Become a Patron!

New shows on Netflix

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Person of Interest , Hell on Wheels, House of Cards , The Walking Dead ,and The Hatfields and McCoys are all good .

All top drawer shows although person of interest is no longer available. Dexter is one of my favorites ( one season is kinda monotonous, the one with Lithgow)........ lillyhammer was fun. Orange is New Black is good. The boyfriend is a weiner.

Just completed Hell on wheels..really good also. Sons of Anarchy is addicting.

Havent seen the Killing, thanks for the heads up. Will start watching that one today.

I like any and all shows with animated dinosaurs (discovery, "walking with" (not cartoons) and also the universe beginings shows.

Dislike ....40,000 2 star movies I have to navigate through..... hate that.

Good thread. Keep us informed of the "good uns"

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
we really don't have any original ideas in this country, do we? :p

We do what Paul Mccarney said....... "take a sad song, and make it better" :D

Actually, there were ,many BBC shows that were re done here.

I just wish they would air "Only Fools and Horses" here. Fucking brilliant. Glad to see "Trailer Park Boys" I(Canadian) finally catching on in the US.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh dear god... my brain is now trying to strangle my imagination for thinking about what an american remake of 'Only Fools and Horses' would be like. Thanks for that. :(

'Trailer Park Boys' is great! Took most of the first season for me to get into it (and for them to find their feet?), but then I was hooked - seven seasons wasn't enough!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh dear god... my brain is now trying to strangle my imagination for thinking about what an american remake of 'Only Fools and Horses' would be like. Thanks for that. :(

'Trailer Park Boys' is great! Took most of the first season for me to get into it (and for them to find their feet?), but then I was hooked - seven seasons wasn't enough!
I haven't seen trailer yet. Another one to add to the list

Reactions: jae

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Thunderball just a word of warning. i imagine the killing is difficult to watch if you have kids. i don't and it was still emotional for me.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What I like about trailer park boys is that every person in that show reminds me of someone I have either met or known in my lifetime. Really a sad commentary about human beings if you really think about it. And your right, you have to force yourself to watch the first three episodes or so to "get it"..

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't you buy it?

Well sir, I watched an episode while visiting friends in Manchester and fell on the floor laughing and then stayed glued to the torrents until I downloaded all of them including all the specials. I just wish I could share them with the rest of the US

The only thing with that one was, they would tell jokes I didnt understand until during my 4week visit in England I would either experience some of the sights they were talking about or was explained to me (over and over again) some of the phrasing/secret code you guys use... (Apples and pears-Up the stairs).....all very forign to me, but really funny when I started catching on to all of this sub culture....

After my stay there, I re watched them and were even funnier.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I tell you what, if they did they wouldn't have wrote it so they lost all their money!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Thunderball have you watched primeval? Great fun show with loads of dinos.

Oh and spooks (mi5) is another great show.
Wow... Primeval looks fun.. amy have to start on that one today instead. Thank You. Dinosaurs.....cool.

Put spooks in my list.... I watched another BBC MI5 show that was good the first two seasons or so, then lost the star of the show ans wasnt the same. Dont remember the name of it. Hell, May have been MI5 ?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spooks and mi5 are the same iirc. I think they had 2 almost full cast changes. Primeval (spoiler) has a major cast change too but still good.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tell you what, if they did they wouldn't have wrote it so they lost all their money!

That show just absolutely could not be re-made. You cant re make the Andy Griffin show and you cant re make Only Fools and Horses.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spooks and mi5 are the same iirc. I think they had 2 almost full cast changes. Primeval (spoiler) has a major cast change too but still good.
They did a good job of slowly changing the Spooks cast. All good actors that fitted in.

So, I'm watching Person of Interest from now on

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched the whole thing even with the changes. Being a creature of habit, It takes me a while to adjust. It's the same when they change The Doctor. Takes me a bit to warm up to them.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just watched
the premiere episode of the killing. Are they all going to be just sad?

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Final season of The Killing is now on NetFlix !

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going nuts waiting for a new season of Derek. And hoping to eff Karl Pilkington comes back to it. <3

Equally as nutty waiting for a new season of Orange Is The New Black. But that 2nd season just came out so I guess it'll be a while.

And on a non-Netflix-related note, I sorta wish I could go into a coma and not wake up until October when season 5 of Walking Dead starts.

PS I agree with everyone else, TRAILER PARK BOYS RUUUUUUUUUULES!!!!!!!

Last edited:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just watched
the premiere episode of the killing. Are they all going to be just sad?

told you it's dark. but very well written and acted. and addicting.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i would like to throw in a vote for A&E's Bates Motel. episodes available on the A&E website. it's a fun creepy show. and you can't help but love the teenage Norman Bates. :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, I'm on the third episode now. Look what you've done

haha, you'll be up all night!
giggle.gif

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's a show you get in the UK that we don't over here in the US and it drives me batty: Black Mirror.

My god that show is great. I was able to find a couple of episodes on sketchy websites and it is just fantastic.

I have never done this.......but, you can get a service for pretty cheep that will replace your IP address with an IP from a different country. then you can sign up to US, UK, Australian and Canadian Netflix and other movie sites...due to royalty issues, certain shows will never be shown in each of the areas you find Netflix and other show/movie sites.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have never done this.......but, you can get a service for pretty cheep that will replace your IP address with an IP from a different country. then you can sign up to US, UK, Australian and Canadian Netflix and other movie sites...due to royalty issues, certain shows will never be shown in each of the areas you find Netflix and other show/movie sites.
Actually I think there are even free ways around that. Can't remember off hand how to do it though.

Fat-fingered on my Nexus 4

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Breaking Bad was great.

I enjoy Person of Interest as well.

Perhaps you would enjoy Mad Men and Hell on Wheels.

If you like the Horror, check out the different installments of American Horror Story.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We don't have much longer to wait, either. Last i heard it's going to be available this fall!!

Awesome ! :D

So, I'm watching Person of Interest from now on

Good plan. It was a pain in the butt trying to follow when shown erratically on Channel 5 / 5USA, but worth it :)

So I just peeked at Netflix USA... no POI there?!

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually I think there are even free ways around that. Can't remember off hand how to do it though.

I use an old version of Media Hint (a chrome extension) to get USA stuff. Not sure how it works; there don't appear to be IP changes or proxy servers involved. It's tiny too, can't be doing much. Dunno how to do it the other way round, but I imagine googling with terms like iplayer and usa might unearth something.

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Breaking Bad was great.

I enjoy Person of Interest as well.

Perhaps you would enjoy Mad Men and Hell on Wheels.

If you like the Horror, check out the different installments of American Horror Story.
I deffo like gruesome. I admit i did squint really a lot when that woman cut of that guys jollies in Hostel

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Firefly episode 11 coming up (my first time round too).
I want to hurry up and get through the series so I can watch the Firefly film

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Peep Show is a comedy that can't be missed IMO. There is still one more season coming, but all current ones are on American Netflix finally. Being in the U.S. I had no access to the U.K. ITV 4 programming, and BBC America played a few, I got hooked. I used that to justify my downloading of the whole series, but it's now on netflix.

It's a first person filmed comedy, and the two main characters thoughts consistently narrate the show. The main characters are hilarious, and an awkward and unfamiliar to most shows, sense of humor is provided with hearing their thoughts. It's real unique, and funny as shit. It took me a while at first because of the cultural and political references, but I love the show so much I'd pause and google. I've watched the whole series way too many times.

Anyone in the U.K. Watch this? It's Robert Webb, and David Mitchell. Olivia Coleman is another bigger name in it. "That Mitchell and Webb Look" is a sketch comedy show by the same guys, it's on netflix I think, and funny, too.

And the human centipede, fucking god damn. I thought the first one was fucked, my friend and I almost turned off the second one. A level of creepy I thought could not be achieved is all I can say. I am not squeamish offended or grossed out in the slightest way, either. I will watch almost anything once, and this one got me. Soooo fucked up. Such a creepy dude.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Firefly episode 11 coming up (my first time round too).
I want to hurry up and get through the series so I can watch the Firefly film

If you are into SciFi (other than Dr. Who of course) you should really do yourself a favor and check out Babylon 5.

As much as I liked all of the Star Trek variations (Enterprise was the best IMHO) you will love this!

VU Sponsors