Become a Patron!

Mod won't turn on

I just inherited my friend's iStick Pico 75w. I'm fairly new to vaping and I've been using it for the past week with no problems. Today as I tried to turn it on, nothing shows up on the screen and it doesn't turn on at all. I've tried 3 different fully charged batteries and I've tried my tank on a different vape. Everything is working fine but it won't turn on.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU

You are putting the battery in positive side down, correct?

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you try to plug a usb in to get the display to light up?

Yea I plugged in a microusb and nothing happened. Left it in usb for 20 mins. Nothing happened

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Make sure it is into a USB port that recognizes devices. I tried the front USB ports on my desktop and they only charge for some reason. I'm not able to update firmware with them. Try the USB ports on the back of the pc. I would Google your device for firmware updates also. Might also be a faulty fire button if your device powers on after five rapid clicks of the fire button. Sorry just naming random things I'd do.

I'll try plugging into pc when I have a chance. If it's the switch, is it fixable, how?

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If the fire button is broken at the chip/motherboard level I wouldn't say it is fixable. But hopefully it's just stuck or maybe misaligned with the actual clicker on the motherboard. Taking the casing off to access the underlying parts will most likely be the best way to find out.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had this happen on mine, 3 times...... Not sure what causes it yet. Seems more like a battery recognition problem more than a Switch thing to me... Maybe a dirty contact? As the mod turns on when you insert a battery.. You don' t have to use the switch on battery install.

The first time it happened I tried all 7 of my 18650 batteries. no go. Plugging it into the PC got it started. (3 being button tops that are too tall to screw the cap down completely. and are used in my mechs).
The second and 3rd it started up after trying a different battery.

Hasn't happened since I re-installed the original firmware. So it could be a software glitch.

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just bought two istic pico 75s last week one for me and one for the wife. mine is doing te same thing. I took the battery out of mine put in hers hers works fine. maybe my local shop will take it back for credit or something.

edit: just plugged it in my laptop it shows up and screen comes on ugraded the firmware seems to be working again dunno

Last edited:
if your PC will recognize it update your firmware just did mine and it is working again
Yea that was the first thing I tried.. hasn't recognized it at all so just ordered the mod I linked above. Should be here soon

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cool. glad mine came back i like it as dailey user. I save my reuleaux200s for the house and my tfv8 tank

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just as a check if i take my battery out and put it back in i have to plug it in to make it work again

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey lebdavid try this I just did it with mine... I took the battery out put it back in and it didnt work. I light tamped it against my hand and it popped on
*edit mine finally kicked the bucket only two weeks old wonder if my local shop will hook me up

Last edited:
hey lebdavid try this I just did it with mine... I took the battery out put it back in and it didnt work. I light tamped it against my hand and it popped on
Tbh that was one of the things I tried cuz most things tend to work after a good hit haha. I think it's a lost cause at this point..

my sigelei kaos spectrum is doing this aswell, it works when plugged into a pc or usb but as soon as its off the usb it turns off and wont turn on. Any ideas on whats going on with my vape ive had 4 different vapes none have done this so far. im thinking maybe its a software glitch.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a istick 100w 21700 and the fire button sticks. Didn't you know that is why they call it an istick.

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
my sigelei kaos spectrum is doing this aswell, it works when plugged into a pc or usb but as soon as its off the usb it turns off and wont turn on. Any ideas on whats going on with my vape ive had 4 different vapes none have done this so far. im thinking maybe its a software glitch.
How did your spectrum mod turn out? Planning to get it, but after reading some reviews from people, I'm starting to think it might be a mistake to.

VU Sponsors