Melon Rind
Pink Fruit
Rose Essence
Smoothie Base
Starch Base
Sweet & Smokey tobacco
Tequila Agave

IMG_20190302_155752.jpg

These are my starter notes for now… mind you I haven’t had these mixed longer than overnight…
I know most know me as an extremely light mixer… I can not help this… it’s the way I am built.
Last night, I thought there was something wrong with me… I really did… I emailed flv a few times… thinking and tasting most of the night… and this morning.
I really need to share my findings and see what everyone else is thinking…

I did make one post on my forum… about the bitters, I believe… but it wasn’t much into detail…
Here I go…

Melon Rind…

at 2.5% reminds me of dog hair, so don’t push this flavor!!! :p
.5% is light melon, barely taste it on a finger taste… dripper: nada…
1% is decent… start to taste it here… light melon, but can’t tell exactly which melon…
1.2% is a good middle ground… melon again…more pronounced, no honeydew…
2% is my spot, and it is still light…
I can find a few uses for it… could flesh out watermelon a bit more…

Honeydew Melon…

at 2% is not as full as cantaloupe, but it is tasty… I expect to see folks using this one from 1% up to 5%
I can not see it at 1%… what I have left of 1% is light, I think still 2% is where I am at here…
1.4% is starting to flesh out a bit… could get lost if added to cantaloupe at this point…
I took hdm to 2% and cantaloupe to .6% maybe .8% and used papaya punch at 1.2% it could be a lovely thing… its just light. waiting for it to steep…

Smoothie Base…

Last night I could have sworn, fresh mixed… there was a “pink” to this… however…
it’s lost the “pink” bit… def a light lemon taste… yogurt is in there… so no need in adding more, you would loose the smoothie base if done that way… I would suggest custards and creams… but keep them light too or smoothie will poof… at that is using it at 2%… it’s just light… so start this flavor at 2% and go up… I bet someone will use this one at 5% :p

Rose Essence:

still at 2% barely taste it… its got a sweet rose taste, but its not even in your face here… how someone could use this at 1% I give… I think out of all the flavors, this one I am really sad… I was hoping for a tequila rose… no… I’d have better luck with red raspberry and pretend it was a flower… I can not see this one gaining anything in the next few days… I hear some have been successful with it at .75%-1% but I can not see how… It could be my body chemistry, who knows??

Pink Fruit…

Yet another ultra light flavor… it’s a want to be a pink star burst so bad at least for me, but the highest I have it here is 2% and yeah no. sorry Pink fruit… It’s not me… I do not get this one at all… its just a muddled pink flavor…
I really am surprised with this one, and I hope someone else might have better luck.

Jammy Berry…

I so had high hopes for this one too… it is good… but start out at 2% and work up… it’s bound to get better… I can see this being used in all sorts of recipes… as long as you keep the rest of the flavors well below usage rates for this one to show up and party… expect to see mega high amounts of use. it could rival boysenberry… but it usage amounts of 3-5%

Cola

flat sweet cola taste at… drum roll 2% and up… I can see the citrus soda** as a huge helper with this one… it is a spot on cola… just flat… and its NOT a diet cola… there is sugar in it!! YAY!!!
Think tfa cola syrup without the bubbles… I did a mix of cola and citrus soda… 2% of each… and its really nice… 2.5% each would be better… and perhaps some cream, no higher than .6% to round things out…

Citrus Soda

Here we go… 1% and up is where I taste it, beautiful bright and bubbly… my stopping point with c soda is 2% possibly can go higher with this one, up to 2.5% solo… combined with cola… yes indeed… the missing element 2% for both… almost like a Mt Dew when used together… nice, still light… might be able to really feel it at 2.5% each…

Starch base…

If you like macaroon… you will love starch base… both are week flavors but they do come across… macaroon is a bit tastier for me… and I can taste it well at 1%, while starch base rings in at 1.6% and up to 2% and higher… they are right… there is no cream… I could see custard or van custard being used with this one… perhaps pudding… but be prepared to use Starch base from 2% to 3%… unsure if other rice based flavors can beat it…

Back Bar Bitters…

Ok from what I saw on atf… 1%… I had no thrills running down with this one… none. 2% is better… but there is no bitter…
**bitter is hard to bring out in a vape, is why we can do sour, tart, and tangy… this one tho…
there is a hint of citrus… maybe a barrel/oak type taste…
you might have better luck playing with malic or citric acid before this one… 2% reminds me of this recipe… cut way way down

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2901066/Smoky Blue's Bourbon Express

Sweet and Smoky Tobacco

This flavor… finally hint me this morning what it is… if anyone remembers Baker’s flavors Parliment… yeah… with a smoky back ground… I can taste it at 1%, 1.5% its better… but at 2% tasty… it’s not in your face here… but it is again, tasty right here… with nothing else added… I can keep a bottle of this one around… in fact… I wouldn’t add anything other than maybe some smoked butterscotch (.4%) and some fab cream at 1%…

Marshmallow Vanilla…

this one… tried at .2%, .4% .6% .8% 1% 1.2% 1.6% and 2%
mm van… is a light marshmallow, fluffy with def a french vanilla taste at 2% like a melty marshmallow… I do not pick up the marshmallow until .6% and even then it is very vague… 1% it is a marshmallow… 1.4% its a bit thicker… 1.6% the vanilla started showing up… 2% its still light… but the full flavor is recognizable… it will need steep time… roughly 3-5 days when added to anything else… better keep extra flavors in any recipe with mm van really low or you will miss the taste of it…

Brut Bubble Wine…

I like this one… I like it a lot… one of the best champagnes I have tasted to date… like Gin… it too can be strong! .4% kicks it off and 2% its a dry bubbly champagne… I can see this one used in a ton of recipes coming out… anything fruit… anything drink type that needs bubbles… yeah… Gin is the same way… minus the bubbles…

Gin…
Go super easy on this one… .2% I can taste it… .4% marks the middle of where I would use it… .8% is omg this is gin, run!!! Watch it using anything citrus with this flavor… it can increase in strength and burn nose hairs…

Black Currents…

1% I can get a hint of this… light indistinguishable berry…
2% and there it is… so average use will be from 1.5% and up to 5% in use from those that are heavy handed and cant taste anything… it is a beautiful flavor, tart immediately… def tell this is a current… a good jelly fruit… could be best buds with that jammy berry to maybe help strengthen it up a bit… both will need help.

Tequila Agave

I saved this one for last, I did… I do think 1.4% is the highest I can take this one without getting slapped upside the head! I could taste this one at .2% .4% it was waving hello… at .6% it calmed down enough to show there is def some kind of alcohol here… at .8% that citrus shine down shows up… 1% is beautiful tequila… and I do think this flavor will top my moscato and my sangria… I really think I could take the tequlia down in my recipe to 1% and call it done… it is a bit over the top at 1.4%
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2957215/Smoky Blue's Mystic Tequila Marvel

what a morning run down… Im speechless… I really am… I love the flavors… but can tell these are different from what we all are used to, coming from Flavorah… mind you again… none have steeped… other than over night… this is just my rambling thoughts… there are a few in this batch I feel are done excellent… and others… I could find subs for…

I used a profile mesh dripper, hadley, recurve, and 5 other older drippers… coils ranged from .2ohms to .5oms… watts from 35 to 80…

Again… some of us have had these flavors for less than 24 hours… some have had these flavors since at least Feb 2… there is not much at all in notes from others and only 4 other “public” recipes… Im looking for anyone else with thoughts as to the new flavors and their experiences… :slight_smile:

Happy these are out… but a bit speechless…

Last edited:

VU Sponsors