Become a Patron!

Nautilus GT - leaks or not ? Pictures.

Hi all,

I hope you can clear this out for me.
As seen from the image, is this normal or not, to have that much liquid above the filler? The top cap is well placed. Everything else is tightly fixed.20210304_012757.jpg20210304_012841.jpg

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi all,

I hope you can clear this out for me.
As seen from the image, is this normal or not, to have that much liquid above the filler? The top cap is well placed. Everything else is tightly fixed.

What image?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The design looks like juice will get in that area you're talking about.
Here's how the cap, and ultem chimney that fits down into the coil look.
That seal around the top of the tank keeps it from leaking where the cap screws on. When closed juice can get above the fill ports but it still doesn't leak into the coil because of the seals on the ultem chimney.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My guess is he overfilled it.

Man, he'd really hate the Conqueror RTA then...teehee.

(I love the Conqueror, own like three of 'em, but they are an acquired taste much like the Taifuns and their siblings)

Calling @nadalama - she has a lot of Nautilus and would know better than I.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The design looks like juice will get in that area you're talking about.
Here's how the cap, and ultem chimney that fits down into the coil look.
That seal around the top of the tank keeps it from leaking where the cap screws on. When closed juice can get above the fill ports but it still doesn't leak into the coil because of the seals on the ultem chimney.

Think I'm seeing and understanding you right. It's okay for the juice to be up in that area. The juice will get to the wick of the coil but not leak out through the bottom from the pressure of the seals. Hope I'm observing all that correctly.

Seems that might be what's going on. Will apologize here I'm an RDA type of person. Got away from tanks when I tried T-Dux 4. It was enough for me to show what that general design offered. Nope, not my cup of tea.

Thank you for your input guys !

Overfilling issue: Personally i don't think so, i always leave a considerable amount of space between the juice level and that filler part. So as you said, i'm thinking it's okay for the juice to be in that area

1. Flood issue: The other big concern that i have is that everytime i refill the tank, it's gurgling like crazy when i fire it, and sometimes even floods the coil and leaks into the base, eventually seeing some liquid running throught the air holes. Obviously i will have to take all out, clean, try to dry clean the coil as well as much as possible.

2. Flavor/Coil issue: On the 1.6 coil on my Nautilus GT compared to 0.7 (not mesh) on my Nautilus 2, 2 holes open, 18W, flavor is amazing and TH is also great. I just can't seem to adjust it at the correct level so i can enjoy it as much as i enjoyed my Nautilus 2. I have the same issues whether i use other liquid, tobacco or fruity. Sometimes i take not dry hits, but really plain ones, with industrial taste, something weird, but not burned. Sometimes it settles back to a good flavor, and then the weird taste cames back. I'm not chain vaping it.

My setup is: I use almost 60/40 VG/PG, 6 mg of nicotine in a simple flavoured tabacco e-juice, with the Nautilus BVC 1.6 ohm coil, 10-11W, 1.5mm air hole. I'm not interested in DTL, only MTL.

I'm writing all these details because everywhere i looked on the internet, there's simply nothing to be found in detail, and i want others to see them and maybe give their feedbacks as well.
Pardon my english, i'm actually romanian.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Man, he'd really hate the Conqueror RTA then...teehee.

(I love the Conqueror, own like three of 'em, but they are an acquired taste much like the Taifuns and their siblings)

Calling @nadalama - she has a lot of Nautilus and would know better than I.

Thanks @CaFF. I actually just got a Nautilus GT and I'm running the 0.7 ohm coil in it.

There are a couple of things I do with ALL my tanks, because I'd rather be beaten with a stick than to get eliquid on my hands from a damn leaking tank.

ALWAYS ALWAYS close the airflow before you take the top off the tank to refill. Fill it, put the top back on, turn it upside down and let the liquid run to the bottom, and then open the airflow. Wait just a few seconds, then slowly turn the tank right-side up and put it back on the mod. If the coil is new, you should have put enough eliquid on it to prime it BEFORE you put it in the tank, so that as soon as you turn the thing right-side up again, you can vape on it to set the vacuum. Take at least 5 to 8 hits off the tank before you set it down. This works for me without fail on every tank I have, and I must have a hundred of them, all different kinds.

Next, if the tank is flooded and gurgling, you don't necessarily have to take it apart and clean it. Do the paper towel trick. Get a paper towel or two, hold them in your hand and wrap your hand loosely around the part of the tank where the airflow holes are. Tilt the mod up toward the ceiling and blow INTO the drip tip. All that excess juice that's in the coil and the airflow channels will come out onto the paper towel. Don't blow super hard, but do it a few times until liquid stops coming out.

However, if you do trick #1 without fail, every time, you should very rarely have to do trick #2.

I think the Nautilus GT is the best tank Aspire has ever produced, and I'm looking forward to using mine for a very long time. I absolutely love it for restricted DL vaping.

Thank you Nadalama.

I changed my 1.6 to 0.7 and it doesn't flood or gurgle anymore. I haven't primed it neither or closed the airflow, instead i left it for 10 minutes then i vaped it at 18W and it was fine. Do note it flooded and had issues with all my 1.6s, 3 of them. Changed it to .7 and suddenly all is well... and i can vape it with 2 holes only, restrictive, mtl, great flavour.
I just don't understand why it happened with the 1.6..and why was the flavour so plain when it actually worked.

I have the .7, same 18w, same liquid 60/40 on my Nautilus 2 as well and somehow...it's more pleasant to vape. Weird.

One more question: how big is the distance between the base and the thing that comes on top of your coil ? From the image below, i placed my coil tight (not very tight). Is this fine the way it is? I saw some pictures where the coil is basically hidden.
20210304_180346.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Are we talking about the same kind of tank? Mine doesn't have that space at all.

Mine looks exactly like this:

1614895594665.png

Yes sir, got it on a kit, Nautilus GT, tank designed by Taifun, 3 ml. Did i got a fake or faulty one ? I actually bought it from a respectable vape shop here in my country.
If that's the case and the coil shouldn't be visible, then it explains the loads of liquid above the filler (see 1st post picture - curious to see how yours show).
If someone else has the GT, please share your thoughts as well, i'm really frustrated with this tank so far and i just hope i got unlucky and picked the faulty one..
20210305_010832.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I cannot see the actual coil at all. What I see is a chimney (the coil is inside it) that has a couple of very tiny holes in it for juice to reach the coil.

I also don't have that metal piece that goes across the glass, right beneath where you can see the cotton in the coil on yours - nothing obstructs any of the glass on mine.

Yeah, i'm just gonna take it back to the shop tomorrow...
Way too many bad signs with this one.
Thank you Nadalama for sharing your thoughts !
Thank you all !

Later Edit: My tank was bad, like reaally bad. Changed it with another tank only and kept the mod. Works wonders with 1.6 and 0.7. No leaking. No nothing. Great flavour and air.

Last edited:
Thanks @CaFF. I actually just got a Nautilus GT and I'm running the 0.7 ohm coil in it.

There are a couple of things I do with ALL my tanks, because I'd rather be beaten with a stick than to get eliquid on my hands from a damn leaking tank.

ALWAYS ALWAYS close the airflow before you take the top off the tank to refill. Fill it, put the top back on, turn it upside down and let the liquid run to the bottom, and then open the airflow. Wait just a few seconds, then slowly turn the tank right-side up and put it back on the mod. If the coil is new, you should have put enough eliquid on it to prime it BEFORE you put it in the tank, so that as soon as you turn the thing right-side up again, you can vape on it to set the vacuum. Take at least 5 to 8 hits off the tank before you set it down. This works for me without fail on every tank I have, and I must have a hundred of them, all different kinds.

Next, if the tank is flooded and gurgling, you don't necessarily have to take it apart and clean it. Do the paper towel trick. Get a paper towel or two, hold them in your hand and wrap your hand loosely around the part of the tank where the airflow holes are. Tilt the mod up toward the ceiling and blow INTO the drip tip. All that excess juice that's in the coil and the airflow channels will come out onto the paper towel. Don't blow super hard, but do it a few times until liquid stops coming out.

However, if you do trick #1 without fail, every time, you should very rarely have to do trick #2.

I think the Nautilus GT is the best tank Aspire has ever produced, and I'm looking forward to using mine for a very long time. I absolutely love it for restricted DL vaping.
Hi there,
Please forgive me as I’m new here!
Have had SO many problems with devices leaking that I’m at my wit’s end and close to just buying cigarettes - they don’t leak do they! Been vaping for must be nearly 10 years now so to go back to analog smoking would be crazy now, but had just about enough of these leaking traumas now.
I’ve tried many many different devices over the years(please excuse me I don’t know ALL of the jargon) and one of the best I had was an ASPIRE K3 tank - back in the day before all this tpd rubbish you used to be able to get a huge tank version and a fill up would last ages, however with these max 2ml regulations it’s a nightmare, constant fill ups means more device fiddling which causes more issues as seals/threads fail/weaken etc over time.
Finally thought I’d found my perfect setup with an ASPIRE ZELOS 3 mod with the NAUTILUS 3 tank, until the thing started to leak and drive me mad so have gone through several tanks - all with the same problems. I ALWAYS take great care with them, but the leaks continue.
Your post was really helpful advice which I will try to follow to the letter from now on.
I’m not into sub-ohm vaping as I suffer anxiety attacks and anything too powerful gets my heart pounding, so I am just using the NAUTILUS 3 tank with the 1.0ohm mesh coils because the flavour is fantastic, and I ALWAYS make sure the wattage is right in the middle of the recommended range. I did try an INNOKIN ZLIDE TOP tank because the airflow is at the top it’s supposed to be less prone to leaks(and it still hasn’t leaked once)but have tried a few different coils and the flavour is NOTHING compared to my nautilus 3.
Had heard about the NAUTILUS GT tank and just got one and fitted the 4.2psu ‘glass’ to it. It takes my favourite 1.0ohm mesh coils and the flavour is great. But now even this has started to leak and I’m totally frustrated!
I use only low strength nicotine 50/50 liquid, I’m not into all this nic salts/shortfill business, I just want the simplest/mildest stuff possible.

Sorry for the long rant but as I said I’m new here and as I’ve seen others post on here there doesn’t seem to be any youtube videos or online articles regarding these NAUTILUS issues.
Please please please is there something fundamental that I’m doing wrong? As every device I try starts leaking and have tried many different ones. Are ASPIRE just not good devices?
The INNOKIN I’ve got doesn’t leak at all but the flavour is nonexistent.
Any help or advice would be SO greatly appreciated.
Thankyou in advance
Jamie 👍

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi there,
Please forgive me as I’m new here!
Have had SO many problems with devices leaking that I’m at my wit’s end and close to just buying cigarettes - they don’t leak do they! Been vaping for must be nearly 10 years now so to go back to analog smoking would be crazy now, but had just about enough of these leaking traumas now.
I’ve tried many many different devices over the years(please excuse me I don’t know ALL of the jargon) and one of the best I had was an ASPIRE K3 tank - back in the day before all this tpd rubbish you used to be able to get a huge tank version and a fill up would last ages, however with these max 2ml regulations it’s a nightmare, constant fill ups means more device fiddling which causes more issues as seals/threads fail/weaken etc over time.
Finally thought I’d found my perfect setup with an ASPIRE ZELOS 3 mod with the NAUTILUS 3 tank, until the thing started to leak and drive me mad so have gone through several tanks - all with the same problems. I ALWAYS take great care with them, but the leaks continue.
Your post was really helpful advice which I will try to follow to the letter from now on.
I’m not into sub-ohm vaping as I suffer anxiety attacks and anything too powerful gets my heart pounding, so I am just using the NAUTILUS 3 tank with the 1.0ohm mesh coils because the flavour is fantastic, and I ALWAYS make sure the wattage is right in the middle of the recommended range. I did try an INNOKIN ZLIDE TOP tank because the airflow is at the top it’s supposed to be less prone to leaks(and it still hasn’t leaked once)but have tried a few different coils and the flavour is NOTHING compared to my nautilus 3.
Had heard about the NAUTILUS GT tank and just got one and fitted the 4.2psu ‘glass’ to it. It takes my favourite 1.0ohm mesh coils and the flavour is great. But now even this has started to leak and I’m totally frustrated!
I use only low strength nicotine 50/50 liquid, I’m not into all this nic salts/shortfill business, I just want the simplest/mildest stuff possible.

Sorry for the long rant but as I said I’m new here and as I’ve seen others post on here there doesn’t seem to be any youtube videos or online articles regarding these NAUTILUS issues.
Please please please is there something fundamental that I’m doing wrong? As every device I try starts leaking and have tried many different ones. Are ASPIRE just not good devices?
The INNOKIN I’ve got doesn’t leak at all but the flavour is nonexistent.
Any help or advice would be SO greatly appreciated.
Thankyou in advance
Jamie 👍

First, I think you might want to watch Mr. Todd's review of the Aspire Nautilus GT tank.

Mr. Todd usually does a really fair review of products, offering the pros and cons of them. He'll explain if there are issues and likely ways to fix, or avoid those. In this review, he obviously sees no issues with the tank.

Here's what some deem a "bang on" solution for leaking tanks. I can agree with him, it's a simple plumbing issue. Teflon tape is cheap and effective.

In fairness and full disclosure, I don't use tanks. Stopped using them quite a long while ago. Leaking was not really an issue, which led to my getting away from tanks. I tried an RDA and got seduced by the vapor, flavor of an RDA. Didn't see any need to keep using tanks.

Many tanks do not offer a rebuilding option as far as coils, or you fight having to make micro-coils. Those were big turn-offs for me. Suffer arthritis, gout at times, I'm 'wired' different and at times have nerve issues fouling up any dexterity I have.

RDAs let you wrap up macro-coils and just pop them into place and vape. Although I've used some RDAs that are real pains to 'build' on.

Last edited:
Thankyou MyMagicMist for the response.
I’ve already watched the second video regarding using teflon tape, as I bought some and have tried using it to no avail - however, teflon tape (being for use on threaded pipe joints) doesn’t work in my particular application problem as the ASPIRE NAUTILUS 3 coils are push fit, not screw in - hence my purchase of the NAUTILUS GT tank as the coils in this do screw in and thought this would possibly help stop it leaking, but sadly not.
I will watch Mr Todd’s review you suggested and see if there’s any help there.

Thankyou so much again for your response
Jamie

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thankyou MyMagicMist for the response.
I’ve already watched the second video regarding using teflon tape, as I bought some and have tried using it to no avail - however, teflon tape (being for use on threaded pipe joints) doesn’t work in my particular application problem as the ASPIRE NAUTILUS 3 coils are push fit, not screw in - hence my purchase of the NAUTILUS GT tank as the coils in this do screw in and thought this would possibly help stop it leaking, but sadly not.
I will watch Mr Todd’s review you suggested and see if there’s any help there.

Thankyou so much again for your response
Jamie

Hmm. Sounds like you might want to invest in some O-rings.

1698317078695.png
Seems that right around the bottom end of the Nautilus X coil 'assembly' there is and/or should be space for an O-ring to slip onto it. Ignoring what looks to be screw threading on both top and bottom. You say they're press fit, why would you say it if not so? Maybe the image I chose simply makes it seem there's threading. *shrug* It happens.

At the bottom there's a taupe colored section, then what seems a white section. I would think the white might be an O-ring. Something you want to try is getting all the tank's and coil's O-rings wet with juice before installing the coil. Often there may be microscopic debris is some of the fitting areas. Adding a lubricant such as e-juice in this case might help break that debris away, or settle it to provide a more positive seal.

Yes, I am 'spitballing' at troubleshooting. If I did it professionally, I would already have one of the tanks, several various coil 'assemblies' in hand and be working through all kinds of possibilities. I do clean professionally, but a public school building. Vaping is a hobby, but one which I'm sure is helping myself and others.

Dislike leaving problems unsolved, unresolved. Prefer offering a solution, as we all come from some kind of water, it being the universal solution.

Looked at this thread to see if the idea of press fit I had was correct, too. It was, figured, you just crammed parts together and hoped for a seal. D'uh, that's exactly what it seems to be.

That's why I'm suggesting trying O-rings. The rings will hopefully not bunch, yet provide a means to tighten the fit. Rubber will expand to seal up the gapping between the assembly and the tank deck. With any luck, that'll also give you positive vacuum pressure. Both combined would seem to amalgamate a solution, stop the leaking.

Understand you say coil, I'm saying assembly. What you're speaking about is a unit, a housing that contains the coil itself. That housing gets assembled, ergo I call it an assembly. The coil to me is inside the assembly.

1698318671610.jpeg

The twisted wire glowing red-hot orange above is what I think seeing the word coil. I might even see something like below, which, if I'm correct, is what is called a pancake, or stove top coil.

1698318819981.jpeg

My point is I see the wire itself, wrapped in some way to make a spring / coil, when someone writes coil. Yes, I know those in assemblies are coils as well. A distinction though is present.

Coil assemblies are another reason I left tanks. It seemed every manufacture and their brother decided to 'specialize', via creating their own 'in house only' products. So you would buy Tank X and hope to use it with any coils made by any company, hopefully cheaper than what the company making Tank X retailed them. "Sorry, buddy, Tank X takes only Company X brand coils."

I loath proprietary stuff because you get screwed no matter what by it. Say the company makes a goof and the coils all twist the wrong way, leading to exploding batteries? Yep, sorry about your luck, you still need coils. Maybe the company just up stops making coils for Tank X? A year later, you're stuck when you run out.

No, that was not my path. I'm sure there's good companies out there, as well as good products. The 'bad apples' spoil it for me, though. I might suggest you look at a Fireluke tank. I've seen a lot of good words about them, from vapers I know and trust. Going to something new is likely your last resort, though.

I need digital hands. I could work on your tank right there, I could manipulate it and work it. That's always the rub of it, too. We can only offer so much help, limited by text, pictures, videos.

Hmm. Sounds like you might want to invest in some O-rings.

View attachment 209838
Seems that right around the bottom end of the Nautilus X coil 'assembly' there is and/or should be space for an O-ring to slip onto it. Ignoring what looks to be screw threading on both top and bottom. You say they're press fit, why would you say it if not so? Maybe the image I chose simply makes it seem there's threading. *shrug* It happens.

At the bottom there's a taupe colored section, then what seems a white section. I would think the white might be an O-ring. Something you want to try is getting all the tank's and coil's O-rings wet with juice before installing the coil. Often there may be microscopic debris is some of the fitting areas. Adding a lubricant such as e-juice in this case might help break that debris away, or settle it to provide a more positive seal.

Yes, I am 'spitballing' at troubleshooting. If I did it professionally, I would already have one of the tanks, several various coil 'assemblies' in hand and be working through all kinds of possibilities. I do clean professionally, but a public school building. Vaping is a hobby, but one which I'm sure is helping myself and others.

Dislike leaving problems unsolved, unresolved. Prefer offering a solution, as we all come from some kind of water, it being the universal solution.

Looked at this thread to see if the idea of press fit I had was correct, too. It was, figured, you just crammed parts together and hoped for a seal. D'uh, that's exactly what it seems to be.

That's why I'm suggesting trying O-rings. The rings will hopefully not bunch, yet provide a means to tighten the fit. Rubber will expand to seal up the gapping between the assembly and the tank deck. With any luck, that'll also give you positive vacuum pressure. Both combined would seem to amalgamate a solution, stop the leaking.

Understand you say coil, I'm saying assembly. What you're speaking about is a unit, a housing that contains the coil itself. That housing gets assembled, ergo I call it an assembly. The coil to me is inside the assembly.

View attachment 209846

The twisted wire glowing red-hot orange above is what I think seeing the word coil. I might even see something like below, which, if I'm correct, is what is called a pancake, or stove top coil.

View attachment 209847

My point is I see the wire itself, wrapped in some way to make a spring / coil, when someone writes coil. Yes, I know those in assemblies are coils as well. A distinction though is present.

Coil assemblies are another reason I left tanks. It seemed every manufacture and their brother decided to 'specialize', via creating their own 'in house only' products. So you would buy Tank X and hope to use it with any coils made by any company, hopefully cheaper than what the company making Tank X retailed them. "Sorry, buddy, Tank X takes only Company X brand coils."

I loath proprietary stuff because you get screwed no matter what by it. Say the company makes a goof and the coils all twist the wrong way, leading to exploding batteries? Yep, sorry about your luck, you still need coils. Maybe the company just up stops making coils for Tank X? A year later, you're stuck when you run out.

No, that was not my path. I'm sure there's good companies out there, as well as good products. The 'bad apples' spoil it for me, though. I might suggest you look at a Fireluke tank. I've seen a lot of good words about them, from vapers I know and trust. Going to something new is likely your last resort, though.

I need digital hands. I could work on your tank right there, I could manipulate it and work it. That's always the rub of it, too. We can only offer so much help, limited by text, pictures, videos.
Thanks for your post.
I will check out FIRELUKE to see if there’s a suitable tank to try, getting nowhere with the ASPIRE tanks!
Jamie

UPDATE; have looked at fireluke by freemax, and they are all sub-ohm devices that have to be run at 40 watts and upwards. The maximum I have ever used is 15 watts with 1ohm coil assemblies, the sub-ohm devices are too poweful for me sorry

Oh and the tank I have is NAUTILUS GT tank, it isn’t a NAUTILUS X tank. I tried to get one of those but they’re discontinued and nowhere has any of them left.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
UPDATE; have looked at fireluke by freemax, and they are all sub-ohm devices that have to be run at 40 watts and upwards. The maximum I have ever used is 15 watts with 1ohm coil assemblies, the sub-ohm devices are too poweful for me sorry

Oh and the tank I have is NAUTILUS GT tank, it isn’t a NAUTILUS X tank. I tried to get one of those but they’re discontinued and nowhere has any of them left.

I run a 0.30 to 0.50 sub-ohm coil at roughly 22 to 28 watts, using mechanical mods. Not saying take a leap you're not ready for or don't want. Merely illustrating, one can run low watts with sub-ohm. It does fine, by the by. :)

Yes, read, yours was a GT. A lot of times, some manufactures do make a 'standardized' coil assembly / tank deck. This lets them offer an illusion of having more on the market than they do, it also gives users a seeming 'pocket' of choice. The coil assemblies and tanks can 'interchange' as they 'make out'. I'll not say the companies are using 'bait and switch', because that's not what they are doing, ... exactly. I still think it is a bit of a 'sneaky' end run around having to actually innovate.

Users are still hamstrung with (Product X) from (Company X), yet it is "all brand new and improved". A clever way to keep profits coming in while not offering too much to the end users. There was a software company what created a text editor for graphic user interfaces, they left out the copy and paste function. Users had to pay a license fee to get it 'patched'. *shaking my head* Nope, no more using that company's software. Been on Linux for about twenty years now, before that Windows for twenty ... no more Microsoft for me.

I've seen likewise in Linux though. Think greed creeps into anything, except enough.

Hmm, give me or others a bit. I'm sure, between all of us here at VU, someone will find you a solution. We keep the real rocket scientists in the back, under lock and key. ;) :D :p

ETA: Ha! You're lucky I'm such a non-quitter.

You got Silver (SS) or Black over here.

Another in stock there.

Sourcemore has a limited stock.

Sitting here listening to Accept at Wacken back in 2017. Liked them before, think I'm in love now. :) Also realizing I need new full on speakers for computer and entertainment system. Headphones are great and all, but I think damn good metal needs to engulf you.

Last edited:

Hi nadalama,

Still following your advice about the procedure of tank filling, but there are a few things I need to ask

1. Do you have to remove the tank from the mod every time you fill it up?

2. How is it best to leave your device overnight?
Tank on mod or removed?
Tank right way up or upside down?
Empty liquid out or leave in?
Airflow closed or open?

3. Does the vacuum in the tank become lost after so long of non-use? (E.g. overnight)

any further advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m trying to narrow down my leaking issues by eliminating each possible cause!

Many thanks
Jamie

Thank you for your input guys !

Overfilling issue: Personally i don't think so, i always leave a considerable amount of space between the juice level and that filler part. So as you said, i'm thinking it's okay for the juice to be in that area

1. Flood issue: The other big concern that i have is that everytime i refill the tank, it's gurgling like crazy when i fire it, and sometimes even floods the coil and leaks into the base, eventually seeing some liquid running throught the air holes. Obviously i will have to take all out, clean, try to dry clean the coil as well as much as possible.

2. Flavor/Coil issue: On the 1.6 coil on my Nautilus GT compared to 0.7 (not mesh) on my Nautilus 2, 2 holes open, 18W, flavor is amazing and TH is also great. I just can't seem to adjust it at the correct level so i can enjoy it as much as i enjoyed my Nautilus 2. I have the same issues whether i use other liquid, tobacco or fruity. Sometimes i take not dry hits, but really plain ones, with industrial taste, something weird, but not burned. Sometimes it settles back to a good flavor, and then the weird taste cames back. I'm not chain vaping it.

My setup is: I use almost 60/40 VG/PG, 6 mg of nicotine in a simple flavoured tabacco e-juice, with the Nautilus BVC 1.6 ohm coil, 10-11W, 1.5mm air hole. I'm not interested in DTL, only MTL.

I'm writing all these details because everywhere i looked on the internet, there's simply nothing to be found in detail, and i want others to see them and maybe give their feedbacks as well.
Pardon my english, i'm actually romanian.
Hi Radonski,

Totally understand your problems.
Ive been using a NAUTILUS 3 tank with the 4ml glass fitted. I use the 1.0ohm mesh coils and the flavour is fantastic, but my tank leaks and its driving me mad. It isnt a huge leak, but enough so that after an hour or so when I pick it up to use, my hand is greasy from the e liquid. I cannot tell for sure where the leak is coming from - its either;
1: through the airflow hole on the ring at the base
2: from the join inbetween the glass and the base
3: through the 510 screw that screws into mod
Really puzzled, so
Heard good things about the NAUTILUS GT tank and managed to get hold of one, and the 4.2psu plastic extension that does away with the metal cage. Fitted it all together, primed a coil and fitted it, filled the tank and put it on my mod. Worked great for 30 mins or so, so then closed the airflow and put it down while I made my dinner. After this I picked it up and the e-liquid was literally POURING out at the bottom of the tank, it was sitting in a huge pool of the e-liquid so much so that the tank was almost empty.
I had to clean up all the liquid, took the tank completely to pieces and thoroughly cleaned everything and re-filled it. And still it is leaking - nowhere near as much but even more than my NAUTILUS 3 does.
Have recently joined vapingunderground in desperate search for advice/help/solutions.
Hope we can find some kind knowledgeable folks on here that can help us!

Please reply if you wish, I will help with any advice if I can!

Jamie

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had several Nautilus X tanks (and loved them... never leaked!) I also had a PockeX all in one (my first vape actually) Those both use the "U-tech" coils (and I'm guessing the GT does also) They have threads on top and bottom of coil. The problem is... they are not interchangable (even though they look so similar) And make sure the opening(s) are at the top of the coil (there is no opening(s) at the bottom) I really loved the 1.6 ohm coils for the Nautilus X but can't find them anymore (ran them at 12.5 watts) Anyway... are you sure you got the correct coils?

I had several Nautilus X tanks (and loved them... never leaked!) I also had a PockeX all in one (my first vape actually) Those both use the "U-tech" coils (and I'm guessing the GT does also) They have threads on top and bottom of coil. The problem is... they are not interchangable (even though they look so similar) And make sure the opening(s) are at the top of the coil (there is no opening(s) at the bottom) I really loved the 1.6 ohm coils for the Nautilus X but can't find them anymore (ran them at 12.5 watts) Anyway... are you sure you got the correct coils?
Hi VapeOn1960,
Thankyou for the reply. I tried to get a NAUTILUS X but couldn’t find any available. Have heard about the PockeX but haven’t tried one yet. I have the ZELOS 3 mod with the NAUTILUS 3 tank, and I absolutely love it - just wish I could stop it leaking, it’s driving me mad! I must be doing something stupidly obvious wrong somewhere, I hope somebody on here can help as there isn’t anything on youtube or internet(believe me Ive looked and looked and looked!) about this tank, and exactly how you should deal with it’s parts. I have 3 of them now, and Ive lost count of the number of times Ive taken them completely apart, cleaned them, dried the parts and put them back together only for them to leak after an hour or so. The kit comes with 2 coils - think a 0.7ohm mesh and a 1.8ohm bvc, the 0.7 says to run at too much wattage for me(I get anxiety attacks) and the 1.8 has virtually no flavour whatsoever. Used to have an ASPIRE FLEXUS BLOK(which also leaked!) which ran 1.0 mesh coils and the flavour was fantastic so because the NAUTILUS 3 is compatible with lots of coils thought Id try the 1.0 mesh coil and the flavour is great plus the recommended wattage is 10-15 which is fine for me. Just WISH I could find a way to stop it leaking!

There’s somebody on here I think called nadalama? Who apparently knows the NAUTILUS tanks very well and posted a method she uses whereby you close the airflow before filling the tank, fill it, turn it upside down and let the liquid run to the bottom, open the airflow and then turn it the right way up then take 5-8 hits to set the vacuum before putting it down.
I now do this every time I fill it up, but it STILL LEAKS! It’s not pouring out because the liquid in the tank doesn’t seem to drop at all - but must be very slowly running down the sides of the mod and making it greasy to pick up.

Just wish I knew precisely how to treat the tank(seals,glass,how to leave it when not in use etc)

Have you tried ebay for the coils youre looking for? Know theres some bad sellers on there but maybe worth a look.
Anyway, sorry to rant but Im determined to get to the bottom of my leaking tank traumas!

Jamie

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you tried ebay for the coils youre looking for? Know theres some bad sellers on there but maybe worth a look.
Tried that once... never again! Lot's of bad coils.
Hey, I watched the video someone posted. It seems I was mistaken (looks more like the original nautilus coils... not the U-tech coils)
Does your tank ever get really warm (like in a hot car or in your pocket)? That can cause issues.
Also, if the coil screws in, over/under tightening can cause issues.

Tried that once... never again! Lot's of bad coils.
Hey, I watched the video someone posted. It seems I was mistaken (looks more like the original nautilus coils... not the U-tech coils)
Does your tank ever get really warm (like in a hot car or in your pocket)? That can cause issues.
Also, if the coil screws in, over/under tightening can cause issues.
No, don’t leave it anywhere like that. And no the coils are just push fit - thats why I tried the nautilus GT tank because they do screw in on that, thought that would be better but no that leaks too!
Just waiting for a vaporesso gtx 18 tank to try, hopefully that’ll be a bit better 🤞

VU Sponsors