Become a Patron!

Need help with learning about vapes...

I'm about to be hired at a new vape shop in my town, and I need help with learning what needs to be known about appealing a vape to a customer. My knowledge about how vapes exactly work is minimal at best, so I would really appreciate if someone could drop a links to pages that could help teach me a few things. Any quick tips are appreciated too.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No offense to you, seriously....but no one should be hired at a shop that knows nothing about vaping. There are many safety factors involved, health factors as well. It's like hiring a grocery clerk to be a nurse. Do you vape?

No offense to you, seriously....but no one should be hired at a shop that knows nothing about vaping. There are many safety factors involved, health factors as well. It's like hiring a grocery clerk to be a nurse. Do you vape?
I said minimal at best. I understand the health risks ect. I've vaped for about 3 years now. I understand how dangerous it can be to set up a drip mod improperly. I understand the basics and how vapes work, I just wanted advice for how to sell them. Ill delete the post if that's truly too ridiculous to ask.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, you can ask anything you want, certainly didn't mean it as a personal attack. But I see so many posts from members - especially new members - who have gotten little/no/bad advice from shops where employees were clueless as to how to do anything but run a cash register. IMO (and that's all it is, my opinion), shop workers should have to pass a "course" of some sort to work in a b&m to make sure they know what they're dealing with. But then again, I think everyone should have to take a test to own a mech, so...just take anything I say with a grain of salt.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, you can ask anything you want, certainly didn't mean it as a personal attack. But I see so many posts from members - especially new members - who have gotten little/no/bad advice from shops where employees were clueless as to how to do anything but run a cash register. IMO (and that's all it is, my opinion), shop workers should have to pass a "course" of some sort to work in a b&m to make sure they know what they're dealing with. But then again, I think everyone should have to take a test to own a mech, so...just take anything I say with a grain of salt.

:nothingtoadd:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm about to be hired at a new vape shop in my town, and I need help with learning what needs to be known about appealing a vape to a customer. My knowledge about how vapes exactly work is minimal at best, so I would really appreciate if someone could drop a links to pages that could help teach me a few things. Any quick tips are appreciated too.

Well first thing, don't sell mechanical mods. Have the customer come back and refer them to a more knowledgeable salesperson. There is nothing wrong with this, explain that you have not trained enough on mechanical mods to feel right about selling them as they are an advanced item and not for beginners or casual vapers. Regulated mods you can sell, they are pretty much all the same. What you will need to find out is if customers are just starting and need a mouth to lung set up to get off cigarettes or if they are advancing toward larger tanks and dripping. With drip atomizers, some are better for flavor, others are better for clouds. You can tell by the amount of airflow. Tons of airflow = clouds. (see mutationX v4 vs Tsunami)

Batteries will be the most important part of your job. Recommend only Samsung, Sony and LG as these have been tested and proven over and over. Other brands are generally re-wrapped factory 2nds, that failed some of the manufacturers quality assurance test, and when your battery has the potential to go BOOM you don't want to risk one that has already been failed by the manufacturer. 20A to 30A, high drain, 3.7V batteries. Generally the longer the charge, the lower the CDR (amp rating).. ie.. 20A 3000Mah vs 30A 1500Mah. (Milli-amp hours)

Aside from that, regulated is just customer preference. Look, feel, determining power requirements.
You should also get at least a general idea about coil building as well as the tools needed, and ohms law.

www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The amusing part is:OP's got no experience, and the store hires him - so I dunno how the OP can advise anyone on even the store products and know good from bad, preference from quality, etc.

This bodes not well.

VU Sponsors