Vape Media
XLwtwzn.jpg

http://www.v4p3r.com/money-vapings-dirty-little-secret/

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
@VaporJoes shared this on Facebook last night, and it's definitely worth a listen. This is an interview on Click, Bang from a year ago when people were giving him a bunch of crap for monetizing his blog.

Affiliate marketing has been around for a long time. I probably got exposed to it sooner than most because I develop websites, but it was hilarious to listen to some of these callers who seemed to be completely naive to the concept. The wanna-be law experts coming out of the woodwork, the so-called website "expert" who called in to the show, and the dumbass who thought Joe had to make his click stats public are all highlights of this interview.

https://soundcloud.com/soundcloud.com%2Fvp-live%2Fthe-vaperjoe-fasttech-1

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vaping industry today reminds me furiously of the cellphone industry in the late 80s / early 90s: it's the wild west, and everybody and their dog is trying to get in on the action. At some point or another, the little players are gonna disappear off the map, and the mildly important ones are gonna get swallowed up by the big ones. And then you'll end up with semi-monopolies who'll be swimming in cash and playing hardball, like the tobacco industry does today. So, yeah, it's all about the money...

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By the way, the "community" ain't you and me ordinary vapers: it's the community of little guys trying to make it big in the industry. It's totally made up. I've yet to meet any ordinary vaper who feels part of it.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
As for this "community". Bleh. Whoever wants it can have it, I'm pretty much over it at this point. We all belong to several "communities" based on our hobbies and interests. Doesn't matter if you're a Harley owner, race R/C cars, make jewelry, or whatever the hell. There is a community out there for it and many belong to them. This vaping "community" has an extra chromosome in my opinion. A bunch of single-minded simpletons with an agree with us or GTFO attitude.

Reddit e-cig sub has its community. This is a community. The "top shelf" personalities have their group. The advocacy zealots have their own little circle-jerk. They're all very separate and every one of them talks about "community" as if what they're saying or what they stand for speaks for all vapers everywhere.

I agree. The one true community, the extreme majority of vapers out there who are happy with their $100 or lower total investment, have no idea that any of these guys even exist.

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got to say, what you have written about "community" is pretty spot on, however, your article as a whole (along with much of what I have read on your blog) feels rather condescending. Time for an "adult discussion"... Who are you writing for, children? Treat your audience with a little more respect. I don’t want to sound too harsh - if you're educating some of the vapers out there who need some perspective, maybe it's all for the best - but for those of us who are actually adults, your tone can be off-putting at times. Please consider this constructive criticism. Also, try not to ride Joe’s dick too hard - really, you can prove your own points without copying his facebooks posts :).

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I got to say, what you have written about "community" is pretty spot on, however, your article as a whole (along with much of what I have read on your blog) feels rather condescending. Time for an "adult discussion"... Who are you writing for, children? Treat your audience with a little more respect. I don’t want to sound too harsh - if you're educating some of the vapers out there who need some perspective, maybe it's all for the best - but for those of us who are actually adults, your tone can be off-putting at times. Please consider this constructive criticism. Also, try not to ride Joe’s dick too hard - really, you can prove your own points without copying his facebooks posts :).
I can take constructive criticism, so thank you for your comments. A couple counterpoints, though:

Twisted420 posted this story on Reddit, and then I broke it to everyone else, including Joe. No one is copying his Facebook posts. As for the tone, it was written that way for a reason, and you nailed it. There are a lot of people out there who need to broaden their horizons and accept that this is a business and people are making money in it.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Ah, that. Well, I thought it was very relevant and wanted some discussion on it.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can take constructive criticism, so thank you for your comments. A couple counterpoints, though:

Twisted420 posted this story on Reddit, and then I broke it to everyone else, including Joe. No one is copying his Facebook posts. As for the tone, it was written that way for a reason, and you nailed it. There are a lot of people out there who need to broaden their horizons and accept that this is a business and people are making money in it.
How is this even news though??

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im not trying to criticize the article just the people who still have no idea this is going on and has been since day 1...

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Paintball has (had ?) it's profiteering assholes, cheaters, ROF paintsellors..

VU Sponsors