Become a Patron!

New 18650 Batteries to test an unresponsive Smok X-Priv

I tried charging my (F*#!!ing :) ) X priv batteries on an external charger, thanks very much to the advice I got here recently. No luck so far. However, the vape kit is several years old and it hasn't been used for the last 2 yrs. Didn't even dawn on me to get/try new batteries. Was new at this when I got it and used it briefly to stop smoking, so still learning. After searching online and checking posts here, I have some idea of the 18650 batteries and what people use and prefer. My problem is the expense right now and investing in a bunch of batteries if the problem turns out to be unrelated. ***Can anyone recommend an inexpensive one or a good place to get just 2? Amazon or someplace w/out a high shipping fee? Walmart has ultrafire listing 1 battery $5.65. I hadn't seen that brand mentioned anywhere so not sure if I should try it. Thanks!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest a good vendor. Sorry, they charge about $7 shipping at a flat rate for CONUS (Continental US). Have had good dealings with IMRBatteries. Most I get run about $5 to $7 per each. They do have some running around $4 a pop.

Look for Sayno, Sony as these brands are fairly good. I recently bought a set of Molicell as they seem the flavor of the season. Hate telling you that you'll need to shell out some dough, but you may need to do it.

One thing with IMR, they do re-wrap the batteries they get. They do it as a safety concern and to automate their stock, it isn't done deceptively. You get the product you buy. They just use a stronger wrap material for the safety of themselves and customers. Their wrap also identifies the battery and has their own Q codes for ease of inventory and logistics.

You also may want to consider a different mod. We've seen a lot of complaints regarding Smok gear. Your "battery" problem might in fact be the mod causing the problem. Excuse me, not saying it definitely is but a high likelihood of that is a probability to consider. And to add to that Smok are not really backing up their gear, having bad customer service.

Gentle nudge here, lots of us here are saying "walk away from Smok." And don't get offended if there's not much help regarding their products here. It has gotten that bad.

Apologies if I seem a bearer of bad news, wish it wasn't there to need to bear. Also note, I'm not shilling or earning a thing by suggesting IMRBatteries. I just use them as a good source. There are others, maybe @f1r3b1rd can help guide us along too. :)

Last edited:
I am most willing to bet that it is the mod and not the batteries, so certainly not offended and grateful for the thoughtful response.
My reasoning with this is that because of a recent, significant financial change I can't buy something new and this thing was expensive. I was so hoping it would work because I'm anxious to stop smoking again because smoking is also so expensive! I am going to check out the batteries you mention, even though it is magical thinking.
Would you be able to suggest a simple less expensive mod? The only requirement I can think of beyond general safety is that I would want to use low nicotine and then no nicotine liquid? Vape juice? what is the proper term? :)

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't have, or know anyone with a volt meter or even an LED flashlight that takes 18650's? A local vape shop nearby who could test them?
Knowing if the batts work should be number one priority. Not much sense in buying batts if the mod is toast.

Of course, I will ask in a vape shop. Thanks!!
I asked above if you all have recommendations for a simple less expensive mod?
Guessing there will be suggestions already on this site so I will look around here as well.
Thanks again.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty much any dual battery mod will do what you want to be honest.

To be further honest, it's possible it's the mod. but my money is still on the battery/ies until there is actual data demonstrating otherwise.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take a look in the hardware forum here as a matter of fact. Somebody always has something for sale.

I would make sure it's the mod before scrapping it though. Like I say, I could be wrong, but I'm not convinced there's anything wrong with it. I own several Smok mods and have worked on a few others. Uneven battery drain has never been an issue. I haven't seen it around the web either. For all the wailing over Smok products.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here looks like a good kit to get you up and running. You don't need to squonk with it if you don't desire. You can use it as a standard regulated dripping mod, or put a Tank on ity as a stanard regulated device. Wismec seems to have stepped up a bit as far as quality. Got a Luxotic squonker myself, not this particular one but if this one is like mine it's decent.

Agree with @gsmit1 above. Be sure it is the batteries before the mod. I suggested the mod being crud only as one probability. I did so from seeing a lot of bad write ups on Smok products lately, so that may be a bias. Sometimes we all need to double check our gear and ourselves, apologies if I read as strongly suggesting ditch the mod right out.

More kits just in case.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only requirement I can think of beyond general safety is that I would want to use low nicotine and then no nicotine liquid? Vape juice? what is the proper term? :)

You can call it ejuice or simply juice around other vapers. Please though don't call it oil. We try vigilantly to not use any form of oils. So calling it that is not good. Safety wise any good regulated device ought to keep you reasonably safe. :)

Take a look in the hardware forum here as a matter of fact. Somebody always has something for sale.

I would make sure it's the mod before scrapping it though. Like I say, I could be wrong, but I'm not convinced there's anything wrong with it. I own several Smok mods and have worked on a few others. Uneven battery drain has never been an issue. I haven't seen it around the web either. For all the wailing over Smok products.
I will definitely check new batteries first. When I took it to the vape store where I bought it, the owner looked at it and thought what he saw was tiny spots of discoloration. He said it could be mold and that I should get a tool to open and check/clean the motherboard, and that was probably why it wasnt charging. I started to do that but then someone here said it could be the batteries need an external charger. That seemed an easier place to start. Once I do that I thought I'd follow up on the motherboard. Do you ever see that happen with
the motherboard?

That's great to know about the hardware forum. Thanks so much!

Here looks like a good kit to get you up and running. You don't need to squonk with it if you don't desire. You can use it as a standard regulated dripping mod, or put a Tank on ity as a stanard regulated device. Wismec seems to have stepped up a bit as far as quality. Got a Luxotic squonker myself, not this particular one but if this one is like mine it's decent.

Agree with @gsmit1 above. Be sure it is the batteries before the mod. I suggested the mod being crud only as one probability. I did so from seeing a lot of bad write ups on Smok products lately, so that may be a bias. Sometimes we all need to double check our gear and ourselves, apologies if I read as strongly suggesting ditch the mod right out.

More kits just in case.
I've read some things as well regarding Smok since all this latest "research" trying to get it working. Also called them and they said there's a 6 month warranty and after that expires they can't do anything. I was really just trying to troubleshoot but they wouldn't answer any questions. It felt like I was talking to someone who had a script and didn't know the product so it's possible someone else could have helped if I had called back. Maybe.
But no your advice was great. I am trying to get it working before moving on and I hope I don't have to yet but planning for if I do. So you're just answering all of my questions at once. Really appreciate it. The suggested kits are so helpful. Will look into it as well. Thanks so much!

You can call it ejuice or simply juice around other vapers. Please though don't call it oil. We try vigilantly to not use any form of oils. So calling it that is not good. Safety wise any good regulated device ought to keep you reasonably safe. :)
oil sounds terrible. ejuice it is :) thank you!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you do end up needing batteries, 18650batterystore.com has Molicel P26A 18650 batteries for $4.99 each, and shipping is $4.81 to my location.

I started using them because it pisses me off to pay $7 for shipping for a couple of batteries. They ship pretty quickly, too.

For a mod or kit, take a look at the website for Cheap Vaping Deals (cheapvaping.deals). On the right side of the screen there's a box that says "Hardware Deals," you can click there and it will take you to a screen that shows a whole list of various mods and kits. Just try to stick with the deals that say (USA) so delivery won't take forever (that is, if you're in the USA).

I've found some incredible deals through CVD over the years. Just see if there's anything there that looks good to ya.

If you do end up needing batteries, 18650batterystore.com has Molicel P26A 18650 batteries for $4.99 each, and shipping is $4.81 to my location.

I started using them because it pisses me off to pay $7 for shipping for a couple of batteries. They ship pretty quickly, too.

For a mod or kit, take a look at the website for Cheap Vaping Deals (cheapvaping.deals). On the right side of the screen there's a box that says "Hardware Deals," you can click there and it will take you to a screen that shows a whole list of various mods and kits. Just try to stick with the deals that say (USA) so delivery won't take forever (that is, if you're in the USA).

I've found some incredible deals through CVD over the years. Just see if there's anything there that looks good to ya.
GREAT! So I'm going to test new batteries and pray it works. If it does then I can check on the motherboard/slash mold question. If it doesn't work I will search the cheap vaping deals. Thanks for the Hardware Deals guidance and details. There's always something I didn't know to ask, so many thanks!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

May need to switch where I get batteries. I've still not gotten the Molicells I got two weeks ago. It's funny because a Slow Tech order has already arribed, ahead of an order of batteries here in the US. May need to open a PayPal ticket to cancel my latest order from IMR. *sighs* First I've ever had any issues.

May need to switch where I get batteries. I've still not gotten the Molicells I got two weeks ago. It's funny because a Slow Tech order has already arribed, ahead of an order of batteries here in the US. May need to open a PayPal ticket to cancel my latest order from IMR. *sighs* First I've ever had any issues.
Hopefully a one-off situation. the simple things that make your life easier- it's a bummer if it stops working .

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hopefully a one-off situation. the simple things that make your life easier- it's a bummer if it stops working .

I'm thinking it has to do with nasty virus running lose currently. Maybe USPS is short drivers or, processors because some are out sick. I check the tracking it says in transit, arriving late. So, a very ambiguous status.

Being a writer of fiction I could easily speculate all kinds of story possibilities from that. :)

The Dread
by Preston W. Earnest
Copyright July 23rd, 2020

"In transit, arriving late," the text message from my wife read. I was not sure if she had run into an accident, maybe she was abducted by aliens. That seems to happen. Another thing I needed to consider living in West Virginia and forty five minutes from Point Pleasant, the Moth-man may be causing her lateness.

I recall my past encounter with the Moth-man, chills slide down my spine. The couch breaks my backward fall, I'm nothing but a pile of quivering putty. As if on cue, the lights in the house flicker. My eyes blank out from the rapid flickering, I hear a slow creaking noise off to the right.

Into our living room walks my wife. "Hey, got home sooner than I expected," she says. I get up from the couch as I find my spine. She moves close to me and the lights have stopped flickering. We embrace and kiss for a moment. It's then in looking over her shoulder I notice the leathery wings folded into her back.

"No! You need to leave us alone," I growl out. The Moth-man takes a swing at me, I reel and everything fades to a somber blackness.

I hear him whisper in my ear as I lay on the floor, "Nobody bothers you in the country."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sample / Seed End ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yes, this is written off the cuff, on the fly and a rough draft only. If you like reading this kind of stuff you might consider "pm-ing" me and arranging to be beta reader. All I ask is honest feedback, possibly critique of my writing. Not yet published but I figure to soon get there. Please understand too, I don't exist. *chuckles* No, seriously I don't exist, only the pseudonyms exist. I don't want fame, just to keep writing and making some revenue possibly, write, write, revise, revise, revise, send out, repeat. Beta reader offer open to any forum member unless you're on my ignore list.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How much can you spend on a kit? And are you wanting to vape sub ohm or maybe vape high mg salts?

For cheap sub ohm try looking for a Smok Nord AIO 19 or 22. It will last until you can get something better and keep you from smoking. The kit should be about $30 tops! Cheaper on sale.

If you’ve got a bit more cash, maybe look at a Freemax Twister. It’s VW, and has a good Fire Luke 2 tank. Nice sub tank and good vape, imho.

You can MTL with the Nord AIOs with the 1.4 ohm coils they’ve got, btw. In case you don’t want clouds.

Good luck, and give it a go. Try not to smoke when you get a vape setup going!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

It’s funny how we VU women have to step in sometimes and restore order! :giggle:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

We especially avoid oils after the dread vaping disease that affected those kids!!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm thinking it has to do with nasty virus running lose currently. Maybe USPS is short drivers or, processors because some are out sick. I check the tracking it says in transit, arriving late. So, a very ambiguous status.

Being a writer of fiction I could easily speculate all kinds of story possibilities from that. :)

The Dread
by Preston W. Earnest

"In transit, arriving late," the text message from my wife read. I was not sure if she had run into an accident, maybe she was abducted by aliens. That seems to happen. Another thing I needed to consider living in West Virginia and forty five minutes from Point Pleasant, the Moth-man may be causing her lateness.

I recall my past encounter with the Moth-man, chills slide down my spine. The couch breaks my backward fall, I'm nothing but a pile of quivering putty. As if on cue, the lights in the house flicker. My eyes blank out from the rapid flickering, I hear a slow creaking noise off to the right.

Into our living room walks my wife. "Hey, got home sooner than I expected," she says. I get up from the couch as I find my spine. She moves close to me and the lights have stopped flickering. We embrace and kiss for a moment. It's then in looking over her shoulder I notice the leathery wings folded into her back.

"No! You need to leave us alone," I growl out. The Moth-man takes a swing at me, I reel and everything fades to a somber blackness.

I hear him whisper in my ear as I lay on the floor, "Nobody bothers you in the country."

And yes, this is written off the cuff, on the fly and a rough draft only. If you like reading this kind of stuff you might consider "pm-ing" me and arranging to be beta reader. All I ask is honest feedback, possibly critique of my writing. Not yet published but I figure to soon get there. Please understand too, I don't exist. *chuckles* No, seriously I don't exist, only the pseudonyms exist. I don't want fame, just to keep writing and making some revenue possibly, write, write, revise, revise, revise, send out, repeat. Beta reader offer open to any forum member unless you're on my ignore list.

Are you calling your Lady Wife the Mothman??

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's a decent dual 18650 regulated mod. It comes with a tank, but you don't have to use this tank if you don't want... just I don't think you'll find a better deal for a dual 18650 regulated mod anywhere:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's a decent dual 18650 regulated mod. It comes with a tank, but you don't have to use this tank if you don't want... just I don't think you'll find a better deal for a dual 18650 regulated mod anywhere:

Nice to know you didn’t disappear after being called sizzling and dark by Mist.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are you calling your Lady Wife the Mothman??

Well, only fictionally. Though hilariously in reality she noted she was runing late last night in getting home from around Charleston. Her and her sis have been working in temp government jobs there. There's hope these temp spots land them full time ones. Anyway, talk of art mirroring life and vise versa with her being late, last night. *chuckles* She had read this and then told me she would be late. Did I check for wings? Hm, you betcha! *lol*

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
oil sounds terrible. ejuice it is :) thank you!

The only people who call juice “oil” are either brand new vapers, or millenials who are vaping THC cartridges!

Regular vapers just call it juice or ejuice, or even eliquid.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And you’re such a battery expert, too!! Let’s hope nothing vented from your mechs, or anywhere else painful...
I'm not really a battery expert. Pretty much everything I know about batteries I learned from Mooch, albeit I did spend months trying to digest all the important stuff... I take battery safety very seriously, and, no, I haven't vented a battery, but that doesn't also mean it can't happen. When you vape on Li-ion rechargeable typical round cells, you need to be aware of the fact you are accepting a certain risk level, regardless of whether you use a mech or regulated mod. The biggest risk comes not from using a mech, but from not knowing and/or not understanding the risks, be it due to misinformation, ignorance, or the combination of both. With a mech, IMO knowing how to─in the possible event that it starts to auto-fire on you─calmly disarm your mech in a safe manner as a result from having familiarized yourself with the mechanics inside and out is more important than building coils to conservative high ohms, at least if you also know to prevent the battery from ever getting more than just a little bit warm. The "if" part of that equation is fairly similar to knowing to keep your car from sliding down a cliff. I am genuinely more worried about regulated mod users who use batteries with torn battery wraps and/or who store loose batteries in their pocket, together with some loose change and a set of keys. The simple fact regulated mods have built-in safety protection features, doesn't make them safe.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not really a battery expert. Pretty much everything I know about batteries I learned from Mooch, albeit I did spend months trying to digest all the important stuff... I take battery safety very seriously, and, no, I haven't vented a battery, but that doesn't also mean it can't happen. When you vape on Li-ion rechargeable typical round cells, you need to be aware of the fact you are accepting a certain risk level, regardless of whether you use a mech or regulated mod. The biggest risk comes not from using a mech, but from not knowing and/or not understanding the risks, be it due to misinformation, ignorance, or the combination of both. With a mech, IMO knowing how to─in the possible event that it starts to auto-fire on you─calmly disarm your mech in a safe manner as a result from having familiarized yourself with the mechanics inside and out is more important than building coils to conservative high ohms, at least if you also know to prevent the battery from ever getting more than just a little bit warm. The "if" part of that equation is fairly similar to knowing to keep your car from sliding down a cliff. I am genuinely more worried about regulated mod users who use batteries with torn battery wraps and/or who store loose batteries in their pocket, together with some loose change and a set of keys. The simple fact regulated mods have built-in safety protection features, doesn't make them safe.

Compared to me, you’re pretty expert. Which is why I use regulated mods, even though some of them are annoying when they go down to half power. But that only means that the battery needs charging, so I appreciate the protection.

Have a good weekend, if I don’t see you here!
giphy.gif

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I took it to the vape store where I bought it,
I don't mean to come off the wrong way and this is certainty not universally true, but the fact that somebody works in, or even owns a vape shop means literally nothing by itself.

You will find far more reliable knowledge on this forum than in most vape shops. That's no attack upon the shops out there. They're tring to make an honest (in most cases) buck, but in a few months of hanging around here a couple years ago, I learned far more than anybody in a shop I've ever met. I live in a major metro area and have been in quite a few.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You will find far more reliable knowledge on this forum than in most vape shops. That's no attack upon the shops out there. They're tring to make an honest (in most cases) buck, but in a few months of hanging around here a couple years ago, I learned far more than anybody in a shop I've ever met. I live in a major metro area and have been in quite a few.

I'm in full agreement. Used to visit another forum before coming here. Yes there was knowledge there as well. You needed to be part of some clique, or another there to access the knowledge though. Here it's open for everyone. And people here will gladly share what they know from experience, or from what they've read or learned about.

Local vape shops here are of the "well, we got shops" variety as in you the user got no clue. They expect you to rely on them for their seeming godliness. In a month of being on the other site I had learned what the shops knew, a month here and I was starting to play with mixing my own juice, building my own coils.

Here people are treated as adults regarding vaping. That means you'll be given good advice safety wise but told "go do it for yourself." We don't believe in "holy wars" where this brand or that is "better". No, we believe in you being adult enough to find what you like and having that be what's right for you.

On that note I apologize again too. I was not meaning to belittle the choice of Smok products. I myself used to use their Evod style tanks, which did quite well and probably still do for what they are. That noted I've since moved on to other gear that works just as good if not better imho for myself. That does not let me say Smok products are a "bad" choice.

I was not saying it to say it though. What I've seen indicates they're dropping in quality generally. To me as a consumer that means I keep my business with other brands and I try steering others there too.

Why? Well, we live in an age where we vote with our money. A company starts losing money over quality control issues, they might realize a need to up the quality control game. If not that's on them.

All that known I'm not going to push anyone to do anything but vape the way they find suits themselves. That is their "right" and "best" way to do it. That is also the adult way to approach vaping.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't mean to come off the wrong way and this is certainty not universally true, but the fact that somebody works in, or even owns a vape shop means literally nothing by itself.

I guess I got extremely lucky. My go to B&M store is being run by staunch mech users who were making their own 27/36 Ni80 5-wrap alien coils even before m.terk decided to change his spec from 38g to 36g on those babies. ?

The Dread
by Preston W. Earnest

Well, I hope you got your batteries and they were not abducted by aliens or the dreaded moth-man. Would love to read more. Writing is so fun/hard/fun

How much can you spend on a kit? And are you wanting to vape sub ohm or maybe vape high mg salts?

For cheap sub ohm try looking for a Smok Nord AIO 19 or 22. It will last until you can get something better and keep you from smoking. The kit should be about $30 tops! Cheaper on sale.

If you’ve got a bit more cash, maybe look at a Freemax Twister. It’s VW, and has a good Fire Luke 2 tank. Nice sub tank and good vape, imho.

You can MTL with the Nord AIOs with the 1.4 ohm coils they’ve got, btw. In case you don’t want clouds.

Good luck, and give it a go. Try not to smoke when you get a vape setup going!
Definitely cheap- things are tricky these days and there is no extra cash! Also just something simple at last for now. thanks for the suggestions and encouragement :)

Any preference between that and the Wismec Luxotic https://cheapvaping.deals/wismec-luxotic-mf-box-kit-100w?
Also not sure I understand the kit vs. mod only. Is the mod just the base?

I just got home from checking another vape shop nearby to see if I could test out some batteries. I've been to 3 and none of them know what the 18650 batteries were. was also checking to see if they had anything comparable to the wismec. disappointing but I kept wishing there was someone else there to hear our conversations because I sounded like a g@ddamn expert :) you have been great coaches :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I hope you got your batteries and they were not abducted by aliens or the dreaded moth-man. Would love to read more. Writing is so fun/hard/fun

No batteries so far. Looking like a second order from Slow Tech will arrive before they do. I may need to put a stop payment on them if this continues.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got home from checking another vape shop nearby to see if I could test out some batteries. I've been to 3 and none of them know what the 18650 batteries were. was also checking to see if they had anything comparable to the wismec. disappointing but I kept wishing there was someone else there to hear our conversations because I sounded like a g@ddamn expert :) you have been great coaches :)
That's what I'm saying.
Listen, I'm not putting anybody down and I have real friends at one of the local shops here. They look to me though when a problem or a technical question comes up. It's a job and an honest days pay. At least they all know how to set somebody up who's trying to quit smoking. A lot more than I can say for some of the conversations I've heard in some other shops. Good grief.

If you want reliable information from experienced vapers, you'll get it here because for the people here it's a significant part of their lives.

That's what I'm saying.
Listen, I'm not putting anybody down and I have real friends at one of the local shops here. They look to me though when a problem or a technical question comes up. It's a job and an honest days pay. At least they all know how to set somebody up who's trying to quit smoking. A lot more than I can say for some of the conversations I've heard in some other shops. Good grief.

If you want reliable information from experienced vapers, you'll get it here because for the people here it's a significant part of their lives.
Agree and in a lot of ways it's like many other types of places where you get some people who learn the products and some who don't. And maybe the people I spoke with had a lot of knowledge in a different area of vaping. The issue I have is getting misinformed because they sort of talk around my questions. I guess it's just human nature to not want to say "I don't know" and certainly they want to sell whatever they have- business. I read a lot online when I 1st bought the smok several years ago but it was still hard to understand what I didn't know to ask, if that makes sense... VU has been so helpful and clear and I don't feel too ridiculous asking what I know are basic questions. can't thank everyone enough for spending the time helping. Also when finally get this all fixed or a new one, I should try to get a new job in a vape store!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Luxotic MF is a squonker. Haven't heard you mention that you're in the market for a squonker.

The RX Gen3 Dual is a nice bit of gear. (I have two of the kits. Nice fit and finish, tanks are quite good for vapor and flavor. The two pieces are well matched.) Later on if you decide you want to learn to build coils, you can buy a WM RBA for that Gnome King tank, then you won't have to buy factory coils for it. (An RBA is a rebuildable deck that takes the place of the factory coil. I'll see if I can find a pic of that one.)

1595961866013.png

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, and yes, kits generally come with a tank. Mod is just that - no tank. The mod is the base, where the batteries go.

Oh, and yes, kits generally come with a tank. Mod is just that - no tank. The mod is the base, where the batteries go.
Yep, no need for squonker (just learned this word :) ), but if for some reason it was less expensive and didn't have to be used for that and is easy to figure out it could be an option. so, I'm assuming the tanks are not interchangeable between brands. Like I couldn't get a new mod and use the tank from the Smok that I have?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any preference between that and the Wismec Luxotic https://cheapvaping.deals/wismec-luxotic-mf-box-kit-100w?
Also not sure I understand the kit vs. mod only. Is the mod just the base?
Yea, the mod is just the electronic device, whereas the kit is both the mod and the tank that goes on top of the mod. Personally, I, don't like squonking excepting only for those moments when I want to vape by using just one hand, which almost never happens to me so, I almost always drip on an RDA because I find it 11 times more convenient compared to squonking.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, no need for squonker (just learned this word :) ), but if for some reason it was less expensive and didn't have to be used for that and is easy to figure out it could be an option. so, I'm assuming the tanks are not interchangeable between brands. Like I couldn't get a new mod and use the tank from the Smok that I have?
Yea, the tank from your Smok will work fine on it, just like any other atomizer that has a 510 connector.

Yea, the tank from your Smok will work fine on it, just like any other atomizer that has a 510 connector.
Really?? that's so great to know. I just found a store nearish by that I'm going to walk to in the morning- they have charged 18650 batteries and said they'd test my smok. From the pictures of their store I see a big variety of mods and kits although some of the names are hard to read. If you were me, assuming my smok doesn't work w/ new batteries, would you stick with the RX Gen3 Dual or is it worth checking to see if this place has something comparable. And get a new kit or just the mod? I can't remember anything about how it works, the cotton and whatever needs to be changed and when. If it's cheaper to use my tank and buy those other things I'd need or better to get a new kit. Too many questions- sorry!!!
some of the brands I see in their pics that I've been looking up are voopoo, Aspire, Pax, Orion, Vaporesso, there seem to be a lot but I can't read all of the names.

VU Sponsors