Become a Patron!

Need advice on a new mod

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only vape RDA/RDTA at this point

When I got into MOD's and ventured into Sub Ohm Vaping I was so excited to get my first RDA so I bought wire gathered a bunch of spare tools and set myself up to build. Now I have a bunch of RDA/RBA/RDTA's and 2 boxes of wire and exotic coils but I'd Rather Be Vaping and not building decks. Some can't decide on what MOD Kit to buy so lets confuse and complicate the decision with what Atomizer to buy~!

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was merely being humorous, difference of opinion makes for interesting conversation. I find that technical jargin is the most offputting in reguards to learning something new. Purchasing a cheap demon killer multypack etc gives a good array to experiment with and cotton is cheap. For me personally having something to do with my hands while coming of the stinkies helped alot and the hobby aspect of it also added to the distraction. I just found it was the technical jargin that led me to purchasing, to begin with things that will now never be used again gathering dust in the cupboard thus perpetuating the cycle of consumerism to a degree, plus flavour is what were all after and you really cant appreciate the full spectrum of any flavour and thus make an informed decision using a tank in my opinion. Again all subjective i suppose.
Apologies if my previous dismissive similies (in jest) caused offence.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was merely being humorous, difference of opinion makes for interesting conversation. I find that technical jargin is the most offputting in reguards to learning something new. Purchasing a cheap demon killer multypack etc gives a good array to experiment with and cotton is cheap. For me personally having something to do with my hands while coming of the stinkies helped alot and the hobby aspect of it also added to the distraction. I just found it was the technical jargin that led me to purchasing, to begin with things that will now never be used again gathering dust in the cupboard thus perpetuating the cycle of consumerism to a degree, plus flavour is what were all after and you really cant appreciate the full spectrum of any flavour and thus make an informed decision using a tank in my opinion. Again all subjective i suppose.
Apologies if my previous dismissive similies (in jest) caused offence.
Not offended at all my friend. Don't even worry about it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bought a VooPoo Drag Mini kit. Thanks for all the advice, building coils isn't for me at this point. I'm willing to pay extra for convenience lol

Do you have the other one you were looking at in the shopping cart waiting to click buy? :giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, no squonks or mechs. I like things simple. I might get the Aegis Legend or a Drag 2. I love the mini.
A friend of mine has the Aegis Legend. I like it a lot. Very well made the original is waterproof.

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice. drag 2's nice looking, good power, and slim lined. Poohoo to the nay sayers. To the nay sayers i say naaaaaaay. 177w is all youll need for whatever the application. "Chews straw"

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do highly recommend an rda though. The dead rabbit rta its single coil and hellvape is a great all rounder, and you can buy prebuilt coils. I suggest fused claptons. For rather cheap they require a little teensy bit of maintenance after long periods but the flavour makes all worth the effort happy vaping.

IronSky

Cereal Vapist
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Nice. drag 2's nice looking, good power, and slim lined. Poohoo to the nay sayers. To the nay sayers i say naaaaaaay. 177w is all youll need for whatever the application. "Chews straw"
Not sure I will ever need to vape anywhere close to 177w, much less higher than that. I usually run at 80w with the mesh coils I use.

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you ever lower your ohms real low you will need the extra power i comfortably vaped at 80-90w when i was running between .15-.18 but have had to increase to 130 for .09 to get the same vape. Think of it like a tap if you have a skinny hose and you turn the water nozzle hafway to get the water to spray
If the hose is wider in diametre you have to turn the nozzle on full to get the same amount spray
The only difference is the volume of water

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Not sure I will ever need to vape anywhere close to 177w, much less higher than that. I usually run at 80w with the mesh coils I use.
Don't think in terms of watts. Think in terms of temperature and power required to heat a coil to your preferred temperature. The coils I am currently using run warm-hot between 115-130w. But, I like a very warm vape.

IronSky

Cereal Vapist
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I should put it this way, I use pre-made mesh coils and a sub ohm tank. I vape in the range it gives me, based on warmth and flavor preference with the juice I'm using. Not looking to build coils, not looking for a mod that has as many features as my smartphone, not looking to use mechs. I am plug and play, no fuss.
I love vaping, but it's not something I want to spend a a lot of time on. I want to step up from the mini, but I want it to be easy and taste good.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I should put it this way, I use pre-made mesh coils and a sub ohm tank. I vape in the range it gives me, based on warmth and flavor preference with the juice I'm using. Not looking to build coils, not looking for a mod that has as many features as my smartphone, not looking to use mechs. I am plug and play, no fuss.
I love vaping, but it's not something I want to spend a a lot of time on. I want to step up from the mini, but I want it to be easy and taste good.

Any decent regulated mod capable of variable wattage/voltage from 5W to 60/70/80W ought to suit for what you require then. Seems you've got your atty out of the way already. I might suggest looking at Innokin mods, they seem to stay consistently good quality built mods for a reasonable price. I won't say they are the best since Wonder Bread but they usually do what anyone needs and keep going for a while. Avoid Smok / SmokTech for the time being. Not sure why their quality has waned off so much. They used to make decent gear for a low end price, durable stuff made well. Lately though, ugh. I see you're already putting eyes on a Aegis Legend, might be best for you. Not had any exp. with those so I will not comment to them. From the sounds of it though it would seem they are waterproof. I would wonder but not enough to run out and buy something. *chuckles*

*swiftly without force snatches straw, replacing it with an Ohio match* Straws make me nervous. Useful as weapons, I don't like that thought. A match, eh you might burn us all down but it's unlikely you'll gut somebody with a match. *grins as light fades out of his eyes, slips off*

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But variable wattage is what your using but... and they all have a bunch of featurez and options but... except mechs of course which are more simpler than reg. You dont have to build coils they come premade. And take just as long to chuck a single coil in as reload a tank... just saying hashtag #

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
except mechs of course which are more simpler than reg. You dont have to build coils they come premade.

Premade or not if you are not checking RESISTANCE on an Atomizer on a Mech BEFORE you ever press the fire button, you are playing with blowing your teeth out.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Comprehension + indecision × inqisition ÷ inclination = aquisition squared?

Application + Knowledge = Wisdom Wisdom x Uses = Algorithm Algorithm ÷ Intention = Moral & Ethical Quagmires + Knowledge = Just !== Knowledge +Intention == Immoral & Unethical ?==

Want to see if you can figure out what you're left with if there's injustice.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a new one today....and yeah another woodie....
8d4c6ef7d90c17d6ac1d35aa6c0917a1.jpg
86b331d365c3be46861c3b5550d774d8.jpg
e26c0dfc18ffaf64d3dcea6d3530365f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any decent regulated mod capable of variable wattage/voltage from 5W to 60/70/80W ought to suit for what you require then. Seems you've got your atty out of the way already. I might suggest looking at Innokin mods, they seem to stay consistently good quality built mods for a reasonable price. I won't say they are the best since Wonder Bread but they usually do what anyone needs and keep going for a while. Avoid Smok / SmokTech for the time being. Not sure why their quality has waned off so much. They used to make decent gear for a low end price, durable stuff made well. Lately though, ugh. I see you're already putting eyes on a Aegis Legend, might be best for you. Not had any exp. with those so I will not comment to them. From the sounds of it though it would seem they are waterproof. I would wonder but not enough to run out and buy something. *chuckles*

*swiftly without force snatches straw, replacing it with an Ohio match* Straws make me nervous. Useful as weapons, I don't like that thought. A match, eh you might burn us all down but it's unlikely you'll gut somebody with a match. *grins as light fades out of his eyes, slips off*
A match made, from strands of straw in a heavenly haystack?
A needle found,
Weaponized and struck, like false lightning from a coil, but can a concocted current strike twice?
Or do the veriables vary variously
Like a fluctuating constant, constantly eroding like corrosive entropy?
Drops mike

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But variable wattage is what your using but... and they all have a bunch of featurez and options but... except mechs of course which are more simpler than reg. You dont have to build coils they come premade. And take just as long to chuck a single coil in as reload a tank... just saying hashtag #

*stops, sits & watches the tennis game with a smirk* Regulated mods can be simple for those wanting to just pick up a mod and vape. I am not against regulated mods exactly. I don't use them because my experience with them hasn't been good. For me it's a bit of a Luddite argument, the computer chips break and I can no longer vape. I use nicotine to vape and stay off cigarettes that way. So, I need to keep vaping. Mechs do that because they have no chips to breaks. I'm happy seeing anyone vaping, any way they want. :) Genuinely, I am. Well, except for that @MannyScoot fellow, he steams me up with his vapor clouds. The wind only comes from his direction out to me. I cannot get my clouds to dump on him, talk about me being in a pissy fit, hmph. But I don't think it's his fault as much as geography.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*stops, sits & watches the tennis game with a smirk* Regulated mods can be simple for those wanting to just pick up a mod and vape. I am not against regulated mods exactly. I don't use them because my experience with them hasn't been good. For me it's a bit of a Luddite argument, the computer chips break and I can no longer vape. I use nicotine to vape and stay off cigarettes that way. So, I need to keep vaping. Mechs do that because they have no chips to breaks. I'm happy seeing anyone vaping, any way they want. :) Genuinely, I am. Well, except for that @MannyScoot fellow, he steams me up with his vapor clouds. The wind only comes from his direction out to me. I cannot get my clouds to dump on him, talk about me being in a pissy fit, hmph. But I don't think it's fault as much as geography.
I'm innocent..... Well not really.......

Guilty as charged.......

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm innocent..... Well not really.......

Guilty as charged.......

And I know there's times I get to chaining probably as bad as you, and the clouds just roll. Not too worried over it though. :) I just like how the clouds taste. Been playing around with some wire, figuring out builds. Little by little the steps add up to the next level. Hm, not that I'm really too bothered for that either. Vaping has become for me like most else. Focus just cannot get over lack of drive, motivation.

Told one of the mental docs I was alright because I knew I'd never have zip, zest, pep, enthusiasm. She couldn't understand. I broke it to abc blocks. "Doc, you love studying the mind. right?" So then she figured it out, "oh, you never have that, I'm so sorry." Told her wasn't her fault, just how I got made. I vape. Yee Ha. Next? I write a little, Next? Nothing holds me, I get too bored, too quick. Recently heard rumor gov is hoping we all go smoke MJ and play video games. Um, knocks me out of anything to do. Sure i can smoke some but then what? Not a gamer, tv is crap too, read books and fall asleep in a minute?

Anyhoot, gotsta git outta de funk and quit filling the thread with junk.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Give me an e give me an l give me a ....... lectron? Lol

Hmm *goes back to read several more times*

*has read, now gets it he thinks* Pun? More like cryptogram. Damn, don't spin my skull like that when I'm relaxing. *lol*

Give @SteveS45 credit, he too was sorting out the lyrical enigma. Watch out here dwell polymaths and curmudgeons most direly perverse.

But that was fucking beautiful. I ought to have seen it right off. Shit, I be sleeping.

Bated/Baited is the breath waiting on the fox in the trap.

Last edited:

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have an interesting view on things bro does a person whose lived their whole life in a concrete box percieve that their is a world outside their box? If it is all they have ever known? What would outside look like to them percieving colour etc for the first time? Would it exceed their expectations given they had knowledge there was an outside? Or would it be dissapointing?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You have an interesting view on things bro does a person whose lived their whole life in a concrete box percieve that their is a world outside their box? If it is all they have ever known? What would outside look like to them percieving colour etc for the first time? Would it exceed their expectations given they had knowledge there was an outside? Or would it be dissapointing?

Ah, sorry I don't like Plato too much. His argument that darkness & light both blind I found silly. That's the argument you present here weather or not you know it, if not look up Republic by Plato, Chapter 6, Allegory Of A Cave its called. I read and understood it far too long ago, then got into Sun Tzu, Jung, and also lived well and beyond any bounds, concrete or otherwise. Unless you can show me how to make a penny walk like a C-note I don't figure you be having too many tricks to teach this old hound. Laying down a cryptogram as lyric whilst I'm taking in an evening rest is pure dumb luck to get you by. Trouble being that switch, I cannot flip back the other way.

I don't think I'd be of interest to you, if I could.

Got any Heraclitus instead? Maybe some Thoreau, Camus, Epicurus?

Damn, no more fun.

Last edited:

IronSky

Cereal Vapist
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Got a new one today....and yeah another woodie....
8d4c6ef7d90c17d6ac1d35aa6c0917a1.jpg
86b331d365c3be46861c3b5550d774d8.jpg
e26c0dfc18ffaf64d3dcea6d3530365f.jpg

Quit teasing with your woody! I absolutely love all of your wood mods, Manny. This one is beautiful. A bit more than I want to spend tbh, but they are so tempting!

IronSky

Cereal Vapist
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
*stops, sits & watches the tennis game with a smirk* Regulated mods can be simple for those wanting to just pick up a mod and vape. I am not against regulated mods exactly. I don't use them because my experience with them hasn't been good. For me it's a bit of a Luddite argument, the computer chips break and I can no longer vape. I use nicotine to vape and stay off cigarettes that way. So, I need to keep vaping. Mechs do that because they have no chips to breaks. I'm happy seeing anyone vaping, any way they want. :) Genuinely, I am. Well, except for that @MannyScoot fellow, he steams me up with his vapor clouds. The wind only comes from his direction out to me. I cannot get my clouds to dump on him, talk about me being in a pissy fit, hmph. But I don't think it's his fault as much as geography.
Mechs scare me tbh, but I love the way some of them look.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mechs scare me tbh, but I love the way some of them look.

Rather you respect than fear but I can understand the fear as well. I had a good buddy keep pestering me to try squonking & in that try mechs. He has since gone on ahead, due to nothing to do with vaping. He felt confident I could use mechs despite my self doubts. Been glad to have taken his advice and to have been reminded once again here of it. :) Excuse me, some of the gruffest old dogs get sentimental, lots of dust here in my office.

Yeah, understand the fear. It is a matter of respect imho, kind of like grabbing up a chainsaw to timber recalling a man trying to cut his leg off with one. Sure be afraid it can do some bad damage but don't be so afraid you lock the door on ever using it. And, well, I'll hush not one to tell others their lives. *grin and chuckles* I can only go so far.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i can;t stand heavy box mods with lots of right angles.
they are unpleasant to hold.
i just got a segli sobra because it has flowing lines.
it is now my fav because it fits my hand so well.
very comfy, unlike the voopoo drag mini.

IronSky

Cereal Vapist
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i can;t stand heavy box mods with lots of right angles.
they are unpleasant to hold.
i just got a segli sobra because it has flowing lines.
it is now my fav because it fits my hand so well.
very comfy, unlike the voopoo drag mini.
To each their own. The sobra looks ok, just not my style.

VU Sponsors