Become a Patron!

Need advice and help on my vape setup

maltese1997

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all! I am new to the forums and i really need help on this vape set up i want to buy. I'm looking for people who know what they're talking about and who can help me with my problems and makes sure what im getting is safe. Heres the list of what im going to buy: iPV D2 75w mod, CLT v3 mini by infinite (RDA), 80VG, 20PG juice for clouds/tricks, and 2 sony VTC5's 18650 batteries and obviously cotton and wire. Thats what i was going to buy tomorrow and i will be trying to do a 0.2-0.3 build and use it between 30w-75w with my D2. It will be 24 gauge wire as well with a dual coil build. I just want to make sure what I'm buying will be completely safe for me and will lead my expectations for getting clouds and tricks. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have experience with that RDA (I have a d2 and the tobh clone RDA on a vtc4 sony), but I have no problems running my dual twisted 26ga kanthal builds. It originally metered out to .2ohms and the d2 sometimes wouldn't fire it (it doesn't go below .2), made a few minor adjustments and the device is now reading .31 after using it for the past 2 weeks. I don't want to take the coil out is it working so well!

With that said, I doubt you will have any problems.

maltese1997

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have experience with that RDA (I have a d2 and the tobh clone RDA on a vtc4 sony), but I have no problems running my dual twisted 26ga kanthal builds. It originally metered out to .2ohms and the d2 sometimes wouldn't fire it (it doesn't go below .2), made a few minor adjustments and the device is now reading .31 after using it for the past 2 weeks. I don't want to take the coil out is it working so well!

With that said, I doubt you will have any problems.
Okay thanks and one more thing that has me worried is battery safety. Mine will be like i said sont vtc5 18650 3.7 volts 30 amps 2600mah. How long will the battery last before i need to swap out another? Also is there anything i need to be aware of so i dont blow up my face, thanks

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay thanks and one more thing that has me worried is battery safety. Mine will be like i said sont vtc5 18650 3.7 volts 30 amps 2600mah. How long will the battery last before i need to swap out another? Also is there anything i need to be aware of so i dont blow up my face, thanks
The VCT5 won't blow up in your face. You only have to worry about that with a mechanical mod. I can't tell you how long the battery will last in the mod. However, with low resistance builds, you'll need more power (higher Wattage). Therefore, it won't be long. You can blow big clouds with 0.5-0.7 Ohm builds as well. It's mainly what kind of build you do, in order to get big clouds.
I'd get the evic vtc mini, instead. With the new firmware upgrade (1.20, included in 1.10), it also goes up to 75W. In addition, you can run it in bypass mode, which basically makes it a mech mod.

If you want to run your coils up to 75 watt then you have to buy something that is 30% higher than this value. This way the stress for your mod will be lower and it will live longer
My 2 cents

maltese1997

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just ordered everything today and im hoping it meets my expectations. Now i need to think about a nice dual coil build between 0.2-4 omhs. Not sure what size to wrap around though

maltese1997

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to thank everyone every little bit helps alot. One last thing i have to think about is the iPVD2. I guess i have to set the temperature to room temperature or something as well as set everything else? Im going to be using watts not joules but does anything need to be configured on the device itself?

VU Sponsors