Become a Patron!

Moved from Vamo to DNA30 box; why is the Cana so much better?

punkonjunk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so I've been on a Vamo tube, then a vamo 2x18650 altoid box by von khoe, pretty much since I started. I used a VV spinner for about a month and immediately wanted something with more life.

I finally got a box, loved the size of it in my hand, even though it's a solo battery, and screwed in (I'm gonna mod in some magnets for the back plate)

One thing that's blowing me away, though; same wattage, same reported voltage output.... but for some reason, I get MUCH better flavor out of the DNA30 box. It's more flavorful, better tasting, better vapor.

my understanding is the coil gets power, heats up, produces vapor. What differs between these two devices? I'm using a kayfun3.1, airflow from the side, not the 510, so it's not a filthy connection. I also tinkered up and down with both to get the vapor volume to be roughly equal, but it ALWAYS tastes better on the cana.
How is this possible? How does a DNA30 produce better vapor than a Vamo?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You will have to wait for folks like Hobby Kid to show up but as I understand it, the DNA series delivers a flat DC current rather than one with spikes.

And as much as I love my Vamo and still use it, I love my DNAs as much if not more.

VU Sponsors