Become a Patron!

MVP Button Issue

pertree

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi all. I have an original itaste mvp that I loved but began using as a backup after getting a DNA 30. Not long ago the button came off in my hand. After examining, it seem it broke apart from a piece that remains in the box. I don't yet have a torx type screwdriver small enough to get the box open, and not sure if it would even be repairable. Tried the scotch tape a few times but gets sticky fairly quickly. Anyone else encountered this or know of a fix? Can the button be purchased?

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did the same thing to my iTaste vv (I think they have the same button). Getting it open was really difficult and I ended up pretty much ruining the casing. I don't know if the MVP is easier to open, but I would recommend not doing it if you don't have to. I ultimately just set the button in there loosely and wrapped electrical tape around the top and bottom of the button to hold it in. Also, underneath the top plastic button are some really small, but critical components that are easy to lose (a piece of mine fell into my device, hence why I had to open it up). My fix worked for a few weeks, but eventually I lost the small pieces for good. I think the damage I did to the casing made it more difficult to keep everything in place. Good luck!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pertree. Many users report it can be a pita to fit a new button and put it back together. The button can be pushed in from the outside, and without any dismantling if nothing inside needs to be repaired with a little savvy. Youtube will show you some examples of dismantling and reassembling it. However, this thread on AAEC shows plenty of photos and instructions to dismantle it. Personally I'd use some ingenuity and mod a new button. Just ensure it's made from material which can take any possible heat
http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/16289

Edit: I thought I'd add this vid for you. It might give you a bit of extra insight.

Last edited:

pertree

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know if a new replacement button can be bought, and if so, where?

VU Sponsors