Become a Patron!

New e-juice hot with no vape...Is it me or the juice?

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello to all. I'm new to the forum and new to vaping and need some help:) A few weeks ago I purchased a set up at a vape store that seems a bit to advanced for me but here I am. I'm only using the variable wattage settings til I learn more. I've been researching many websites, forums, youtube videos and more trying to learn everything I can about about this.

I have a Reuleaux RX 200s and a Smok TFV8 tank. There's of course multiple settings on this thing but I stay with the variable wattage setting. The Smok TFV8 Octubple coil head with 3mg nicotine 80%vg juice was installed on the device prior to leaving the store. The recommended wattage is 120-180 w but that's way to much for me so I've been using it at 75 w and it's worked great. The flavor is great and the clouds are amazing but huge clouds aren't that important to me....just nicotine and density level to keep the craving of cigarettes away.

The problem started when I bought some Ripe Vapes VCT e-juice at 9mg nicotine. I cannot find the pg/vg ratio for this juice but some suggest it's at 70vg-30pg. I put this juice in my tank and lowered the wattage settings to 50w and I didn't get any vape so I upped it to 70w thinking mabye the 50w setting was too low for the type of coils and that didn't work either. I upped it to 80w and then I started getting a very small vape but it tasted/felt very hot like it was burning my mouth and lungs. The vape itself felt hot temperature wise on my mouth and then felt like a burning sensation in my lungs. The vape cloud was nothing like with the 3mg juice that was in it before. This vape cloud was like what you would get on one of those gas station small stick cigarette looking ones.
  • Does this level of nicotine cause a burning feeling or is this level of nicotine too much or burn to hot for the type of tank I have?
  • Since the Smoke TFV8 recommended wattage is 120-180w could that be the problem and trying it at 50-80w too low I need to up the wattage? I don't think there's anyway I could vape this at the recommended settings.
  • Why little or no vape cloud when changing to the 9mg juice?
The 3mg nicotine didn't seem like enough to keep the craving of cigarettes away but this 9mg taste great but is tooooo freaking hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most people say (and it's true for me) that higher nic is harsher than lower. Personally, I'm down to 1mg now and I was a 2-pack-a-day smoker for over 40 years. I started out on a small Ego type device with 18-24mg juice, but still had cravings. Once I got a mod and tank I could sub-ohm on and do direct lung hits, all of a sudden, I found the nic! LOL! I was at 6mg nic and it was blowing my brains out my ears! I kept going down and down, and finally I've settled on 1mg. If I vape all day, I'll STILL get the racing heartbeat from too much nic even at that low level, and my tank isn't nearly as advanced as yours is. I'm just running single wire dual coils at about .5 to .7 ohms on average (I have a bunch of tanks). The highest wattage I've been able to handle on my RX200 with a Boreas tank was 85 watts, and it was too hot for me, so I settled at 65 and that seems about perfect. Maybe you need different coils, so you don't have to run your wattage so high. I know everyone is different, and has different nic needs, but that's my experience, anyway. (I'm an old lady, so take all that with a grain of salt. ;))

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You might need a new coil in it. Once a coil gets gunked up from use you will be burning the gunk on the coil while you vape, and it will taste harsh and produce less vapor. If you've been using that same coil for a couple of weeks it is probably that, especially if you are using a sweet liquid.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have that tank so I can't comment on that but going from 3mg nic to 9mg will be harsher also If the new liquid is a higher PG than the other liquid you will get a harsher hit from more pg. I DIY and make 75 VG at 3mg nic. I made some straight PG at 9mg nic and man is it harsh

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most people say (and it's true for me) that higher nic is harsher than lower. Personally, I'm down to 1mg now and I was a 2-pack-a-day smoker for over 40 years. I started out on a small Ego type device with 18-24mg juice, but still had cravings. Once I got a mod and tank I could sub-ohm on and do direct lung hits, all of a sudden, I found the nic! LOL! I was at 6mg nic and it was blowing my brains out my ears! I kept going down and down, and finally I've settled on 1mg. If I vape all day, I'll STILL get the racing heartbeat from too much nic even at that low level, and my tank isn't nearly as advanced as yours is. I'm just running single wire dual coils at about .5 to .7 ohms on average (I have a bunch of tanks). The highest wattage I've been able to handle on my RX200 with a Boreas tank was 85 watts, and it was too hot for me, so I settled at 65 and that seems about perfect. Maybe you need different coils, so you don't have to run your wattage so high. I know everyone is different, and has different nic needs, but that's my experience, anyway. (I'm an old lady, so take all that with a grain of salt. ;))

Thanks for the response:) Yeah I was wondering if I needed to get some different coils since these Smok TFV8 coils have to be used at higher wattage to even get them to work. I'm just not sure why one juice the 3mg nicotine (80 vg/20 pg) produces much different vape and clouds than the 9mg nicotine (70vg-30pg). I'm still learning all this stuff;) lol

Last edited:

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might need a new coil in it. Once a coil gets gunked up from use you will be burning the gunk on the coil while you vape, and it will taste harsh and produce less vapor. If you've been using that same coil for a couple of weeks it is probably that, especially if you are using a sweet liquid.

Thanks for the help:) I thought I may need to change the coils too but what threw me off is I took out the Ripe Vapes 9mg nic and replaced it back with the Fro Yo 3mg nic that was given at purchase and it works just fine with the 3mg. Only that Ripe Vapes 9mg juice. I even mixed the two but the tank basically quits producing any vape with the Ripe Vapes 9mg juice. Mabye this juice just doesn't work well with the Smok TFV8 coils since these coils won't even work unless your over 50w.

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have that tank so I can't comment on that but going from 3mg nic to 9mg will be harsher also If the new liquid is a higher PG than the other liquid you will get a harsher hit from more pg. I DIY and make 75 VG at 3mg nic. I made some straight PG at 9mg nic and man is it harsh

LOL...yeah it sure is harsh at 9mg nic...but it's like the vape stops too. Best way to describe it is I get more smoke/cloud from a regular cigarette than I do when i put the Ripe Vapes 9mg nic juice (70vg-30pg) in there! ;)

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
VG produces more vapor, PG is a flavor carrier and increases throat hit. That being said, the difference between 70 and 80 % VG isn't significant and shouldn't produce a very noticeable difference in the amount of vapor. Some flavors are harsher than others so that could account for some of the harshness, as well as the higher level of nicotine. Some vendors dilute their VG so that could play a roll in the vapor loss. All of that aside, if you're vaping at 75 watts you would probably have a better experience with a coil designed for 75 watts but perhaps that second juice you got isn't a very good product.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
does this 9mg juice have a more watery look to it?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VG produces more vapor, PG is a flavor carrier and increases throat hit. That being said, the difference between 70 and 80 % VG isn't significant and shouldn't produce a very noticeable difference in the amount of vapor. Some flavors are harsher than others so that could account for some of the harshness, as well as the higher level of nicotine. Some vendors dilute their VG so that could play a roll in the vapor loss. All of that aside, if you're vaping at 75 watts you would probably have a better experience with a coil designed for 75 watts but perhaps that second juice you got isn't a very good product.

Thank You:) Yeah it must be something with the mixture of this new juice. Ripe Vapes does not disclose their vg/pg ratio...they say it's a secret but I've seen where reviews have suggested its 70vg/30pg..but it's highly rated by users and does taste great but cost higher than some at $20+ for 30ml...just hot in this particular tank I guess. The Smok TFV8 Octuple coils are huge coils and have 8 pre-installed coils rated at 50w-260w but suggested to use at 120w-180w which is way to high for me. I actually have to run it at 70w-75w to even get the coils to heat up and produce a vape. At 50w it does very little and at anything over 90w it produces a crazy smoke cloud that I could enter cloud chasing contest with!:):)

Mabye this ejuice burns too hot with the type of output for the size tank I have. It won't burn this particular juice at anything lower than 70w which is also below the suggested use for these types of coils. I don't know for sure but that may be the issue. I'm still learning but I bought a Smok Stick One Plus to use when out and it has smaller coils with a 60w max if I remember correctly. That may work better with this juice but idk;)

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
does this 9mg juice have a more watery look to it?

Actually yes...it's no where near as thick as the fro yo 3ml nic juice. I noticed it's not as thick as the Halo Tribeca juice either which is a 70vg-30pg blend. Ripe Vapes does not give the exact pg/vg levels on their juice but say its a secret. Several forums and reviews I've read on best rated flavors for e-juice suggest its 70vg.30pg but who knows. lol...

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Smok TFV8 Octuple coils are huge coils and have 8 pre-installed coils rated at 50w-260w but suggested to use at 120w-180w which is way to high for me. I actually have to run it at 70w-75w to even get the coils to heat up and produce a vape. At 50w it does very little and at anything over 90w it produces a crazy smoke cloud that I could enter cloud chasing contest with!
The way wattage works in multiple coil setups is it gets spit between each coil. Meaning, a .5 ohm dual coil build at 50 watts is actually 2 1 ohm coils simultaneously running at 25 watts each. You have 8 coils in there so assuming it's a .2 ohm setup that would be 8 1.6 ohm coils. If you were vaping it at 80 watts that would be 10 watts per each 1.6 ohm coil. That's a little low. Generally speaking, I would vape a 1.6 ohm coil at about 15 to 20 watts depending on the tank, but that's just my style. If you can get a quad, or even better yet a dual coil replacement for that tank you would probably like it a lot better in the 70 to 80 watt range.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
id just toss it and vape something better. its probably a mixture of like juice being too thin, gunky coil and not enough power to the coil heads.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The way wattage works in multiple coil setups is it gets spit between each coil. Meaning, a .5 ohm dual coil build at 50 watts is actually 2 1 ohm coils simultaneously running at 25 watts each. You have 8 coils in there so assuming it's a .2 ohm setup that would be 8 1.6 ohm coils. If you were vaping it at 80 watts that would be 10 watts per each 1.6 ohm coil. That's a little low. Generally speaking, I would vape a 1.6 ohm coil at about 15 to 20 watts depending on the tank, but that's just my style. If you can get a quad, or even better yet a dual coil replacement for that tank you would probably like it a lot better in the 70 to 80 watt range.
Honestly, the T-8 coil is really 4 coils, I don't get where smok says they are 8 coils. I made a thread about it yesterday. Still an amazing tank though

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, is it possible that since it's harsher with the 9mg juice that you're just not inhaling as deep? Or for a shorter time maybe? Also, yeah, if the juice is thin and possibly watered down (WTH do they mean "it's a SECRET"), it won't make as much vapor. If your wicks are oversaturated, that will also make slightly less vapor (but lots of crackling). I don't know the answer, just tossing out a couple of ideas...

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thank You! The tank came with a few extra coils.... a Quad coil and a RBA coil. I'm getting ready to replace the coil and will try the Quad and see how that does. I think that may work much better:)

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, is it possible that since it's harsher with the 9mg juice that you're just not inhaling as deep? Or for a shorter time maybe? Also, yeah, if the juice is thin and possibly watered down (WTH do they mean "it's a SECRET"), it won't make as much vapor. If your wicks are oversaturated, that will also make slightly less vapor (but lots of crackling). I don't know the answer, just tossing out a couple of ideas...

LOL...yeah the Ripe Vapes juice does not state the exact pg/vg ratio but states most juices are 25pg/75vg but there are no specifics listed for each flavor on their website. I read a review on Spinefuel website about Ripe Vapes juice and this is quote from the site:

"Size: Ripe Vapes currently offers one size, 30ML glass bottles with glass dropper.
PG/VG – the ratios used in these formulas are kept secret, or at least I can’t find any information on them. The eLiquid is thick, smells great, and it sort of glistens."

I do get a lot of crackling too. It just seems so very odd to me to add this liquid and get a completely different vape (actually no vape at all) than the 80vg/20pg I was using. I can't even breathe/vape it in hard enough to produce a vape. It's 100% different than the juice I did have in it. It does seem like it's oversaturated because I can pull juice up in my mouth but no vape. Just weird. I even put two dropper of this juice in with my old juice and the vape decreased. I guess this type of juice is just too thin for my coils or something.:huh:

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly, the T-8 coil is really 4 coils, I don't get where smok says they are 8 coils. I made a thread about it yesterday. Still an amazing tank though

Haha,,yeah I wondered the same thing cause I only see 4 but then again I figured I don't know much about all of this yet and still learning. I thought mabye 4 more were hid under the others. :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Haha,,yeah I wondered the same thing cause I only see 4 but then again I figured I don't know much about all of this yet and still learning. I thought maybe 4 more were hid under the others. :)
I thought it migh have been 4 parallel coils which could be considered 8, but i took it completely apart and there was only 4 coils in there for sure. and i'm pretty sure the Q4 (4 coil one) is just 1 parallel coil which is basically 2. Doesn't really bother me since the tank is amazing and I love it, I just like to dissect and know stuff.

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
id just toss it and vape something better. its probably a mixture of like juice being too thin, gunky coil and not enough power to the coil heads.

I actually like the taste since I've had the opportunity to get plenty in my mouth trying to vape it and it's a bit costly at $25 for 30ml bottle.:) I think the juice may be too thin for the wattage i'm trying to use it on. My mod does 200w and my tank up to 180w but anything more than 90w is way to high/hot for me with this juice. It's fine with my other juice but not this one. I didn't think such a small difference of 10%pg between the two bottles would be much different but i sure was wrong about that! I agree that it must contain water or something since everything else is fine.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I actually like the taste since I've had the opportunity to get plenty in my mouth trying to vape it and it's a bit costly at $25 for 30ml bottle.:) I think the juice may be too thin for the wattage i'm trying to use it on. My mod does 200w and my tank up to 180w but anything more than 90w is way to high/hot for me with this juice. It's fine with my other juice but not this one. I didn't think such a small difference of 10%pg between the two bottles would be much different but i sure was wrong about that! I agree that it must contain water or something since everything else is fine.

this pier line from this site has really good tasting juice for cheap thesaucela.com
only 4 flavors to choose from but the caramel waffle cappuccino is amazing and tropical blast is pretty dam good as well. 26 bucks for 2 120ml bottles shipped (13 bucks per 120ml bottle) and they are a member on this site.

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought it migh have been 4 parallel coils which could be considered 8, but i took it completely apart and there was only 4 coils in there for sure. and i'm pretty sure the Q4 (4 coil one) is just 1 parallel coil which is basically 2. Doesn't really bother me since the tank is amazing and I love it, I just like to dissect and know stuff.

LOL..yeah I thought the Octuple coils was the Quad 4 because of the 4 coils I seen and I kept wondering where the 8 was! I just blew it off that I was completely clueless about the set up until I started researching last week after I got my setup and ordered more replacement coils.;) Yeah the tank is amazing and works great and still keeps flavor. I just can't understand why the new juice acts so different in the tank with just a difference of 10% in pg between the two juices.:huh:

Last edited:

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
this pier line from this site has really good tasting juice for cheap thesaucela.com
only 4 flavors to choose from but the caramel waffle cappuccino is amazing and tropical blast is pretty dam good as well. 26 bucks for 2 120ml bottles shipped (13 bucks per 120ml bottle) and they are a member on this site.

That sounds yummy:) Thanks! I will have to check them out:)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
LOL..yeah I thought the Octuple coils was the Quad 4 because of the 4 coils I seen and I kept wondering where the 8 was! I just blew it off that I was completely clueless about the set up until I started researching last week after I got my setup and ordered more replacement coils.;) Yeah the tank is amazing and works great and still keeps flavor. I just can't understand why the new juice acts so different in the tank with just a difference of 10mg in pg between the two juices.:huh:
it really shouldn't. maybe you just got a bad batch of juice? the smok tank has big enough wicking holes to handle max VG juice easily.

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it really shouldn't. maybe you just got a bad batch of juice? the smok tank has big enough wicking holes to handle max VG juice easily.

Yeah mabye it's something with the juice. It's seems much more thin/liquidy/ ( i know that's not a word but wth) than my other. The only difference is this one is 70vg/30pg and my old one 80vg/20pg. It's almost like the new liquid comes right through the coils and through the drip tip without a chance to vaporize if that makes sense. Almost like I'm vaping dry hits but sucking up liquid.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah mabye it's something with the juice. It's seems much more thin/liquidy/ ( i know that's not a word but wth) than my other. The only difference is this one is 70vg/30pg and my old one 80vg/20pg. It's almost like the new liquid comes right through the coils and through the drip tip without a chance to vaporize if that makes sense. Almost like I'm vaping dry hits but sucking up liquid.

the 10% shouldn't make that much of a difference to be honest, a little thinner yeah, but not a lot

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree, 10% difference shouldn't be THAT much different. I think you got a bad batch or there's something else going on that we haven't hit upon yet. I guess if it was me, I'd prolly just pour that over some ice cream and enjoy it that way. ;) No, wait, too much nic! LOL! I guess I'd pour a LITTLE bit over ice cream and enjoy it that way. And then not buy that particular flavor again. Or better yet, see if there's a clone recipe for it somewhere and make your own, to your specifications. :)

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't have that tank so can't make a comment about it. About the juice... Thinner juice will be a sign of higher percentage of PG or water added to the juice. PG make very harsh Vape for me so I avoid it as much as possible, and idea of car coolant being in my juice just doesn't fly well.
"Cracking" sound is usually sign of water in the juice but it can be that wattage is too low as well.
Thumb of rule for me at least is that higher wattage equal to less nic consumption. Stopped smoking with KAyfun at 35watt and 12mg nic and ended with Kennedy at 150-200watt and 3mg nic.
It is easy to make your own juice so you know what it is, indefinite choice of flavor combos and great recipes with a lots of knowledgeable people here on a subforum.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't have that tank so can't make a comment about it. About the juice... Thinner juice will be a sign of higher percentage of PG or water added to the juice. PG make very harsh Vape for me so I avoid it as much as possible, and idea of car coolant being in my juice just doesn't fly well.
"Cracking" sound is usually sign of water in the juice but it can be that wattage is too low as well.
Thumb of rule for me at least is that higher wattage equal to less nic consumption. Stopped smoking with KAyfun at 35watt and 12mg nic and ended with Kennedy at 150-200watt and 3mg nic.
It is easy to make your own juice so you know what it is, indefinite choice of flavor combos and great recipes with a lots of knowledgeable people here on a subforum.
Propylene glycol is probably the safest of all ingredients in e-liquid. It has an extensive and exhaustive history, including as an inhalant, and is used in more products (for consumption AND inhalation) than you can possibly imagine. It is also used in soaps and hair care products, cosmetics, toothpaste, and so on. Further, anti-freeze is mostly NOT Propylene glycol, but rather Ethylene glycol, unless you're using the "non-toxic" antifreeze in your car. While it can act as an irritant to some, and some are even legitimately allergic to it (they can't use most store bought health care products, foods such as ice cream, etc.), it's probably one of the safest compounds we intake on a daily basis.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What I had put in a truck last time was made off PG. Thank you for info, but I don't believe into any Government/ big pharma/ corporate research being beneficial for general population.
I don't recommend it since it taste bad(personal opinion) when you Vape it, and my lungs don't like it. I brought it up for different reasons although, it makes Vape harsh (throat hit) which was one of the complaints in the original post.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's not a matter of belief. Science is based on fact, religion is based on belief. No matter how you feel about any given institution, repeatable experiments are repeatable experiments, thus facts and truth. BTW, the toothpaste you used today? Read the label.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am aware of presence of PG in every day products. Not arguing with you, if you like it keep on hitting it and enjoy. That's the beauty of Vape, we can pick up what we like. I guess I'll have to take back "I do not believe " . Proper way to say it would be "I do not trust..." Please don't be bent out of shape, we have different opinions, that's all. I am positive that you will find plenty of people here that will agree with you, and follow your opinions. That's fine as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, not bent out of shape at all. Like any forum I've belonged to, I kind of don't like seeing misinformation, especially when newcomers can see it. PG adds throat hit, thins juice, and is a better flavor carrier than VG. PG being a "problem" is not a matter of opnion, it's not a problem, fact, unless you're allergic to it. Preference is another matter.

FWIW, I'm mixing with a 20/80 base, although it did take me some time to grow accustomed to the cloying nature of high VG juice, I prefer it now.

What the OP is describing sounds more like dry hitting OR too high nic level. And, OP, yes, 9mg is too high for sub-ohming, generally speaking. But, especially considering the tank, it's definitely too high, even for a new vaper. The TFV8, when it works, burns through a ton of juice and produces a lot of vapor, so lower nic, you'll still get the equivalent in a few hits that you would from a 12mg cig-a-like in an hour or more.

With the above said with regards to nic level, it may just be the tank. I have this very same set up with this very same problem. Some have suggested trying the quad coil, which I have not done yet. But, every octuple coil I've put in there has been the same. Dry hits, inconsistent performance from hit to hit, spitback, huge drops, lots of vapor, no vapor. I've tried everything from low (40-50) to high (100+) wattage and the sweet spot for most consistent performance seems to be around 80W. BUT, it's still not consistent enough and it still produces those hot choking clouds with huge droplets on some hits.

My advice? Try a different tank. You can use Vapecrawler.com to find your best price from US vendors and get a Cleito, Toptank, Protank 4, Melo III, or similar to you by mid next week for probably under $20. I know a lot of people love the TFV8. I've had nothing but problems with it and it is now sitting empty. I see it kind of like the chubby nerd sitting on the bench at competitive soccer. If someone gets hurt, and there's no one else, I'll put him in.

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, not bent out of shape at all. Like any forum I've belonged to, I kind of don't like seeing misinformation, especially when newcomers can see it. PG adds throat hit, thins juice, and is a better flavor carrier than VG. PG being a "problem" is not a matter of opnion, it's not a problem, fact, unless you're allergic to it. Preference is another matter.

FWIW, I'm mixing with a 20/80 base, although it did take me some time to grow accustomed to the cloying nature of high VG juice, I prefer it now.

What the OP is describing sounds more like dry hitting OR too high nic level. And, OP, yes, 9mg is too high for sub-ohming, generally speaking. But, especially considering the tank, it's definitely too high, even for a new vaper. The TFV8, when it works, burns through a ton of juice and produces a lot of vapor, so lower nic, you'll still get the equivalent in a few hits that you would from a 12mg cig-a-like in an hour or more.

With the above said with regards to nic level, it may just be the tank. I have this very same set up with this very same problem. Some have suggested trying the quad coil, which I have not done yet. But, every octuple coil I've put in there has been the same. Dry hits, inconsistent performance from hit to hit, spitback, huge drops, lots of vapor, no vapor. I've tried everything from low (40-50) to high (100+) wattage and the sweet spot for most consistent performance seems to be around 80W. BUT, it's still not consistent enough and it still produces those hot choking clouds with huge droplets on some hits.

My advice? Try a different tank. You can use Vapecrawler.com to find your best price from US vendors and get a Cleito, Toptank, Protank 4, Melo III, or similar to you by mid next week for probably under $20. I know a lot of people love the TFV8. I've had nothing but problems with it and it is now sitting empty. I see it kind of like the chubby nerd sitting on the bench at competitive soccer. If someone gets hurt, and there's no one else, I'll put him in.

Thanks for the info:) I agree that I think the 9mg nic is too high for the type of tank I have. I also use mine right at 75w with 80w being the best setting with this tank. This particular juice just doesn't work with this size tank. I ordered a Smok Stick One Plus with the TVF4 mico coils to have a more portable set up to carry out and it arrived today. I used this 9mg juice in the new tank and it did work much better with the smaller coils but still had a little bit of a burn when vaped but it was nothing like what type of vape came from the TVF8 coils. So through trial and error with different set ups it seems to be this is just a thinner type juice and of course more nic which does not vape well at all with the tVF8 coils.:)

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello to all. I'm new to the forum and new to vaping and need some help:) A few weeks ago I purchased a set up at a vape store that seems a bit to advanced for me but here I am. I'm only using the variable wattage settings til I learn more. I've been researching many websites, forums, youtube videos and more trying to learn everything I can about about this.

I have a Reuleaux RX 200s and a Smok TFV8 tank. There's of course multiple settings on this thing but I stay with the variable wattage setting. The Smok TFV8 Octubple coil head with 3mg nicotine 80%vg juice was installed on the device prior to leaving the store. The recommended wattage is 120-180 w but that's way to much for me so I've been using it at 75 w and it's worked great. The flavor is great and the clouds are amazing but huge clouds aren't that important to me....just nicotine and density level to keep the craving of cigarettes away.

The problem started when I bought some Ripe Vapes VCT e-juice at 9mg nicotine. I cannot find the pg/vg ratio for this juice but some suggest it's at 70vg-30pg. I put this juice in my tank and lowered the wattage settings to 50w and I didn't get any vape so I upped it to 70w thinking mabye the 50w setting was too low for the type of coils and that didn't work either. I upped it to 80w and then I started getting a very small vape but it tasted/felt very hot like it was burning my mouth and lungs. The vape itself felt hot temperature wise on my mouth and then felt like a burning sensation in my lungs. The vape cloud was nothing like with the 3mg juice that was in it before. This vape cloud was like what you would get on one of those gas station small stick cigarette looking ones.
  • Does this level of nicotine cause a burning feeling or is this level of nicotine too much or burn to hot for the type of tank I have?
  • Since the Smoke TFV8 recommended wattage is 120-180w could that be the problem and trying it at 50-80w too low I need to up the wattage? I don't think there's anyway I could vape this at the recommended settings.
  • Why little or no vape cloud when changing to the 9mg juice?
The 3mg nicotine didn't seem like enough to keep the craving of cigarettes away but this 9mg taste great but is tooooo freaking hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

THANK YOU to everyone for all the comments and information on my post.:):) After trial and error with suggestions and info in the comments there are a few things that I have found must be the problem.
  • The new 9mg nic juice 70vg-30pg seemed to be more watery than my others causing it to burn much differently than my old 3mg nic 80vg-20pg juice...even though there's very little difference in the vg/pg ratio. My old juice is much thicker than this new 9mg nic juice. And of course the nic level is higher.
  • The new 9mg nic juice just doesn't burn well with the TFV8 coils. I have to set the wattage way up to get any vape and there's no way I can vape this stuff at high wattage.
The reason I believe this is the issue is I bought a Smok Stick One Plus with TFV4 micro coils for something smaller to carry when out and after reading all the comments I tried the new juice in my new tank and it vapes fine. It just will not vape well (at least for me) in the TFV8 tank. There is still a very slight burning feeling in my throat when vaping it but as comments suggest it must be the higher nic level.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP:):):bliss:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There's actually quite a bit of difference between 20/80 and 30/70, very noticeable. Some vendors don't really accurately describe the finished product. I've gotten some super thin 25/75 that seems more like 30/70 or even 40/60. I think, though I've never asked, that this is due to using the 25/75 as a premixed base, then adding the PG based nic (2.7ml) and flavor (up to 6ml) in a 30ml bottle, effectively topping off the 8.7ml with 21.3ml of 25/75 base. This would bring the final product to something more like a 50/50 mix.

VU Sponsors