vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everly, starring Salma Hayek

Presenting 92 minutes of poorly choreographed gun play, unfunny one liners, chicks that are suppose to be sexy but who either die within ten seconds or who speak ruining their attraction with their dim- wittedness, a main character who we know nothing about other than that she has a mother and daughter and that everyone is trying to kill her who doesn't keep surviving because she's just a good aim or such a skilled hand-to-hand fighter but only because everyone who is trying to kill her is just down right stupid, talking on the phone, irritating music that sounds like it was recorded in mono with the base turned completely off, putting high heel shoes on kicking them off putting them on again kicking them off again, cartoonish violence happening so fast that there's no time for the last murder to sink in before the next one happens, all taking place in the same room with the same bumbling fumbling woman who doesn't seem like she could fight here way out of a paper sack let alone take on hordes of assassins rushing at her one by one almost as if they are waiting outside in a single file line awaiting their cue. Presenting Everly. Now put your finger onto the Red Box screen and slide her away so that you can choose a better movie to watch.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw American sniper on Friday. Was a great movie. Never saw a movie that after it was over the entire place walked out in silence. If you haven't seen it, you should plan to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, saw it Monday, everyone walked out in science.

Great movie

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just watched Scorpion King 4.

it was...ok. Kinda seemed similar to the previous scorpion king movies from what I recall.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw John Wick. If you are looking for another deep Keanu movie... well this is not definitely it. So basically ( no spoilers this is all in the trailer) The only two things that are going on in John Wicks life is his car (which is a really sweet ride ) and the dog his dead wife has given him, until the bad guys (Russian mobsters ) kill his dog and steal his car... oh and btw John Wick used to be the best hitman something akin to the Grim Reaper . You could guess what happens afterwards, but all and all it wasn't such a bad movie. I mean there is a lot gun fights and almost nothing else , but if you are looking for something more simple to unwind and don't mind shooting this is the perfect movie for you.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw John Wick. If you are looking for another deep Keanu movie... well this is not definitely it. So basically ( no spoilers this is all in the trailer) The only two things that are going on in John Wicks life is his car (which is a really sweet ride ) and the dog his dead wife has given him, until the bad guys (Russian mobsters ) kill his dog and steal his car... oh and btw John Wick used to be the best hitman something akin to the Grim Reaper . You could guess what happens afterwards, but all and all it wasn't such a bad movie. I mean there is a lot gun fights and almost nothing else , but if you are looking for something more simple to unwind and don't mind shooting this is the perfect movie for you.
Found this to be more enjoyable than that hunk of shit released a few years ago called shooter.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw it and agree.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sure it's been mentioned... Boyhood. We watched it this afternoon. I loved this. Nearly 3 hours long, very emotional, I thought. It sure stirred up a lot of childhood memories for me. I highly recommend this movie if you have some free time.

We're about to watch Fury.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just watched Wild Card, the new Jason Statham movie. Pretty damn good film. There's three really intense fighting scenes in it, one which Jason takes out a bunch of thugs with nothing but a spoon and a butter knife. But the film isn't all action. It's a pretty engaging drama about a compulsive gambler trying to escape life in Las Vegas.

Salero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally Starting to build up my Marvel & Quinten Tarantino collections. Recently watched Dumb & Dumber To. Funniest shit Ive seen in years lmao.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Personally Starting to build up my Marvel & Quinten Tarantino collections. Recently watched Dumb & Dumber To. Funniest shit Ive seen in years lmao.

We're looking forward to that one in this house! Thanks for sharing it.

Salero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No joke. Just went to a cheap local shop and picked up Ronin for $3.
I have an addiction to gritty crime movies. Especially from before 2000.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Saw Kingsman Secret Service today. It's a mixed bag. It's sort of a British remake of XXX, but there are a few scenes in it that truly tread the cult classic waters, too bad these scenes are contained in an overly long jumble with Samuel L. Jackson doing a horrible Flava Flav impersonation as the villain. It's worth seeing, but not at $12.50 which is what I paid. Afterward tried to get my money's worth by attempting to sneak into 50 Shades but recognized the ridiculously intricate rent-a-cop sting operation that was about to catch me, so to avoid embarrassment I just left chuckling to myself.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just finished watching all 7 Harry Potter movies.
Still think the first 3 were good, the 4th was ok, then the last 3 sucked.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone ever see a movie called Shock Waves, an old time movie about nazi zombies or something? I was trying to download a copy of it but I'm stuck out in the country right now with slow internet and only managed to see the first ten minutes of it. Seems pretty creepy.
I've seen it, grade c movie, 'bout sub-mariner-zombie-nazi's...'can't recall the plot-line.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol, another movie in the 'nazi zombie' genre. Well, it might actually have been the first.
I'm downloading it now, might watch it next week.

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm routing for Birdman to win tonight, but it also happens to be the only one I went to see. The writing could have used some help. (Why do some great directors think they must also be great writers? This new talented bunch can't all be P.T. Anderson, after all.) But it'll be a crime if the cinematographer and Keaton don't get the little gold dudes due them. Any other Oscar picks out there?

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I want to talk about a movie that is not so current. That is the movie is from 1973. It is Alejandro Jodorowsky's "The Holy Mountain". It is as weird and strange only as a movie from the beginning of the 70es could be.

I don't think that most people will like it, but although I thought that I won't be able to go through the whole movie (you can find it easily enough on YouTube), I kind of enjoyed it.The whole movie is ridden with religious symbolism, allegories and some really disturbing scenes, which are had to watch. I have never seen anything like it, I wonder if someone has caught wind of it ?

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Luckily El Topo is also on YouTube. It wasn't bad, but somehow The Holly Mountain was , at least for me, more watchable.

Has anyone has any thoughts about the Oscar winners?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just watched Wild Card, the new Jason Statham movie. Pretty damn good film. There's three really intense fighting scenes in it, one which Jason takes out a bunch of thugs with nothing but a spoon and a butter knife. But the film isn't all action. It's a pretty engaging drama about a compulsive gambler trying to escape life in Las Vegas.

LOl I agree with you on something.
That spoon scene was one of the better fight scenes since Driver oil fight.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched Birdman. There were a lot of hype about it, but somehow I couldn't feel it. I mean it has good acting, but somehow the move is too existential for me , I don't know. Maybe I just, wasn't in the mood.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched Birdman. There were a lot of hype about it, but somehow I couldn't feel it. I mean it has good acting, but somehow the move is too existential for me , I don't know. Maybe I just, wasn't in the mood.
I had to the exact same reaction to it. I never finished watching it.

I'm about to watch Black Sea right now though. It got some crappy reviews but it seems like it might be a mindless, fun couple of hours.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Fell asleep about 45 minutes into it.

Just seemed like an "actor's movie" to me. One of those pet project movies that big names will do for a small studio or new director for a stab at an award. There's some good stuff out there in this genre (Prisoners comes to mind), but Birdman tried too hard IMHO. Glad to see Michael Keaton back in the game, though. He was also the bright spot of the new RoboCop movie, which was otherwise dull.

John Wick and Nightcrawler are the only movies worthy of note that I've watched lately.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Agh! I was so close to getting John Wick earlier today, but thanks for posting. We rented Lucy and Gone Girl. Will watch tonight or tomorrow.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Saw Lucy in theaters. That's kind of a policy with anything that has Scarlett Johansson in it. o_O

I missed Gone Girl, unfortunately. The wife rented it earlier in the week, and I didn't have a chance to see it. John Wick is a good shoot-em-up, you won't be disappointed. They've already started working on John Wick 2.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agh! I was so close to getting John Wick earlier today, but thanks for posting. We rented Lucy and Gone Girl. Will watch tonight or tomorrow.
Yeah, be warned, John Wick is a shoot-em-up movie but NOTHING else. It has no plot whatsoever and is really silly. I'm a huge John Woo fan and love a good shoot-em-up film, but Wick was even too mindless for me. It was just Keanu Reeves shooting people in the head for an hour and a half, basically.

dork

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fell asleep about 45 minutes into it.

Just seemed like an "actor's movie" to me. One of those pet project movies that big names will do for a small studio or new director for a stab at an award. There's some good stuff out there in this genre (Prisoners comes to mind), but Birdman tried too hard IMHO. Glad to see Michael Keaton back in the game, though. He was also the bright spot of the new RoboCop movie, which was otherwise dull.

John Wick and Nightcrawler are the only movies worthy of note that I've watched lately.
I worked on Prisoners. An absolute brutal shoot, but the result was sooo worth it.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I worked on Prisoners. An absolute brutal shoot, but the result was sooo worth it.
I posted this earlier in this thread, but I'll say it again here:

Visually, the cinematography of that film is the best I've seen in a long, long time. Nearly every frame of that movie could be frozen to make a photograph, it was brilliant work. A lot of people miss that stuff, and I can imagine that it was a hardcore movie to work on. Here's one fan who noticed. Great job!

dork

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I posted this earlier in this thread, but I'll say it again here:

Visually, the cinematography of that film is the best I've seen in a long, long time. Nearly every frame of that movie could be frozen to make a photograph, it was brilliant work. A lot of people miss that stuff, and I can imagine that it was a hardcore movie to work on. Here's one fan who noticed. Great job!
Wow! Kind words. Roger Deacons is a hoot. Dried up old British guy. Hilarious. Knows exactly what he wants and how to get it. I saw him walk 100 yards to tweak a light while 15 lighting technicians stood there with their hands in their pockets. He maintains absolute control over what you see. Much respect for that man.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Wow! Kind words. Roger Deacons is a hoot. Dried up old British guy. Hilarious. Knows exactly what he wants and how to get it. I saw him walk 100 yards to tweak a light while 15 lighting technicians stood there with their hands in their pockets. He maintains absolute control over what you see. Much respect for that man.
He's part of a dying breed, to be sure. He has some great films to his credit: Shawshank Redemption, No Country for Old Men, Barton Fink, A Beautiful Mind...just to name a few.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
So what should I watch everyone Nightcrawler , John Wick or Lucy?
That would be my order of recommendation: Nightcrawler, John Wick, then Lucy.

Nightcrawler is a good mind job type of movie. John Wick is a shoot-em-up with some good action sequences an a non-traditional story. Lucy...IMHO started off really well, and then got progressively worse at it neared the end.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That would be my order of recommendation: Nightcrawler, John Wick, then Lucy.

Nightcrawler is a good mind job type of movie. John Wick is a shoot-em-up with some good action sequences an a non-traditional story. Lucy...IMHO started off really well, and then got progressively worse at it neared the end.
Thanks

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So what should I watch everyone Nightcrawler , John Wick or Lucy?
My opinion would be definitely check out Nightcrawler, sort of a modern day Taxi Driver / King of Comedy of sorts, but just skip John Wick and Lucy unless you just like stupid pointless action without any plausible plot. There are plenty of other good movies out there without having to waste your time on total drivel.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What did everyone think of Fury? I thought the end was a bit silly any of those soldiers could have taken out the machine gun Brad Pitt fury I liked the reality of the shells just falling off the German tanks which is true.. Seemed slow at times I expected something that never arrived

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What did everyone think of Fury? I thought the end was a bit silly any of those soldiers could have taken out the machine gun Brad Pitt fury I liked the reality of the shells just falling off the German tanks which is true.. Seemed slow at times I expected something that never arrived
I didn't like it that much. Saving Private Ryan it was not.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Big Eyes, good enough ratings for our taste!

Has anyone seen Whiplash? I REALLY wanted to get that one, but it was out.

dork

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just finished watching Black Sea. I thought it was really good. Definitely worth renting or streaming.

dork

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Machine Gun Preacher
Really had an effect on me. I spent a few months working in Nigeria. One of the local children kept showing me pictures of what the Boko Haram had done to his family. The film is based on a true story.

Last edited:

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've hear about "The Machine Gun Preacher" from some of my other friends and seeing it mentioned here , will probably lead to me watching it later. I hope it is as good or even better than "Blood Diamond"

VU Sponsors