Become a Patron!

Need assistance with forum

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Mods and or Admin. Unsure of where to ask this so picked this section. If wrong please move.
The problem I am having is this. I want to add some new mods to my for sale Post in the Coop section. But apparently there is a 20 image limit per post. Since I wish to continue adding new mods to the first post this creates a problem. When I have had this problem on other forums in the past. One of the mods or admin was able to raise the limit for that post. Unfortunately I do not know who performs that function for VU. So any and all assistance would be very much appreciated.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Mods and or Admin. Unsure of where to ask this so picked this section. If wrong please move.
The problem I am having is this. I want to add some new mods to my for sale Post in the Coop section. But apparently there is a 20 image limit per post. Since I wish to continue adding new mods to the first post this creates a problem. When I have had this problem on other forums in the past. One of the mods or admin was able to raise the limit for that post. Unfortunately I do not know who performs that function for VU. So any and all assistance would be very much appreciated.
Limit can not be raised but you can just start another thread in this case.

And for your info just in case this applies to you, the coop section is for vapers who only make a minimal profit for there time, and vendors of ebay, Amazon, or with any website are not allowed to do coops.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Limit can not be raised but you can just start another thread in this case.

And for your info just in case this applies to you, the coop section is for vapers who only make a minimal profit for there time, and vendors of ebay, Amazon, or with any website are not allowed to do coops.

I do realize that I could just start a new thread. But I was hoping that I could continue with my current thread. But if that is your decision then fine. That is what I will do.

As for the 2nd part. apparently you do not remember that you were the one who made the decision that I was only allowed to post my mods in the coop section because I did not want to be labeled as a vendor. (Still do not understand Why that Section?).
But if that limitation has been retracted I will happily return to posting my mods in the Hardware Section.?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I do realize that I could just start a new thread. But I was hoping that I could continue with my current thread. But if that is your decision then fine. That is what I will do.

As for the 2nd part. apparently you do not remember that you were the one who made the decision that I was only allowed to post my mods in the coop section because I did not want to be labeled as a vendor. (Still do not understand Why that Section?).
But if that limitation has been retracted I will happily return to posting my mods in the Hardware Section.?
The Hardware section is not for posting anything for sale or trade. That is why we have the trading post section which again is for regular members who do not sell for a living or profit.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may suggest is to just create an imgur account which is free and put your photos in an album. Imgur has a very easy way that gives you the BB code to paste directly into your post. If you've got many of them just post a link to the album you have your photos uploaded.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
After reviewing your sales I have no choice but to give you a unlisted vendor badge with classifying you as a vendor.

You may or may not have a website or a ebay business but your sales are for profit gain which makes you a seller/vendor.

Please start one thread in the unlisted section where you can post your sales with maintaining that one thread.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
@SMOKIE We have been down this road before. I do not wish to be labeled as any type of Vendor. Please remove that label. I in turn will no longer post any of my mods For Sale on your Site. I have a few custom requested orders that I am in the process of finishing but after that I will no longer post them where I am not wanted. I can not imagine what massive amount of profit you think I am gaining. When I Sell a custom made wood Mod for $60 and only post a them a few times a year?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
@SMOKIE We have been down this road before. I do not wish to be labeled as any type of Vendor. Please remove that label. I in turn will no longer post any of my mods For Sale on your Site. I have a few custom requested orders that I am in the process of finishing but after that I will no longer post them where I am not wanted. I can not imagine what massive amount of profit you think I am gaining. When I Sell a custom made wood Mod for $60 and only post a them a few times a year?
You have been around with us for 3 years, and I have not had any complaints of you selling in the Trading Post which tells me your a good modder. And your right $60 is a good price with not making much profit, so with that said I will allow you to keep selling as a coop in the trading post but I am giving you a Modders badge which I just made up to justify why your in the trading post.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
@SMOKIE I would like to extend my deepest thanks to you for coming up with this solution. It is very much appreciated. And since A modder is what I consider myself That new badge is an added benefit. It was never my intent to cause any problems. So Thanks again for reconsidering it. Have a good evening.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aww hell, now I want one of those new badges too! :tantrum:

I've made a few mods myself although admittedly they were 3D prints rather than the custom craftsmanship that Sonar bestows on his mods but that should still qualify, right? Heck, I even thought about selling one or two of them afterwards but quickly came to the disheartening realization that the amount I could charge for them would easily exceed the cost of postage. :facepalm:

:D

Anyway, happy to see a workable solution was found! :cheers:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Aww hell, now I want one of those new badges too! :tantrum:

I've made a few mods myself although admittedly they were 3D prints rather than the custom craftsmanship that Sonar bestows on his mods but that should still qualify, right? Heck, I even thought about selling one or two of them afterwards but quickly came to the disheartening realization that the amount I could charge for them would easily exceed the cost of postage. :facepalm:

:D

Anyway, happy to see a workable solution was found! :cheers:
A modder badge at the VU is for one who sells the mods they make, and would need to prove to me they make quality mods over the years with no complaints.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A modder badge at the VU is for one who sells the mods they make, and would need to prove to me they make quality mods over the years with no complaints.

I get it, my reply was in jest ... well, other than my appreciation of a solution to the issue being found of course. :)

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hey @SMOKIE
If I sell PureCoils (which I'm heavily considering), but want to offer the occasional custom patina mod for sale, can I drop the VENDOR badge for a MODDER badge? Obviously this won't be until I've sold the business. I've taken up making custom patinas on mods as a hobby, but have more than I'll actually use.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hey @SMOKIE
If I sell PureCoils (which I'm heavily considering), but want to offer the occasional custom patina mod for sale, can I drop the VENDOR badge for a MODDER badge? Obviously this won't be until I've sold the business. I've taken up making custom patinas on mods as a hobby, but have more than I'll actually use.
I toss pizza pies occasionally but does not make me a expert, so when you have a year or so under your belt let me know.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors