Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all, I was hoping you guys might be able to help me find my next VW device. I am looking for models that have internal batteries and that can charge without having to remove or change out the batteries. I love the VW features, and love the devices that have internal batteries, they seam to be the ones that you can vape on all day long. I am a full time vape case and don't want to spend so much time replacing batteries throughout the day. If you could help with some suggestions, I would so greatly appreciate it! pics and or links would be awesome as well, thank you guys for your time, Celtie.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the ballpark price range you want to hit? Do you want to sub-ohm on it? That info would be helpful in providing you with more targeted suggestions.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Price range would greatly help out. I agree with the mvp. I also have a buddy at work who loves his vtr. Based on everyone's reviews on the ipv2, you probably can't go wrong with that or the sigelei 50w coming soon, as they're pretty much the same internally.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ide like to stay under the $150 dollar range, but that isn't the biggest issue. I don't plan on sub ohming, but would still be open to models that allow it. I've been primarily using tank style clearomizers like the Giant or the Mega. But have been getting more and more interested in trying out an RDA. I really like the models with internal batteries. Thanks guys!

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not trying to pimp what I just ordered, but maybe the sigelei. Will do sub ohm, $80 pre order from origin, easy access battery (as long as they don't do a running change for back cover). But, also sounds like any of the other new box mods might fit you too.

I know Fasttech has Hana clones with built in batteries for about $50 too.

Another thing to consider is the actual built in battery. On built ins, if the battery craps out, you gotta find a specific one. On replaceables, just about any will do.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Savage, I hear a lot of really good things about the Sigelei boxes, I will add that one to the list of possibilities.
So far, Im using The Groove II, I love the built in battery so far, lasts a day and a half without having to recharge, big plus for the amount of time I'm holding this thing. The price made it awesome too, i got mine for 40 bux shipped, its lasted over a month so far, so I count that as a win!

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
vaposhark...
i have the original dna20...vape a russian, an old school trident, a nautilus mini...17.5 watts is as bold as go...
get a solid 6 1/2 vape time...
have the RDna30 on order with the replaceable 18650 coming...
there is also a dna30 with a lipo pak...
save up...buy...have no regrets!!...

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a few possibilities in your price range. If you order in the next day or two you can get a Vaporshark for $144 using the code SHARKWEEK. Since it’s DNA30-based you’ll have the ability to go down to 0.5 ohm should you want. But even if you don’t sub-ohm, the DNA30 will give you a lot of functionality plus maintain safety. The Vaporshark has solid build quality and good support. The downside (and the reason I sold mine) is the screen on the bottom. Most people don’t mind it; I just didn’t like having it there. Everything else about it was rock solid.

The other internal battery DNA device I would highly recommend is the Protovapor XPV, but that comes in about $50 above your target price. I love the form factor -- not really a box; not really a tube.

As others have suggested the Innokin MVP v2 is a great choice. It’s more limited in features than the Vaporshark, but a whole lot less $$. If you already didn't have one I would have suggested the Smok Groove 2 (by the way, if you're looking to get a backup, Madvapes has it for $33.29 with their site-wide 10% discount good till the end of the week). I picked one up this week and in many regards I like it more than my MVP.

The other route is the multitude of box mods coming out that are based on the SX chip or the DNA clone chip. Those will deliver much of the functionality of the Evolv DNA at a lower price point, but also with lower build quality. The only one I’ve had hands-on experience with is the Clouper, which lasted me all of one day before dying. I returned it and opted for my money back rather than a replacement. I may go for another one (perhaps the Sigeli) but will wait for a while to see how their reliability is before trying again.

Hope this helps, and hope you find something you like!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with the Vaporshark... the mvp is nice.. but doesn't last... You will be lucky to get 6 mo's before having some issue (firing pin not reading attys , battery not lasting as long etc) .. if you get a year I would be very surprised (i mean its only 40$ so whatever i guess) I would just spend the 170$ and get a vaporshark and you won't need to worry about quality - and those devices are just beastly.. I wish i had the extra loot to get one myself right now

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was just gonna suggest the Vaporshark DNA with the sharkweek discount code. If I can sell my other Provari I am gonna grab one myself.

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 vaporshark I only have the 1200mah DNA30 one, but that is one nice tiny box. They fixed the finish issues the first shark had, and I love the spring loaded pin. The shark-skins for it are pretty handy on down the road, they are rubber and work well, with a lot of groovy colors.

I am very interested in the rDNA and the new wireless charging system.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
+1 vaporshark I only have the 1200mah DNA30 one, but that is one nice tiny box. They fixed the finish issues the first shark had, and I love the spring loaded pin. The shark-skins for it are pretty handy on down the road, they are rubber and work well, with a lot of groovy colors.

I am very interested in the rDNA and the new wireless charging system.

The rDNA is the one I really want. Throw a VTC5 in there and good to go.

L

Lighty269

Hey Celtic, there you go again helping out. I am looking for my first VV/VW device. Thanks for starting this thread.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my pleasure Lighty, and thank you guys for all your help, we appreciate it greatly!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have heard that the next version of the DNA30 boxes (V3) will be shipping this week or the next.

The new versions are supposed be improved and without the defects of the original lot.

The one I have from Focal works fine and last me all day with my VCT5 battery.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a few possibilities in your price range. If you order in the next day or two you can get a Vaporshark for $144 using the code SHARKWEEK. Since it’s DNA30-based you’ll have the ability to go down to 0.5 ohm should you want. But even if you don’t sub-ohm, the DNA30 will give you a lot of functionality plus maintain safety. The Vaporshark has solid build quality and good support. !

I just ordered one of these. Thanks for the Code hazozita !!

I have a friend that has this DNA 30 Vapershark and the larger new one as well and likes both. Ive been on the fence with one of these since I prefer a tube Mod (didnt like the large size of the MVP I used so long ago)....vbut this one is so small that I dont mind the box shape at all. V ery stealthy as well.

I wont be selling my Semo's or ProVari's but there is definatley a place in my stable for this little jewel.

Thanks again for the code

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DNA 30s: vaporshark rDNA or cloupor 30 watt box (hana clone). you basically pay twice as much for rDNA but get legit evolve chip and lifetime support for any problems you may have. ive heard great things about their CS. they even have a wireless charging adapter for the rDNA :eek: i need one....

other than that i would wait for the sigelei 100w dual 18650 whether for power or battery life it looks like a winner on both

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If battery life is very important to you have a look on ebay for a Hammond box build with a 4000mah - 6000mah lipo inside. That'll last out the day ..or three

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just found so many cool hammond boxes that can be used to build box mods.....I want to try this!!!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I second that! I'm not ready to build my own yet, but I'm slowly buying parts... ^_^
I'd just like to add a little input. While you're getting ready and building up your parts and tools kit now is a good time to buy from china. I know it takes a while for it to arrive but you'll have it by the time you're ready. I browse Chinese eBay shops. Have gotten hammond boxes big bags of LEDs buttons connectors keystone style battery boxes, just everything really for a tenth of the price

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HobbyKing is another good website to buy from. They're Chinese but have warehouses around the world but still at china prices. I usually buy from the uk warehouse but recently bought from their Global warehouse in China. Everyone in the hobbyking forum were saying not to but it only took ten days. You can fit a large 6000mah+ lipo in a Hammond box. Compare the price of one of their batteries with a seller on eBay to see what I mean.

VU Sponsors