Become a Patron!

New sub ohm tank sugestions

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve recently started vaping again after a good while but all my tanks are older and I’m wanting some thing newer now but am a bit out of touch with the world of vaping.

Priority’s would need to be flavour, large capacity 5ml or over, large airflow, rebuildable and not hugely expensive.

Currently vaping an geek vape eagle which is on its last legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Damn Vape Doom X Mesh RTA
Inexpensive to build and easy .
3 tanks- up to 8ml
Great flavor

Air flow? It's not big but not very restricted either. Could see from a review maybe.
@ 7:35
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQl65Ss5usk
He says something about lopsided af. I don't know why since it goes through a difusser before the coil and I don't notice anything lopsided about it.
Uses Nexmesh, OFRF, Wotofo, and Damn Vape has those 4 diff ones. I personally like the 05 the best of the 4 or 5 other mesh I've used.

What mod(s) you running?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I haven't used sub ohm tanks in a long time.
When I did I always liked the ones that had the RBA coil head option.

5ml's is most likely going to require a tank w/bubble glass option.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Priority’s would need to be flavour, large capacity 5ml or over, large airflow, rebuildable and not hugely expensive.
OXVA Arbiter might be a good choice.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn Vape Doom X Mesh RTA
Inexpensive to build and easy .
3 tanks- up to 8ml
Great flavor

Air flow? It's not big but not very restricted either. Could see from a review maybe.
@ 7:35
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQl65Ss5usk
He says something about lopsided af. I don't know why since it goes through a difusser before the coil and I don't notice anything lopsided about it.
Uses Nexmesh, OFRF, Wotofo, and Damn Vape has those 4 diff ones. I personally like the 05 the best of the 4 or 5 other mesh I've used.

What mod(s) you running?

I like the sound of this but have not used a mesh coil before. Are they easy to come by?

Running my geek vape Griffin on a cheep crappy mod ( unboxed it yesterday after never being used for about 4 years and thumb has to be in an exact position to fire it and I’m not a happy bunny at the moment ) at the moment but have a voopoo 2 coming tomorow.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't used sub ohm tanks in a long time.
When I did I always liked the ones that had the RBA coil head option.

5ml's is most likely going to require a tank w/bubble glass option.

Trying to stay away from bubble glass tanks as I have a habit of dropping my mod but will keep it in mind.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OXVA Arbiter might be a good choice.

Thanks. This looks like it might work just not sure if enough air flow. Will look into it more though.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I like the sound of this but have not used a mesh coil before. Are they easy to come by?

Running my geek vape Griffin on a cheep crappy mod ( unboxed it yesterday after never being used for about 4 years and thumb has to be in an exact position to fire it and I’m not a happy bunny at the moment ) at the moment but have a voopoo 2 coming tomorow.

They are, easy to get:

For stateside, a quick googlefoo gave me this and there might be another.
IDK if they have a new customer/other discount code.

1621967705480.png
Here's some china vendors but the ship time could suck, as well as tracking. Starts at about 2 weeks and is been known to be longer. Might have to wonder if it makes it past customs.

OFRF and Wotofo and Nexmesh has also partnered with Wotofo, plus Damn Vape's mesh, and probably others but these are the one's I've used and I used Damn Vape's last since it it came with 2 coils so I used them instead of others I have. Can get a 10pk for $5 or less.
Since shipping is free I'd probably go with this site for mesh coils, and would recommend this one. Plan ahead.
This price might be better, depending on how many you buy because they charge shipping.

Like in Matt's vid, the posts are spring loaded, not all mesh RTA's are, and that helps the easy, and for the most part I emulated Matt's wicking method. It's easy to wick and has that juice flow control since ik you'd be using the 5.5ml tank.

Voopoo Too has good room to fit it. What color you get?

Last edited:

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are, easy to get:

For stateside, a quick googlefoo gave me this and there might be another.
IDK if they have a new customer/other discount code.

View attachment 182206
Here's some china vendors but the ship time could suck, as well as tracking. Starts at about 2 weeks and is been known to be longer. Might have to wonder if it makes it past customs.

OFRF and Wotofo and Nexmesh has also partnered with Wotofo, plus Damn Vape's mesh, and probably others but these are the one's I've used and I used Damn Vape's last since it it came with 2 coils so I used them instead of others I have. Can get a 10pk for $5 or less.
Since shipping is free I'd probably go with this site for mesh coils, and would recommend this one. Plan ahead.
This price might be better, depending on how many you buy because they charge shipping.

Like in Matt's vid, the posts are spring loaded, not all mesh RTA's are, and that helps the easy, and for the most part I emulated Matt's wicking method. It's easy to wick and has that juice flow control since ik you'd be using the 5.5ml tank.

Voopoo Too has good room to fit it. What color you get?

I ordered the Damn Vape Doom as I found it for $18.41 in the U.K. I don’t usherly vape that low ohms so am a bit dubious but will give it a try. I usherly vape between 0.4 and 0.5ohms Does it produce a warm vape?

I’ve used fasttech before so will order the mesh from them in a couple of days. Can take up to a month to get to the U.K. but the two coils should last way beyond that. Can I clean them like a normal coil in water and brushing away the black bits?
Glad will fit on the voopoo as I don’t think it would fit what I have now.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Never tried it myself but they say you can install round wire coils on mesh RTAs. Maybe someone knows first-hand.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
76e3a4ea23437edab1aacbdffe3e9049.jpg

This is the colour I ordered. Sorry can’t remember what it’s called

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never tried it myself but they say you can install round wire coils on mesh RTAs. Maybe someone knows first-hand.

That’s intresting. Will definantly look more into it. Thanks

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
76e3a4ea23437edab1aacbdffe3e9049.jpg

This is the colour I ordered. Sorry can’t remember what it’s called

Looks like a Drag 2 to me.

You can use wire coils in some mesh devices, just depends on the construction and whether the springs/screws will hold the wire tight enough.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like a Drag 2 to me.

You can use wire coils in some mesh devices, just depends on the construction and whether the springs/screws will hold the wire tight enough.

It is the drag 2. It outdoes the crappy Asolo I had previously.

Can only try it and see or ribbon wire might work better. It’s just I have 200m of kanthal sitting around but I may use it in my Griffin. Was hoping to use the second eagle I found in my vape draw but it will work on my build station just not my mods and I have no clue why.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It is the drag 2. It outdoes the crappy Asolo I had previously.

Can only try it and see or ribbon wire might work better. It’s just I have 200m of kanthal sitting around but I may use it in my Griffin. Was hoping to use the second eagle I found in my vape draw but it will work on my build station just not my mods and I have no clue why.

I have an Eagle that I've used a little bit - I think it's a great tank but it's a hoss for sure. Biggest tank I have, I think.

Sounds like the 510 on the Eagle may not be long enough to make contact with the 510 pin on your mods. Some of them are pretty short, or the pins can get stuck pushed down from using a tank that has a much longer 510 pin.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the Damn Vape Doom as I found it for $18.41 in the U.K. I don’t usherly vape that low ohms so am a bit dubious but will give it a try. I usherly vape between 0.4 and 0.5ohms Does it produce a warm vape?

I’ve used fasttech before so will order the mesh from them in a couple of days. Can take up to a month to get to the U.K. but the two coils should last way beyond that. Can I clean them like a normal coil in water and brushing away the black bits?
Glad will fit on the voopoo as I don’t think it would fit what I have now.
Doom? or Doom X? I have both.
X can have warmer vape than no X.
Neither works well with wire coil, unfortunately.

If I vaped the same mesh, it would not last 2 weeks.
They are so cheap, I don't clean them.
Pretty much all you can do is dry fire bcuz they bend easily.

Thought you meant the Too, but looks like X will still fit 2 w/o overhang.
I have its little brother, Drag Mini, and like it for what I use it for.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Eagle that I've used a little bit - I think it's a great tank but it's a hoss for sure. Biggest tank I have, I think.

Sounds like the 510 on the Eagle may not be long enough to make contact with the 510 pin on your mods. Some of them are pretty short, or the pins can get stuck pushed down from using a tank that has a much longer 510 pin.

I really enjoyed the Eagle when I first got it so I got a second. Biggest tank I have at the moment. If I like a tank I tend to buy multiples. I think I’ve found the problem with it though. The pin isn’t touching the pin in the deck so I’m going to take it apart tonight and try and fix it.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doom? or Doom X? I have both.
X can have warmer vape than no X.
Neither works well with wire coil, unfortunately.

If I vaped the same mesh, it would not last 2 weeks.
They are so cheap, I don't clean them.
Pretty much all you can do is dry fire bcuz they bend easily.

Thought you meant the Too, but looks like X will still fit 2 w/o overhang.
I have its little brother, Drag Mini, and like it for what I use it for.

Doom X is the one I’ve ordered. Not tried a warmer vape so maybe I will like it. Never a bad thing to try something new.
I’ll just have to go between the Doom X Egal and the Bellus I found. Should be ok till I get more. Ah ok I usherly fire non mesh coils then dip them in water and give a gental brush.
No the Drag 2 and no overhang as it’s 26.5mm wide I saw the drag mini on a review but I like some thing a bit more hefty and the Drag 2 was on sail at $28.23

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Doom X is the one I’ve ordered. Not tried a warmer vape so maybe I will like it. Never a bad thing to try something new.
I’ll just have to go between the Doom X Egal and the Bellus I found. Should be ok till I get more. Ah ok I usherly fire non mesh coils then dip them in water and give a gental brush.
No the Drag 2 and no overhang as it’s 26.5mm wide I saw the drag mini on a review but I like some thing a bit more hefty and the Drag 2 was on sail at $28.23

How's it going?

VU Sponsors