Become a Patron!

New MOD suggestion. 150-200W TC triple 3 18650 and Dual 18650

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
For a triple 18650, I might prefer something shaped like the Wismec Reuleaux RX200. The others seem too wide and ridiculous but I'm sort of open to those because while the Reuleaux may feel better in the hand, the wider mod might sit better in a pocket.

I started learning about new mods. I haven't been keeping up with anything since I bought a DNA30 dual 18650 Hana a couple years ago but I figure asking you can help make this purchase much easier.

I'm hoping to find something that screws together instead of magnets. I haven't needed to access my batteries in almost two years. I don't know why they make MODs with magnets instead of much more secure screws. Actually, it seems my choices are very limited for MODs with screws. Some of the dual 18650 have a snap door on the bottom which I think I'll prefer.

Because big octa coils for things like the TFV8 are coming out which require upwards of 200W to use correctly, I don't want to kill the batteries too quickly with only dual 18650 even though I use pass through almost half the time. Burning through a lot of juice is okay though since I DIY and juice is cheap. I probably won't normally vape gigantic clouds but I always wanted to but never got into it.. But I'm still sort of okay with buying both a dual and triple 18650 mod (to have the dual just because it's smaller and it might have slightly better features than whatever triple I chose).

Another thing is I hope it's waterproof. I don't make a mess of juice on the mod but drips or handling with wet hands sometimes, if it's waterproof seems like a no brainer they should all have a gasket (I might even try and add a min gasket if needed and possible). Screens on the top of the MOD sort of scare me that juice will enter and break it.

I'm looking for 200W for the triple 18650 and 150ish for the dual 18650 (even though I probably will only use the dual 18650 at 50-100W but would rather be safe than sorry. I'm basically stocking up now in case regulations make prices sky rocket).

Price range is basically as cheap as can get it done. I'm not trying to be cheap but MODs seem to be super cheap nowadays so I'm thinking I can get them for less than $50-75 each.

Also I need QUALITY, SAFE battery recommendations. I need three batteries, I don't care how much they cost, sort of.

I don't know if I want a parallel or series MOD. I know I want a safe regulated mod but I see still some are labeled as series or parallel which I know absolutely nothing about other than I did some googling and apparently still some mods are unregulated like the original mechanical mods that blew up in peoples faces? I don't know.

One thing is that right now I vape a very basic single coil RDA at only like 11 Watts and the kanthal coil is about 2-2.8 ohms. I try to go for a 1.8 build but for some reason my mod flashes and forces me to vape it at around 15W which is way too burnt, so I rebuild the coil to 2-2.5 and I can vape it as low as 7Watts on this DNA 30 Hana clone. Just saying that in case I revert back to this simple single coil 2ohm build, I want to make sure the mod can vape that high of an ohm coil. What I plan to vape mostly though is dual coils for fat clouds but I don't think I'll need to do crazy low ohm builds. I just ordered a Vaporesso Gemini (similar to a griffin or Aromamizer RTA), and also ordering a couple new RDAs, and then some fancy Clapton and parallel etc coil wire. And possibly ordering the TFV8 (I presume they'll release a V2 soon with top air flow and some other features).

I went on fasttech and looked at every TC MOD they have (I don't really know what TC is about but I want to have the option open to use SS or titanium etc coils). I saved a lot of links to dual and triple 18650 mods and then deleted some based on just that there were not a lot of reviews for them nor videos on youtube about them.

I'm leaning very much towards just getting the Wismec RX200 for the triple 18650 but unsure if maybe there's something similar or a V2 or something I should check out instead.

For the Dual 18650, I'm leaning towards the Pioneer4You IPV 5 SX330 or SMOK X Cube II 160W just because they have a lot of reviews and videos and seem popular so I guess they're good.

Anyway, here are what I narrowed things down to for the last few hours and seeing which triple 18650 and dual 18650 you recommend out of these, or if you suggest something different. Also need recommendations for three batteries. THANKS!

Smoktech SMOK X Cube II 160W
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3039/10005386/3365900-authentic-smoktech-smok-x-cube-ii-160w

Authentic Penny 150W TC
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...thentic-penny-150w-tc-vw-variable-wattage-apv

Authentic Laisimo S3 200W
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3039/10019921/4641700-authentic-laisimo-s3-200w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

Authentic Smoktech SMOK H-Priv 220W
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...entic-smoktech-smok-h-priv-220w-tc-vw-apv-box

Authentic Smoktech SMOK R200
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...thentic-smoktech-smok-r200-200w-tc-vw-apv-box

Authentic Joyetech Cuboid 150W
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...hentic-joyetech-cuboid-150w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

Pioneer4You IPV 5 SX330
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...H0.TRS0&_nkw=Pioneer4You+IPV+5+SX330&_sacat=0

Wismec RX200
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...3.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Wismec+RX200&_sacat=0

EDIT:
Oh great, possibly unsafe charging directly to the RX200 MOD vs removing the batteries and charging in my nitecore (only an i2 2-slot). Why are manufacturers taking steps backwards!? An extra cm and $1 cost to add a better charging circuit?

I originally saw Riptrippers review of the Wismec RX200 vs the DNA200 and he just said %2 of vapers would only need the DNA200 (to allow to really tweak settings).

I just watched GrimGreens comparison (RX and DNA 200) and he says 'They say you can charge with the USB but they don't recommend it'. He said that for both. So I won't risk it. I will just find another mod all together because no way I'm removing and charging batteries all the time... Just not for me.

If I can't find a 3X 18650 that I can charge directly and has TC and upwards of 200W, I might just get a dual for now (that hopefully can do that).

EDIT (Again): WHat the actual F? All of these links I posted, I google the name plus "charge" and Ctrl+F (find Charge) and find that all of these are the same scenario - You either simply can not at all charge them via usb or the manufacturer strongly suggest not to. Why? Well actually I googled why and found some threads on why not, basically like I said, they skimp on the internal charger (or lack there of). But maybe a proper built-in charger would make the mod seriously larger.

I'm fine with spending for a larger charger to charge at least 3 at a time, but then I'll need a back up set that's going to cost like $130 for six batteries. And maybe another charger for the car. I just HATE worrying about batteries running low. This is going to be miserable having batteries and chargers all over the place. I might just get a single 150ish Watt mod which I'm reading is perfectly safe to charge USB if there's only 1 battery. And use that while at the computer or in the car USB and then the charger for triple 18650 when out.

Sidenote, My hana clone DNA30 was like $22 shipped and I've been charging it USB for over two years I think, and I leave it charging over night every night. And back then there was zero mention of this safety concern if I'm not mistaken. I'm using the same batteries almost two years (they were like $25 each though).

Last edited:

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
ok well riddle me this, Suppose I get a triple 18650, and a separate quality charger, and charge them over night every night, how many ml of juice until the batteries die (or possible constantly get too low and shorten their lifespan if that's not a myth), IF I vape sub ohm dual coils? I dunno what ohm or wattage I'd use, I just know I want to make try big clouds finally. I might throw the TFV8 octa coil on there sometimes just for concentrated crave killings also, and I know those need like 150watts and will probably depleat the batteries pretty fast.
I don't see myself ever vaping more than 10ml a day, as of now, and for the past few years, I average about 40ml a week only. Do you think I'll ever need to even worry so much about the batteries dying on me?

I have like a phobia of batteries dying out on me, phone, e cig, shaver, anything with batteries.

But if I get the DNA200 (not a RX200 or other), then it CAN charge USB but is just slower at only 1Amp (but that's probably good enough for when at the computer or in car and then charge in dedicated charger overnight).

From Wismec website on the DNA200

"
Charging
You can take out the lithium-batteries from the device and then charge the cells.
Moreover, it can also be charged via USB cable. "

http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-dna200/

In other words, just I should get the DNA200 version, a separate charger for overnight, and if I find I need to charge it in car or at computer, I can passthrough it @ 1Amp, correct?

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll try and sum this up the best I can for you. And I know it's difficult to choose with hundreds of mods available.

1) Battery Life depends on your battery and usage. I'm a pretty heavy vapor. I have a 2 battery VT133 (DNA device that uses 2 18650 batteries) and with a pair of Samsung 30q or LG HG2 batteries it'll last me all day. I'm using dual fused claptons SS316L at .12 ohms resistance. I go through about 10-15ml of juice a day. I think a 2 battery mod will be just fine to last you all day even with really low ohm builds, it does for me. You can buy them from Illumn.com and they only cost about 5-6 bucks each

2) DNA 200 boards (and mind you I'm new to them, just got mine like a week ago) should be fine to charge through USB since 95% of the devices that have this board use built in LIPO batteries and pretty much have to be charged via the device itself. I wouldn't recommend charging through USB on any non DNA 200 device though as I've heard it's not a good idea. It is true that most people probably wouldn't need to get a DNA device, they are pricy but sometimes good sales come up, But if you want to use different wire types and different builds it's the best. Now if you are only going to buy premade coils on like a smok TFv8 tank, you'd probably be fine with most TC devices

3) I have an xcube 2, It's a good device, but like most mods, has it's negatives too. The firmware upgrade bumps it to 180 watts, TC works good on it (not as good as the DNA though) but it took me a bit to get it to work right. None of the TC devices are easy to set up, but it's adjustable and you have to be patient and willing to learn. If you want a regular VW device for now that you can use to eventually start using TC it's a good. The RX200s also gets pretty positive impressions around here. I don't have one but i have a friend that does and he seems to like it. It's also a bit iffy in the TC department and has 510 pin issues from what I've heard. Truth be told, no 50 dollar device is going to be perfect, but they work good enough to make most people happy. The IP5 is considered a solid device around here as well. Not sure how it handles TC though

4) Most of it is preference and how much your budget is. Ideally you would have a separate charger and 2 sets of batteries (a set being either 2 or 3 depending on which device you pick) Most people have their favorite mods so everyone will suggest something different, a lot of it is personal preference.

5) you don't need 150 watts TBH, I hot my friends TFV8 at 150watts and it was way overkill IMO. I have a TFV4 and even with the 8 coil recommended at 100-140watt, I hit it at 75 and it hits good. I never personally see a reason to go over 100 watts especially with sub ohm builds.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I have the Reuleaux RX2/3 and the 200S. I do use the USB charging and remove the batteries about once a month for a good charge on my external. I've had no problems and can actually name about 8 people who do the same with no problem at all. I use the TFV8 with the octuple coil on both. 200 watts even on that coil is A LOT. I think the recommended range is 120-150 or something like that. Anyways I also use an IPV6X that I USB charge on with no problem. All three would perfectly suit what you are looking for. Despite what people are saying, my batteries stay pretty balanced on all three mods. All are fairly inexpensive and have almost all the features you could ever want. All three can also be used as a pass through.

Biggest thing is get safe batteries. I use HG2's and Imren. I've actually had much better performance with the Imren despite testing that states they aren't as good as the LG's. My Reuleaux's last about 2 days and my IPV6X lasts about 4 days. I vape at about 120 watts and go through about 20-30 mls of juice every day. I have married pairs/trios of batteries but I don't rotate them the way some recommend. I've tried and even have them all numbered and lettered, but I'm honestly not organized enough to remember the last position of each battery so I gave up on that and just throw a married set in when I do take them out to charge.

While I really do respect and appreciate all the experts who take the time to do testing for us, I think personal experience from other vapers is important too. I've stopped watching all the video reviews. Too often I feel like they are being compensated with free stuff and maybe that clouds their opinion.

I prefer the bigger feel of the Reuleaux's, but the IPV seems more efficient in battery use. All three are very sturdy. I'm very careless with my mods and these all can take a beating. The Reuleaux's fit great in a car cup holder and the IPV is better for a pocket. I don't like the Reuleaux RX2/3 in 2 battery mode. It just doesn't feel right IMO. If you do get the IPV6X, lock it or turn it off before putting it in a pocket as it can change power settings really easy.

I hope this helps a little. I don't have experience with any of the others you've mentioned. I've always been mostly an IPV/Reuleaux girl. I've had Sigelei's but they aren't durable enough for me. I've broken all of them.

I have had ZERO issues on either of my Reuleaux's with the 510 connection and any tank or RDA. Daily I use the TFV8, Atlantis V2 and Cleito and all fit tightly. Both the IPV and Reuleaux's are upgradable but Wismec makes the upgrades so stinking simple that gives them a HUGE plus IMO.

I currently own and use the following:
Reuleaux RX200S
Reuleaux RX2/3
IPV 3li v2
IPV 5
IPV 6X

I know there's a lot of overlap between all of them. They're all so inexpensive, it makes it easier to buy several and switch between them depending on my mood. I also wouldn't feel terrible if I dropped one and broke it. Plus if something better comes out, I don't feel as though I can't treat myself to a new box.

I can try to answer your questions about any of those. I know there are so many more options out there, but I tend to stick to what I know works for me and what I can count on to be reliable and last me a long time while being reasonably priced.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors