Become a Patron!

Need to move on from tobacco!

Hello, I am a new vaper and i am still in to tobacco. However i want to move on from this flavour but some e-liquids like oreo, caramel and stuff like that seem very sweet to me.. I wouls love some suggestions on e-liquids in order to make a smooth transition from tobacco to other flavours. thank you!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
when I was looking to get off the tobacco flavors I started going into rich tobacco styles that had a hint of desert in them. Pink spot swagger was my transition liquid. its very dark though and a total coil killer. If you are using premade coils I would look at some of the honey tobaccos or vanilla tobbacos to start pulling away.

it will be interesting to see what others did.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I switched to fruit flavors after a few months of vaping tobaccos. Honeydew was my first fruit flavor. It was a nice change. :)

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might want to sort of forget the "smooth transition out of tobacco" thing.

My first non-tobacco flavor was a total shock to the system, and a total delight.
Other people I spoke to at a vape shop had the same experience. We all ended up vaping mostly fruit flavors, even things we thought we'd never vape, like mango flavors. NKTR has very good, clean fruit flavors, but they're expensive if not on sale. The least sweet is the pear one, followed by guava, and mango is the sweetest.

Velvet Cloud also has very good high VG tobacco mixes, but I find them harsh now that I'm mostly a lung inhaler, and they're a bit pricey too.
Maybe try Verde Valley Vapes and Black Axis Vapors for different flavors at an affordable price to see if you will like that sort of stuff. Out of the these 2, Black Axis is my preferred one (for the very sweet and delicious Milk Maid and Peach Custard).

Good luck on your search.

jackmormon

Member For 4 Years
Why? I have been vaping over 4 years and enjoy all kinds of flavors. I still love, love, love some of the sweeter tobacco flavors like RY4 type juices. Fruit and tobacco flavor can also be great. The challenging thing nowadays is that the fruit/cream/dessert style juices are much easier to find at very competitive prices. The really good tobacco juices are hard to find and much more expensive usually. I say try and enjoy flavors of all kinds....even tobacco.

PS-My faves include Charlie Noble Pistachio RY4, Coval Vapes Azeroth, Mr. Vape RY4, Doodlebug's RY4, and the freakishly delightful Pan's Bane from Alchemyst Vapes. Bluebeard from Velvet Cloud (blueberry + tobacco) is also awesome. I enjoy a bit of a throat hit and the tobacco juices seem to have a tad even at low nic. None of these taste anything like a cigarette. (Yuck!)

Great! I ll look into the products you mentioned and get back! I find it really hard to "smoke" something that is not tobacco flavoured. Feels weird you know!!

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find it really hard to "smoke" something that is not tobacco flavoured. Feels weird you know!!

I know where you're coming from. While shifting over might be a shock to the system, you get used to it pretty quickly.

If fruit flavors or dessert flavors seem a little too different or potentially sweet, try something more earthy to start. Coffee, or a spice. My wife is vaping a clove right now that is amazing.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This is a well traveled path that probably almost all vapers have taken. For me, after discovering the delights of flavors from fruits to chocolates & caramel to cheesescakes & custards etc. etc., tobacco flavors just started to taste nasty. The last 60ml of RY4 I made gathered dust for a few months and finally just poured it out. The journey is more than half the fun, enjoy your quest...

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I transitioned I went from pure tobacco juices to RY4's. After that I went straight to custards and never looked back.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try a cappuccino vape, or very basic like watermelon. You can always go the route of getting Shisha flavors during the switchover.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I went from tobaccos to custard/bakery juices. I do still enjoy an RY4 though.

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For my part I don't think I will ever stop using a tobacco flavor, and I like some fruits and deserts. I got a mix shop that will make anything lol. Pizza anyone? On a serious note just move from flavor to flavor. If you continue to like tobacco flavors so be it....

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For my part I don't think I will ever stop using a tobacco flavor, and I like some fruits and deserts. I got a mix shop that will make anything lol. Pizza anyone? On a serious note just move from flavor to flavor. If you continue to like tobacco flavors so be it....

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk
why not ...I loves me some NET juices though they are a pain in the ass to vape.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just going to have to give it a shot..go to a vape shop and try diffrent stuff see what appeals.....you can never tell till you try..I never liked the bake goods/candy/sweety stuff...natural flavors and spices always appealed ....I've had fun, but to find a juice I really liked I had to start to make my own

Last edited:

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello Jenny,
Just as new to vaping as you are. Having a same issues with flavors that you are encountering now. Smoking was part of my life since '91 if I remember well and it was not just a nicotine fix. I enjoyed the taste of it as well. Flavors of "fruits", "sweets", and "foods", are not something that I can comfortably replace smokes, with at this time. I am open minded, and had to try it , but it didn't work for me, so I was constantly going back to smokes. First "flavor" that replaced cigarettes was a 3:1 mix of "sweet leaf tobbaco",and "vanilla custard". That kept me away from cigarettes 4 full days on its own. After that I tried "Cleopatra" which is very complex flavor , at least for my palette, and that was it. Did not even look at smokes since then. I am truly in love with that juice. Still can not vape other stuff. Bouncing in between tobacco/vanilla/custard mix, and "Cleopatra " at 6mg of nicotine. Still have open pack of smokes in a living room, but no drive to touch them. Don't give up. You'll find something that you like, and you will probably be surprised by your own choice. It's fun, you'll see :)

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, I am a new vaper and i am still in to tobacco. However i want to move on from this flavour but some e-liquids like oreo, caramel and stuff like that seem very sweet to me.. I wouls love some suggestions on e-liquids in order to make a smooth transition from tobacco to other flavours. thank you!
I highly recommend Tribeca by Halo. If you can't find it locally here is their website: www.halocigs.com

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Welcome and enjoy your stay! I had the same problem when I quit smoking and after trying tons of e-Liquids I eventually found a flavor that I could actually vape! Fruit By The Drop Tropical was the 1! I tried Cappuccino which is still sitting here rotting. One suggestion is bring a bottle of lemon flavored water next time you taste test because when I was trying to find something other then Tobacco everything tasted the same! One sip of lemon water cleansed my palate so I did not taste the last one! Good Luck and Vape ON!

upload_2016-4-3_17-50-10.png

VU Sponsors