Become a Patron!

My Review of the Aegis Legend kit by Geekvape

Spratt

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Geekvape for the purpose of this review. The review is based on the device I got, but not all the devices may be the same due to the margin of error or poor quality control.

Aegis Legend Kit by Geekvape is the new version of the Aegis Kit. The mod is presented as waterproof, shock resistant and dustproof. It comes with the Aero Mesh tank that uses 0.2ohm Mesh X1 coil or the 0.15ohm coils.

Album of Pictures

Specs and Features:

· Height: 135.5mm

· Length: 58.5mm

· Width: 30.6mm

· E-liquid capacity: 5ml

· X2 18650 batteries

· Max W output: 200W

· Shock resistant; dustproof; waterproof

· Colored OLED display

Kit Content:

· Aegis Legend Mod

· Aero Mesh Tank

· 0.15ohm coil head

· 0.2ohm mesh coil head (pre-installed)

· USB Cable

· Spare glass tube

· Spare o-rings/covers for the mod

· User manual

Aesthetics:

The Aegis Legend kit is a pretty heavy and bulky device. I received the black and green version, and for me, it looks normal, not beautiful, but not ugly. The ornaments on the Aero Mesh tank match the green color of the mod. Starting from the top, the Aero Mesh tank uses a pretty thick, black 810 drip tip, and the top cap is also black. The glass tube is transparent, and it’s bubbly, so it fits 5ml of liquid. The airflow is kidney shaped and it proved as being enough for the coils, in order to deliver a suitable vaping experience. Now onto the mod. On top of it, there is the 510 connector, and the USB port covered by a rubber cover that plugs into the holes on the sides of the USB port. Unfortunately, this cover didn’t even last 4 days as I broke it and the part that holds it there was stuck, and I couldn’t manage to get it off to install a new one provided in the package. Below the cover is the big fire button, that can be easier pressed on the lower side of it than on the upper side. It was uncomfortable for me to press it. Below is the Colored display and under it the +/- regulatory buttons. The mod is rubber-ish, with some metal implants, that in my case were green, and some kind of black leather on the sides and on the back. On the green metal plates, there were engraved the Geekvape name and on the other side the Aegis name. The whole front part of the mod where the buttons and the screen are located was covered by a transparent cover that I immediately took off. The battery cover is on the back of the mod, along with some venting holes. In order to take the batteries off, or install them you had to push the metal lock, and it popped open. Sometimes it was tricky to put the cover back as the lock didn’t install properly.

Aero Mesh Performance:

The Aero Mesh tank included in this kit can be considered as a basic add for the mod, but in my opinion, it cannot match the mod. It provided plenty of airflow, it was pretty easy to refill, but performance wise it didn’t impress me. As said above, it uses an 810 drip tip, and in order to refill, you just have to turn it a little and it locks off. There are 2 kidney shaped holes for refilling that can accommodate bigger bottles. The 5ml capacity is nice considering that the tank with both coils consumes a lot of juice. I didn’t have problems with leaking with either coil. First, I used the 0.2ohm pre-installed mesh coil. I preferred it at 75W, as it provided pretty good flavor and matching clouds. This coil lasted me 12 days, and I used around 50ml of liquid with it. The second coil was more cloud-oriented than the first one. I’m talking about the 0.15ohm quad-core coil head, that I mostly used at 65W. This one lasted 10 days and it burned through around 35-40ml of liquid. The airflow is nice, as it provided enough air for both coils, and I mostly used it at 75% open. I must mention, the airflow was noisy, but it can be different, depending on how hard is your draw.

Aegis Legend Performance:

The Aegis Legend mod is a beast, it’s big, bulky, and it's supposedly shock resistant, waterproof and dustproof. Yes, it did fell from my car a couple of times, and I did ''accidentally’’ dropped it off a couple of times. There were some visual damages on the battery cover and the top of the mod, but nothing that impaired its performance. Though, I do not suggest you try and do the same. Dustproof was off the table after the first few days, as the USB rubber cover broke, and so was the waterproof. Now onto the 510 connector. I had no problem using different atomizers on it, including the Zeus Dual, Siren V2 both 24mm and 22mm, the Ammit MTL RDA or the Freemax Mesh Pro. While charging via USB the mod tried to balance the batteries, and it did a pretty good job, but I still liked to charge the batteries through my Nitecore. The screen is pretty bright and can be easily read even during sunny days. The buttons are clicky, but I didn’t notice any rattle. The regulatory +/- buttons had a slight play. As mentioned above, I had some problems closing the battery lid, and sometimes when it seemed closed and I put the mode in normal position it would just open and my batteries would fall down. The mod uses 2 18650 batteries. It does VW, TC (SS, Ni, Ti), TCR, Bypass and VPC. In VW mode, using the Aero Mesh tank with both coils (as stated above ~75W and ~65W) I could get a day and a half battery life. When using MTL atomizers, I could use it for 2 and a half, maybe 3 full days. This was AFTER the firmware update. Before it, I could barely use it one day with the Aero Mesh and 2 days with the MTL atomizers. In TC mode, I used a round wire SS coil in the Siren V2 22mm and it worked fine, but with more complex wire, like an SS clapton or fused clapton, it didn’t work as expected. The VPC mode, which is basically adjusted power curve mode I used a lot with the Zeus Dual RTA, and it worked as supposed.

Pros:

· VW seems consistent (i didn’t test it with specialized devices, just based on the feel)

· VPC Mode

· Well built, except for the USB rubber plug

· Battery life (subjective, people vape at different settings with different setups)

· Easy to refill

· Enough airflow

Cons:

· Rubber plug broke after few days

· Battery life improves AFTER firmware update

· TC performance

Conclusion:

The Aegis Legend kit by Geekvape is ultimately a beast. While I enjoyed the mod in VW and VPC mode, TC isn’t as good as expected. The Aero Mesh tank didn’t impress me, as there are better options out there if you are looking for Mesh tanks. Overall, the Aegis Legend kit is durable, works in VW and VPC mode, and it comes with the Aero Mesh tank that in my opinion should be switched to something better, or maybe a Rebuildable Atomizer as this is Geekvape we are talking about.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors