD, mah is not the important rating especially in a mech, the amp rating is what you need to be concerned about.

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Akuma + Little Boy > Hades + Tobh. IMO.

Well, a tube mod is a tube mod. A mech is a mech. A tube mod hits no different than a box (well, maybe a little voltage difference depending, but whatever). The $10 clone functions exactly like the $200 authentic. Its 99% the name, the prestige, and the fact the real one might be made in the US.

Anyway, if his tube is more expensive and in better shape, and hes willing to trade, then go for it.

Dunno what your experience level is, but be sure to pay attention to the amp rating of your battery rather than the mah rating. The mah rating is just basically how much of a charge it holds, the amp rating is the important one and the one you need to use to figure out how low you can build your coils. Neglect that amp rating and you might just end up as a cautionary tale.
I have experince with boxs and atomizers. This is my first unregulated mod. Im gonna go to my local shop to get educated about it and buy coil. From what I know, mine is worth a fair amount more then his. But he is including the charger and juice, and his appears to be newer. So whats the biggest difference between the two? Why would I go with his over mine, or mine over his?

VU Sponsors