c27aaaf95b0c7bf7223e7ee57fa3339b.jpg
7519bf74bb428f021368cccad3ca0e17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks buddy I think I'm going to try a different build tonight, the vape production is perfect but the flavor just isn't where I want it yet.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I find my organic cotton I'm going to build my second deck (the first deck I used some cartomizer padding that melted a bit...not good)... Seems I don't get around to doing what I plan to do until much later...

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just tried the cotton bacon stuff and it's alright but I still prefer the Japanese organic cotton my mini came with.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally found my cotton in the box with some premade microcoils, built them onto my Atty clone, reads 0.6 ohms. I'm carefully vaping at 9 watts. No explosion yet...

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congrats...more power shuold give you more flavor possibly...sometimes less power will also however...play with wattage...if someone can get amazing flavor with a 1.8 ohm coil on 8 watts, you can with .4 ohm...lower ohms isnt always the answer.

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya but I had a .8 ohm coil on my mech and it would take a while to heat up and smoke but I switched it out with a .4 ohm witch I meant it to be a .5 but it's smoking really well. The lower ohm just heats up quicker.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of experimentation involved in this. Just got my Magma clone (supposed to be an Infinite but it wasn't so I get a $10 refund and keep the clone (paid $17)...so, now I can practice a build on this RDA (with Ni200 28 guage)...

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice..I love building with 24 gauge.
Usually Ill do dual coils at 6wraps, which gets me to about .2, always good vapor production without killing the flavor but if I want more flavor and less vapor I go the 7wrap route.

When I first started building I was using 26g. I thought it bent to easily and I didnt have a torch so I just went on to 24g, love it.

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started I was told not to go below 0.5ohm yet everyone on here well most of you vape below 0.3 what am I missing here.

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you watch you battery power and vape comfortably?

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started I was told not to go below 0.5ohm yet everyone on here well most of you vape below 0.3 what am I missing here.

Its important to know what your batteries can put out. How many amps for starters.

Example. Say my batteries put out 20 amps, Id wanna stay at about 15 -17 amps to be safe. Anything over 20 is gonna be a problem. The lower the build, the higher the amp output.

Download an Ohms Law calculator and put your battery info in it and mess around with the numbers so you understand it, Ohms Law is important.

Also Download Vapors Toolbox and check out Steam Engine. They are for coil building and predetermining what a build will come out to, ohm wise.

VU Sponsors