Become a Patron!

My experience with reducing nicotine

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping since 2013. I have been on highish nicotine levels for most of that time.

Recent regulations type stuff inspired me to try to lower my consumption.

A couple of months ago, I tried lowering from 50mg nicotine and 9mg WTA to 45/9. This appeared to go OK.

Last mixing session I again dropped approximately 5% of my previous. So down to 40mg and 9mg WTA.

I have had no cravings. My ml per day remained fairly steady.

I have been increasingly grumpy though. Which is also partly explained by brain cooties.

But I tried going back up to 45/9 and admittedly I do feel better. Calmer and less ruminating.

Too early to tell. But I will monitor it over time and gauge as I go.

Anyway, just in case anyone is interested.

I vape at 50 watts, if that is relevant too.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You know, on the Nic level thing - I believe with all my heart you should vape at whatever level keeps you happy and off the smokes - end of story

While there is nothing wrong with wanting to get lower Nic levels - especially if you live under harsh regulations - I really see nothing wrong with using nicotine and there are a lot of proven benefits to it

Vape on Dogman :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape what you need and supplied for...

If it’s less, do it cause you eventually want to kick the addiction.

If it’s more, cool. If it’s where you like, cool.

I slowly reduced, but not due to deeming regs... I wanted to rid nicotine addiction... long journey thus far, but it’s in sight.

1.5mg is where my mixes are at now, besides a 120 I have at 9mg for my out and about vaping, and then I might take 2-4 toots over 6hrs with the wife when we go wander the coast.

I started at 18+

I think you may just tapered faster than your body adjusted.

Imo with the amount of nic in your mixes, 5% might of been to steep and to soon.

I dropped from 6 to 3 over the course of 18 months and it wasn’t 6 to 3, it was a 500 of 6, then 500ml of 5, then 500 of 4.5 lol

The drop from 3 to 1.5 wasn’t to bad I mixed a few 2% and couldn’t tell, the amount I vaped was within margin.

Anyway, do you, be rad, vape on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors