Become a Patron!

New Mod Advice

shnknr

Member For 1 Year
Hi guys,

Right to the point...
I consider buying a small 1 battery second/backup mod to use with my Siren 2 and/or Merlin Mini. I am a little short on budget and my candidates are;
-Smok AL85
-Istick Pico
-Smoant Battlestar Mini.
I tend to use TC mode if i can. (I need some help on using TC mode on on my Vaperesso Revenger with Siren 2 because it has a min. 30W wattage selection in TC mode. But thats another story...)

Which one would you advice? I am also open to suggestions on that price range.

Thanks in advance and happy vaping.

Cheers.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hiya shnknr

Lots of problems reported with the AL85 board burning out deffo worth reading up into those areas first before taking a jump

The Pico series is good however I found TC lackluster on the Istick, it’s decent for low to medium wattage vaping up to and around 50w though

Smoant tend to have good chips not tried the mini but out of those three is the one I’d be looking into for TC purposes

shnknr

Member For 1 Year
Hiya shnknr

Lots of problems reported with the AL85 board burning out deffo worth reading up into those areas first before taking a jump

The Pico series is good however I found TC lackluster on the Istick, it’s decent for low to medium wattage vaping up to and around 50w though

Smoant tend to have good chips not tried the mini but out of those three is the one I’d be looking into for TC purposes
Thanks man, appreciate your contribution to the forum and who are in need of information.

I plan using it for MTL and between 15-20W so max. wattage wouldn't be a problem for me. I checked Battlestar videos and it really looks pretty damn cool, but people complained much about its poor battery performance. Yet, being able to use 24mm atties on it is a pro compared to Pico.

I will think and check some more opinions/reviews before buying one.
I hope more people who has one of them would come forward with their opinion.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Maybe have a look about for more 2x700 mods or even 26650 saw voopoo had the mojo out (think that’s the name) they had a lot of fans for the original drag mod as well

The istick pico s with the 21700 battery lasts ages was getting a good 520+ puffs between charges at 40 ish Watts and it handled onboard charging really well ...just that damn TC

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I own a Pico (18650) mod for several years myself, and I use it a lot. However, I haven't used it a lot in TC mode though. The only thing I noticed, sporadically it drops the wattage setting down by 0.1, when changing the battery. I can live with that. I'm utilizing a Cleito tank, with the optional larger tank, and the rebuildable kit.

VU Sponsors