Become a Patron!

Need Help Trying To Salvage Some eJuice

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey All.

I started Vaping a few months back, so I'm still very new to everything.
(smoker for 20+ years, and have finally now killed it!)

Within the first few weeks I started developing canker sores on the far back of my tongue along with alot of throat irritation. Changed vg/pg ratios around alot, tried various home remedies, went to the dr....blablaba....
I don't want to bore you all with this here in this section, just wanted to give you a basis for this thread.
Here is my thread in the Health Section if anyone wants to read:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vaping-canker-sores.63962/
I have since seemed to find that the main cause of the problem was from the PG.

With that said....
I still have a half dozen of flavors here that I really like that are at a 80VG/20PG ratio.
Is there any way I can Salvage these juices and make them usable without causing myself any further irritation from the PG?

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can get some vg and dilute them (which will dilute your nic and your flavor). You can get vg based nic to make up for what your losing. You can also look into non-pg flavors vs that might work well with your juice. Pretty much all the flavors I use are pg based, so I can't help there too much. If you use flavor art, their flavors are highly concentrated so you can probably add only a few % of where other brands you might need 10% +. What flavors are you working with? Some of the more experienced diyers here can probably come up with some great ideas for you.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I read your thread in the health section, and that sounds like a really painful reaction I wouldn't want to risk. You can sure dilute your PG-containing liquids with VG, but how would you know the limit you can tolerate? If you knew it contained (for example) 20% PG and that you can vape up to (for example) 10%, that would be possible.

There are max-VG liquids sold in those flavors you like, and I think they're worth the expense to avoid the risk of physical pain! (If you want to DIY your own liquids, you could do those flavors in any PG/VG ratio needed, too.)

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah...it hasn't been a very pleasant ride so far by any means, but at least I'm not smoking anymore.

I just don't like wasting things is all....especially money.
I know I can get all the flavors in Max VG but was hoping I could just add something to what I have here so I didn't have to throw them out.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah...it hasn't been a very pleasant ride so far by any means, but at least I'm not smoking anymore.

I know I can get all the flavors in Max VG but was hoping I could just add something to what I have here so I didn't have to throw them out.

Well, you could just add VG, but that will dilute the nic and flavoring along with the PG.
Or you could buy VG unflavored nic in your current nic strength. That still dilutes the flavoring along with the PG.
Or you could buy similar flavored max-VG liquids and combine them in whatever ratio you think your body can tolerate.

I can't think of other ways to use it up, but you could look into a trade.

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know if this will help you but you could try selling them atleast get money to then purchase all vg juices. I'm a new vapor so adding shit to it I know nothing about

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks all.
I figured about the same, but thought it would be best to ask the people making it.
Diluting it might not be worth it just for the extra cost in buying the VG and Nic, losing alot of flavor, then having it not work and end up with those dang sores again.

I never considered trade or selling em.
It might be an option, idk.
Unfortunately ....I'm the only one that vapes in my immediate pack of (heavy smoker) friends.
So trading or selling online would be my only option.
I would be pretty apprehensive of buying opened juice from some random dude off the net though,
and I imagine others would be too. haha.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Just be aware that Max VG doesn't always mean 100VG. Many, many (most) flavorings are made in PG (obviously not all) so there are times when Max VG just means what isn't in the flavorings. It could mean 80VG/20PG - which is what seems to be a problem for you.

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks all.
I figured about the same, but thought it would be best to ask the people making it.
Diluting it might not be worth it just for the extra cost in buying the VG and Nic, losing alot of flavor, then having it not work and end up with those dang sores again.

I never considered trade or selling em.
It might be an option, idk.
Unfortunately ....I'm the only one that vapes in my immediate pack of (heavy smoker) friends.
So trading or selling online would be my only option.
I would be pretty apprehensive of buying opened juice from some random dude off the net though,
and I imagine others would be too. haha.

You would be surprised. I know many people post on the thread made for that. If you decide to sell let me know what you got I would DEFINATLEY be interested

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't read the other thread but are the max VG flavors HIC mentioned the same brand? If it's the same juice, just max VG, you could add a couple mls of the juice you have to the max VG juice. That would be cheaper than buying VG and nic.

Just a thought.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just be aware that Max VG doesn't always mean 100VG. Many, many (most) flavorings are made in PG (obviously not all) so there are times when Max VG just means what isn't in the flavorings. It could mean 80VG/20PG - which is what seems to be a problem for you.

Well that's food for thought.
I didn't realize there is PG in the flavoring itself.
The guy I buy my juice from makes mine to go and says it's Max VG but he never brought up PG being in the flavors.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask him next time around.
But the blends he's made for me @ "Max VG" haven't bothered me so far.
(at least not that I've really noticed)

You would be surprised. I know many people post on the thread made for that. If you decide to sell let me know what you got I would DEFINATLEY be interested

I don't know if I have enough of each for it to be beneficial for you, but I can send you pm if you'd like.
I really wanted to be able to salvage the flavors for personal use, but it's looking like that may not be an option.

I didn't read the other thread but are the max VG flavors HIC mentioned the same brand? If it's the same juice, just max VG, you could add a couple mls of the juice you have to the max VG juice. That would be cheaper than buying VG and nic.
Just a thought.

Yeah that's what would have been ideal...but unfortunately no.
Well...yes and no.
All of my juices are from the same manufacturer, but this time around when I ordered and bought all Max VG juices I didn't duplicate any of the flavors that I have with PG in them.
I waned to try other flavors, so...Sucks for me.
(in that respect)

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FYI as well as IMO stretch and re-steep ..... I have been stretching a few from cuttwood and the one 9west <----- :~{ that I have been trying to clone 4 months now... As I said IMO as long as you don't try to stretch to fast it will work... The higher the % the more you can stretch and re-steep... Example.... 15 ml can be cut by 3 then let steep 2 weeks (using the normal methods) hot bath and shake. Let sit...... shake ....shake... Shake somemore watch the grass grow... Shake again. Exc.. Exc... Drip on your mod and enjoy. The dark juice stretches further just in my experiences... Hope it helps

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that's what would have been ideal...but unfortunately no.
Well...yes and no.
All of my juices are from the same manufacturer, but this time around when I ordered and bought all Max VG juices I didn't duplicate any of the flavors that I have with PG in them.
I waned to try other flavors, so...Sucks for me.
(in that respect)

The ones you have should last months. If you can't sale or trade them or do something else, you could just order the same flavors in max VG next time around.

Anyway, it's still an option. They won't go bad for quite some time. At least, most juices don't.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If a guy is making it for you personally have him switch to flavor art. I have made about 10 of HICs recipes and amazed at the black barrel whiskey Mac at 5.5% flavor!

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ones you have should last months. If you can't sale or trade them or do something else, you could just order the same flavors in max VG next time around.

Anyway, it's still an option. They won't go bad for quite some time. At least, most juices don't.

True.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If a guy is making it for you personally have him switch to flavor art. I have made about 10 of HICs recipes and amazed at the black barrel whiskey Mac at 5.5% flavor!

Well the guy that I buy from is very accomidating, but I KNOW he's not going to alter his shop's ingredients just for me. haha. Thats something to keep in mind if I stsrt making my own though, which Id really like to get in to, but at this point have no idea where to start. Making my own would probably be the safest bet for me ideally because then Id know exactly whats in it and how to adjust if I have a bad reaction.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a side note:
I've noticed that these Max VG juices seem to burn twice as fast in my Mini Nautilus tanks...and insanely fast in my SubTank Mini.
Is there anything I can do to them that will make them last longer in my tanks without screwing up the flavor and nicotine levels??

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Only if you should choose to make your own... There are a few variables like pure grain alcohol for the that hit.... This is for the long timer juice makers. Make a friend that knows how to adjust for your liking? Food for thought. Sorry for my 2¢. Lol

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I thin out the juice with some water, and will that make it last longer in my tanks??
If so, how many drops of water would you add to a 2.5ml tank?

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well first make sure its distilled & 3+1+1+1+1+1and so on till you get what you want but .......... Watch 2 many drops will destroy the flavor and or juice... I never use water because of fear of pneumonia... Extra moisture=more risk..... Remember safety first

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try the 3 vape through the tank after shaking very very well see what you get

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I never use water because of fear of pneumonia... Extra moisture=more risk..... Remember safety first

I've never heard the claim that water in eliquid adds a risk of pneumonia. Why would that be? Like the PG and VG we use, it's vaporized when we inhale it. In fact, water would seem to be the most innocuous substance one could add to any inhaled vapor.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't recall but I do see where that could be true... I just personally have that fear I guess.. I try to stay as safe as I can. Blacktothgrin, please do your research for yourself. (IMHO) I in your situation pay the 35$ for the gallon of VG & cut 50/50 till you are happy

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many people add up to 20% distilled water to their vg base so it flows properly in a tank. Totally harmless, and common practice!

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok well then black tooth please use a calculator to make adjustments as I have been misinformed apparently...

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone.
I'm probably going to buy some VG to add to my juices in hopes of Saving the remaining flavors I have at 80vg20pg in a manner to where the PG doesnt cause the irritation and cankers that it has in the past. That was the whole point of this thread right?

My question of adding water was actually geared towards my Max VG juices though. I just noticed that those juices seem to burn rapidly in my tanks in comparison to others with PG in them, and was wanting to slow that down so they will last longer in my tank. Im not sure if I was totally clear on that or if it seemed like I was trying to cut the PG with water.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone.
I'm probably going to buy some VG to add to my juices in hopes of Saving the remaining flavors I have at 80vg20pg in a manner to where the PG doesnt cause the irritation and cankers that it has in the past. That was the whole point of this thread right?

My question of adding water was actually geared towards my Max VG juices though. I just noticed that those juices seem to burn rapidly in my tanks in comparison to others with PG in them, and was wanting to slow that down so they will last longer in my tank. Im not sure if I was totally clear on that or if it seemed like I was trying to cut the PG with water.

I'm not sure that adding water to VG juice will slow down the rate at which it vaporizes, but you can try it! (Remember I told you that most flavorings are in a PG base?) Vaping at low ohms seems to go through juice much quicker, no matter the composition!

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you noticed that the thinner juices with more PG last longer in your tank? They do in my Nautilus Mini anyways. Almost twice as long it seems. Thats why I was wondering if thinning the juice with water might help how quickly the Max VG juice gets vaporized.
As for my SubTank....sheesh, Thats a battle I dont think Im going to win because of the low .5 coil just as you mentioned.

And yes I remeber you bringing up the PG in the flavorings.
Probably no way around that either for me unless I learn how to make my own right?

Now here is something funny:
Biotene really soothes my tongue from vaping.
PG is one of the main ingredients of Biotene.
Doesnt make alot of sense does it?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need to DIY LOL

I will tell you that when I moved to my subtank I found I got some canker sores - I suspect from chain vaping from a very hot tank! (Sheesh that thing gets hot!)

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I pick up VG at a local drug store?
Is there a certain kind to get or stay away from?
Is there a sweetend VG that might help bring back a little flavor from what I'm going to loose from trying to cut the PG or would that just jack up the flavor even more?

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If inhaling water in ejuice is bad, just imagine what a hot shower would do!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I pick up VG at a local drug store?
Is there a certain kind to get or stay away from?
Is there a sweetend VG that might help bring back a little flavor from what I'm going to loose from trying to cut the PG or would that just jack up the flavor even more?

VG is naturally sweet! You can buy it as 'Glycerin USP' at any drug store - it's used for skincare (not with the body lotion!)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats my next question. Is it really USP or not? And can I use it for vaping? The online bottle has it, but the girl in the store said there isnt usp on the label. Are there two different kinds or was usp just removed from the label?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats my next question. Is it really USP or not? And can I use it for vaping? The online bottle has it, but the girl in the store said there isnt usp on the label. Are there two different kinds or was usp just removed from the label?

Don't vape it if it doesn't have USP on the label. Try Rite Aid? The one I bought from there (over a year ago and never used!) says USP.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I got the VG last night from Walmart.
This is the test I did:

I have a Honeydew juice here that I was never able to use because the guy used too much flavoring and it was so strong it made me sick. I mixed 4-5 ml of that juice with 4-5 ml of the new VG. The new VG made it a bit thick as the juice was already a Max VG, so I added 3 drops of distilled water to thin it out. Then did a fast steep in hot water twice. It turned out perfect! The flavor was now great, and the hits were very smooth with great Vapor Production. What the Nic level turned out to be, youll have to tell me. It started out at 15, so Im guessing somewhere around 7 with adding the VG and water?

Now that was the initial test with a max vg juice that was too strong with flavor and nic for my subtank.
The goal was to be able to use my already great flavors of an 80vg20pg in my Nautilus without having an alergic reaction to the PG. Any suggestions of mixing ratios to accomplish this without destroying the flavor and nic level?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors