Become a Patron!

My tank is stuck on my mod!!

Hi guys. I have a SMOK AL85 (baby alien) with a baby beast on it. The base seems to be stuck on my mod. The glass part and up comes off fine, but the coil and base where the airflow stuff is stuck!! It vapes 100% fine, the mod reads the coil easily and vapes really well, but for the life of me I cannot get it off. Please help

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Remove the glass from the tank, screw back in the top piece, now your coil head and coil should be connected to the base again. As stated above, either grab some kitchen glove, wear them, grab the base off the tank and give it a good tuck. If you have no gloves or vaping tweezers, turn off the mod.

Grab a stainless steel nail file, or small thin screwdriver, the little tools you get with every IKEA purchase etc. Anything that's robust and thin/small will do. Now look at the airflow of your tank at the bottom, and slide whatever object you picked through the coil (the little metal slit you can see at the bottom) and get some leverage at the edge of the airflow itself. That will open it without any issues, be advise that the paint of your tank might chip, but at least it won't be stuck to the mod any longer lol

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Small vice grips or channel locks

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remove everything but the base, including the coil. If you have a small enough screwdriver - like one from a precision set - run it through the open AFC to the other side and unscrew it with the screwdriver for leverage. I've done that, it's a pain in the arse. Clean all your contacts with alcohol before you put it back on.

Remove everything but the base, including the coil. If you have a small enough screwdriver - like one from a precision set - run it through the open AFC to the other side and unscrew it with the screwdriver for leverage. I've done that, it's a pain in the arse. Clean all your contacts with alcohol before you put it back on.
Coil is stuck in there

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow...rubber gloves or one of those grippy pads, like a jar opener might work then. With the AFC open, there's still a gap big enough for a small-shafted screwdriver, if you have one. I just looked at my baby tank to be sure.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Ok I will try. It is hard though because it is a small mod and the battery cap is right beside the tank.
Take off the battery cap and take out the battery to give you more space to do as Teresa suggested with a very small screwdriver or allen wrench thru the bottom air hole vents of the tank for leverage and twist! Just take your time- it will come off this way!
Next time make sure your tank isn't on so tight- after every refill just make sure the tank is loosened up, back it off a tad, just filling the tank seems to tighten the tank onto the mod.
Once the tank is off the mod- use vice grips to get the coil out- again- don't tighten down so hard next time.

Ok guys, big update. I found out why my tank is stuck. Juice has gotten under the tank, and I screwed it on tight and it has dried out. I've gotten the coil out, (which has been my main goal throughout this issue) but I'd like to have this tank off because it is stressing me out at this point. Atleast I now know it's not the threads. How would I deal with this? Putting my mod in the freezer? Please help me.

VU Sponsors