Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The accusation:

The truth:

The reply:
Hall of Shame:
"Know a scammer? Dead beat vendor? Someone in the vaping community that straight up f*cked you? Tell us your story!!"

Attention mods currently online: @TygerTyger @SMOKIE @TheCraftyBuckeye @5150sick

This topic meets none of these criteria. The thread should be moved from "Hall of Shame" for obvious reasons: there is no story here. This and all the other threads on this topic amount to a bunch of grown men gossiping like catty drama queens about unsubstantiated rumors.

I don't care if you feel compelled to do this, but do it in other threads. Don't use this clearly defined space to lend legitimacy to the frothy utterances of excitable boys. It's at cross purposes with the point of this area and undermines its value.

The answer? :confused:
A lot of vapers say Rip does not do honest reviews especially on the liquid he was doing that most say suck! Plus I personally bought a mod because of a review he did that he said it was the best around which SUCKED also. So this thread is in the RIGHT section. @lirruping

SHAMEFUL!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm really disappointed with Smokie's response... So in all fairness - that means Joe should also be in the Hall of Shame (and should be receiving a lot more hate than Rip has).. he's 'pimped' a TON of FastTech deals for mods (and other sites) that ended up being shit... WHY IS IT OKAY TO CALL OUT ONE SINGLE PERSON AND NOT OTHERS?!

This is NOT what I expected from VU's moderators.. real shame on how this whole situation was handled..

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got yet another take on this ... let's see if this trail of breadcrumbs makes sense:

- Twisted420 thinks he has dirt on Rip Trippers.
- Joe knows that said "dirt" is tenuous at best ... more likely, non-existent.
- So ... why not just throw all the bullshit into a pot and stir it up? Use VU and Mod Envy as the spray hose.
- Who wins? Not Twisted420 ... he ends up showing his ass. Not so much Rip Trippers ... while nothing against him has been proven, his credibility is put in a negative spotlight.

Why do this?
- let some other vape reviewer(s) who Joe likes appear as a shining knight (who? To be determined)

- sometimes it's fun to watch a kitten fight ...
JEqbz73.jpg

- more attention/traffic for VU and Mod Envy

Shameful? Meh ... back to work.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sadly Moe you are most likely correct.. but if anything - I think they helped Rip more than they hurt him in the end.. and made themselves look shady as fuck. I will now tread lightly on things I read from the VU leadership and take it with a grain of salt..

The one thing you DON'T want to come into question - is your CREDIBILITY.. they tried to ruin Rips, but hurt their own in the process.. karma at it's finest..

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The "Hall of Shame" space can be an effective tool for individual vapers to amplify their voice when they've been screwed by a vendor. But it will lose its power fast if degraded by personal vendettas or gossip.

For example: I was repeatedly ignored by a vendor in attempts to arrange a return or refund after buying a pricey but defective mod. After several months of being alternately jollied along/ignored, I emailed the vendor saying that since he didn't seem to be receiving my communications, if I did not hear from him immediately, I would write him an open letter on ECF and VU. News that a replacement item had been shipped arrived the very next day.

Vape celebrity drama is clearly very interesting to a lot of people and has some kind of place in a vaping forum. This, however, is not it.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The truth:
9pQPL2k.png

The truth is two sources claim that they were asked in advance of videos being done to pay for positive reviews. It is subjective as to if that matters to you or not, but the claim is out there and it is based on the personal statement of one of the sources. So how was anyone wrong in pointing this out?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
9pQPL2k.png

The truth is two sources claim that they were asked in advance of videos being done to pay for positive reviews. It is subjective as to if that matters to you or not, but the claim is out there and it is based on the personal statement of one of the sources. So how was anyone wrong in pointing this out?

I think you are missing the point of this thread.. its about who and what should be part of the Hall of Shame and Smokie's response

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The "Hall of Shame" space can be an effective tool for individual vapers to amplify their voice when they've been screwed by a vendor. But it will lose its power fast if degraded by personal vendettas or gossip.

For example: I was repeatedly ignored by a vendor in attempts to arrange a return or refund after buying a pricey but defective mod. After several months of being alternately jollied along/ignored, I emailed the vendor saying that since he didn't seem to be receiving my communications, if I did not hear from him immediately, I would write him an open letter on ECF and VU. News that a replacement item had been shipped arrived the very next day.

Vape celebrity drama is clearly very interesting to a lot of people and has some kind of place in a vaping forum. This, however, is not it.

Well said sir - my thoughts exactly!

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think you are missing the point of this thread.. its about who and what should be part of the Hall of Shame and Smokie's response
No, you're missing mine. "The truth" as listed in the op wasn't the final version of the story. If figure as long as we are telling "the truth" we should tell the whole truth. And let's be honest, this is what this is all about. RT fans mad that someone had the audacity to report that there are vendors out there claiming to have been approached by RT asking for payments for positive reviews in advance of videos being posted.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, you're missing mine. "The truth" as listed in the op wasn't the final version of the story. If figure as long as we are telling "the truth" we should tell the whole truth. And let's be honest, this is what this is all about. RT fans mad that someone had the audacity to report that there are vendors out there claiming to have been approached by RT asking for payments for positive reviews in advance of videos being posted.

The other million threads are where people are discussing the entire RT bashing.. this was specifically made in response to Smokie's comment - hence the name of this thread and the location in the forum where it was created.. @Midniteoyl - care to chime in so I can bow out of this pointless argument? :)

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The other million threads are where people are discussing the entire RT bashing.. this was specifically made in response to Smokie's comment - hence the name of this thread and the location in the forum where it was created.. @Midniteoyl - care to chime in so I can bow out of this pointless argument? :)
I replied specifically to what was in the original post as a point of correction. If my post is off topic, than so was the original post, which is kinda what dictates what the topic is, wouldn't you say?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Exactly..

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You said it clearly :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
All bullshit threads get moved here.
Twisted420 fucked up - gets moved here
Twisted420 is right, Rip's a weasel - gets moved here
Rip is god - gets moved here

Any Questions?

Notice Smokies OP is already here?

We really don't have anywhere else to move the disruptive bullshit posts.
If we delete them then we are 'censoring' you.

We will get a "Bullshit Vape drama & other stupid shit" section soon.
look forward to having you posts move there.

It is what it is?

Whatever you want it to be.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All bullshit threads get moved here.
Twisted420 fucked up - gets moved here
Twisted420 is right, Rip's a weasel - gets moved here
Rip is god - gets moved here

Any Questions?

Notice Smokies OP is already here?

We really don't have anywhere else to move the disruptive bullshit posts.
If we delete them then we are 'censoring' you.

We will get a "Bullshit Vape drama & other stupid shit" section soon.
look forward to having you posts move there.

It is what it is?

Whatever you want it to be.

I can't wait for that section to be created haha!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
SMOKIE said: ↑
A lot of vapers say Rip does not do honest reviews especially on the liquid he was doing that most say suck! Plus I personally bought a mod because of a review he did that he said it was the best around which SUCKED also. So this thread is in the RIGHT section.

I think this is the part that stood out to me (as I mentioned beforehand) - so anyone who reviews a mod that someone else thinks as being 'shit' means you automatically get put in the Hall of Shame? just don't feel like this is right to do .. and by that logic it's hard to figure out why certain people are exempt from this process..

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
A lot of vapers say Rip does not do honest reviews especially on the liquid he was doing that most say suck! Plus I personally bought a mod because of a review he did that he said it was the best around which SUCKED also. So this thread is in the RIGHT section.

I think this is the part that stood out to me (as I mentioned beforehand) - so anyone who reviews a mod that someone else thinks as being 'shit' means you automatically get put in the Hall of Shame? just don't feel like this is right to do .. and by that logic it's hard to figure out why certain people are exempt from this process..

Actually no that is not the way it goes.
But if someone thinks a mod REVIEWER is "shit" it will surely end up here unless they have a damn good excuse on why it shouldn't.
This mod is total shit. i explained why here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/potentially-dangerous-150w-mod.46747/

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
But the hall of shame WAS originally designed for shameful vendors and/or products.

We need more mud in our pit and we are honestly working on it.

We are having a meeting Sunday and that is one of the things on the list.

Along with other things that YOU our wonderful members have brought to out attention.

Such as being able to change "Verified Member" to whatever you want under your name and about a half dozen other things that will make your forum experience more fun and plesant.

Last edited:

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

There we go! Now you're cooking with gas. And this is how the op should have read, and no questions would have been asked on my part.

I don't much care where a thread ends up, so the rest of it is up to you guys. lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But the hall of shame WAS originally designed for shameful vendors and/or products.

We need more mud in our pit and we are honestly working on it.

We are having a meeting Sunday and that is one of the things on the list.

Along with other thinks that YOU our wonderful members have brought to out attention.

Such as being able to change "Verified Member" to whatever you want under your name and about a half dozen other things that will make your forum experience more fun and plesant.
And don't forget the million dollar give away we have planned too......Ooops:eek::D

Not....LOL

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

THATs the real problem.. The original post should not be in the Hall of Shame. Period. Just 'cause 'I dont like him and I say so' is bullshit.

But, if thats the way this Hall of Shame works, then fine, I put Smokie in here too, as I followed some of his advice and got burned buying crap, and thus I dont like him..

See how bad precedents are started? ;)

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
THATs the real problem.. The original post should not be in the Hall of Shame. Period. Just 'cause 'I dont like him and I say so' is bullshit.

But, if thats the way this Hall of Shame works, then fine, I put Smokie in here too, as I followed some of his advice and got burned buying crap, and thus I dont like him..

Don't tell me you went out and tried to by an Artisan Vaping Supermax, too?!?! :eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually no that is not the way it goes.
But if someone thinks a mod REVIEWER is "shit" it will surely end up here unless they have a damn good excuse on why it shouldn't.
This mod is total shit. i explained why here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/potentially-dangerous-150w-mod.46747/

I get what you are saying and I'm not trying to start an argument whatsoever but just because 1 person THINKS a mod is shit, doesn't necessarily mean it is- it's the user's perspective (unless of course the mod is a ticking time bomb which is totally different scenario like you mentioned) - Smokie was saying RT deserved to be in the Hall of Shame because HE personally thought the mod was shit.. Cmon now..

Again - the same example can be used with Joe's deals.. do you think EVERY mod he pimps is an amazing mod? Nope.. Go look at the reviews of half the FT crap thats been pimped over the past year and lets see if they are all positive..That's all I'm saying

So by that logic - Joe, Smokie, Phil and anyone else who does reviews should now be considered Hall of Shame material if someone steps forward and says the mod they reviewed was shit.. (as someone already did with one of Smokie's reviews) ..

And no need to go back and forth on the subject - I personally don't care where a thread goes, or who is in the hall of shame - mainly just trying to be devil's advocate and look at all the facts - plus I put more time and effort into this whole RT subject over the past 2 days than I told myself I would :)

Well I'm about to leave work - talk to you all tomorrow! Hoping this RT crap will fizzle out by then

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I'm going to keep quiet for at least the rest of today before I get myself hated by even more people on VU lol..

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Joe, Smokie, Phil and anyone else who does reviews should now be considered Hall of Shame material if someone steps forward and says the mod they reviewed was shit.. (as someone already did with one of Smokie's reviews)

See the thing about Joe is he has never done a review in his life.
He knows that "something" usually costs "X" amount of dollars and sees it for 25%+ less than "X" and he puts it on his blog.
It's up to us to decide if that "something" is worth buying or not.

So that's kind of different.

But I see what you are saying about the other stuff.

I have had so much stuff that was awesome and a month later it was irreverent old tech.

Vaping moves faster than any technology that I have ever seen.

I thought computers moved fast! lol.
At least a laptop lasts 3 years before its junk.

People ONLY had cheap cigalikes and $79.99 650mah ego/CE4 kits 3 years ago!

I have also bought something that appeared to be awesome but was complete shit quite a few times.

I have educated myself and try to hold off on buying the newest thing as soon as it comes out and I avoid pre-orders like the plague.

Pre order = Paying to be a guinea pig

We all learn this stuff at different paces so watching multiple reviews does help us in our journey to find the nearly impossible 'perfect vape'.

@VapedCrusader you don't need to keep quiet.

We feel what you are saying but that was just 1 comment out of hundreds.

You should PM Smokie with your concerns and he may (or may not) edit his comment. I would because I can admit when I fucked up or said one thing and meant something else, or said one thing and meant it at the time until someone showed me the error of my ways.

I do think everyone here can agree that the Rip Trippers/Twisted420 drama is truthfully shameful. Right?

We are supposed to all be adults here but vapers sometimes have the tendency to act like 5 twelve year old girls who just ran into the bathroom together giggling.

Last edited:

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get what you are saying and I'm not trying to start an argument whatsoever but just because 1 person THINKS a mod is shit, doesn't necessarily mean it is- it's the user's perspective (unless of course the mod is a ticking time bomb which is totally different scenario like you mentioned) - Smokie was saying RT deserved to be in the Hall of Shame because HE personally thought the mod was shit.. Cmon now..

Again - the same example can be used with Joe's deals.. do you think EVERY mod he pimps is an amazing mod? Nope.. Go look at the reviews of half the FT crap thats been pimped over the past year and lets see if they are all positive..That's all I'm saying

So by that logic - Joe, Smokie, Phil and anyone else who does reviews should now be considered Hall of Shame material if someone steps forward and says the mod they reviewed was shit.. (as someone already did with one of Smokie's reviews) ..

And no need to go back and forth on the subject - I personally don't care where a thread goes, or who is in the hall of shame - mainly just trying to be devil's advocate and look at all the facts - plus I put more time and effort into this whole RT subject over the past 2 days than I told myself I would :)

Well I'm about to leave work - talk to you all tomorrow! Hoping this RT crap will fizzle out by then
just pulls you in right? lol

my opinion has been voiced very well by crusader and mid so i wont chime in.. other than to say petty shit like this i would expect to see from some troll that signed up a few days ago, not a mod

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i think the long and short of it all is that the Hall of Shame will be Evolving and with it the rest of the Mud Pit. plus i believe the only reason this section was used was for lack of a better area. heated topics like this should always by default go in the Mudd.

ie a he said, he said of the vape celebrity where fans could argue either way. we really do need a Hot Head section.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i think the long and short of it all is that the Hall of Shame will be Evolving and with it the rest of the Mud Pit. plus i believe the only reason this section was used was for lack of a better area. heated topics like this should always by default go in the Mudd.

ie a he said, he said of the vape celebrity where fans could argue either way. we really do need a Hot Head section.
Or, 'Is he for real?' section..

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

So why was I questioned for pointing this out? I don't care what smokie says about putting him in here, the fact is 2 sources have accused RT of requesting payment for positive reviews. Without trying to resolve the case and render a verdict, you can at least admit that the act of posting a misleading review in exchange for payment would be shameful, correct? So what is wrong with placing that discussion in the hall of shame when you have CCI clearly saying it happened to them and one other source that they are aware of?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

We are supposed to all be adults here but vapers sometimes have the tendency to act like 5 twelve year old girls who just ran into the bathroom together giggling.

funny you should use that analogy, when an overwhelming majority of those involved in this little stinkfest were male. :p

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So why was I questioned for pointing this out? I don't care what smokie says about putting him in here, the fact is 2 sources have accused RT of requesting payment for positive reviews. Without trying to resolve the case and render a verdict, you can at least admit that the act of posting a misleading review in exchange for payment would be shameful, correct? So what is wrong with placing that discussion in the hall of shame when you have CCI clearly saying it happened to them and one other source that they are aware of?

What he said^^^

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
funny you should use that analogy, when an overwhelming majority of those involved in this little stinkfest were male. :p

That is the reason for the analogy.
You are on to me.:D

I know why girls go to the bathroom in groups.
To talk about guys:eek:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
And makeup:eek:
And the bitch who was hitting on their boyfriend:eek:
And the ugly dress Tiffany has on:eek:
And how that cute boy may have been hitting on you but he's drunk so you ain't falling for it:eek:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And makeup:eek:
And the bitch who was hitting on their boyfriend:eek:
And the ugly dress Tiffany has on:eek:
And how that cute boy may have been hitting on you but he's drunk so you ain't falling for it:eek:

so you're the perv who was hiding in the girls restroom. :p

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
so you're the perv who was hiding in the girls restroom. :p

I went around at a party and asked 5 or 6 girls.
The above were the answers I got.

When I tried to hide in the bathroom to jump out and ask them all I got was screamed at, hit with a purse, maced, then tased when the police got there.

1190284363217.jpg

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
well crap....shoulda known. View attachment 15384
Yeah, that's just how I do things, hiding in bathrooms and what not.

Since we're on this fucked up subject, this reminds me of some wacko in Boulder, CO. a few years ago. Dude hid inside women's portapotties under a trash bag, got seen, and ran off. They caught his shit covered self, It's a strange world.

I have good sources that Rip Tripper is a portapottie hider, I'll make a video soon.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What he said^^^
Sigh..

It is NOT that Smokie posted it in the first place, it was that he refused to move the thread out of the HoS after it was seen as not true,

AND

Because of his personal opinion as to why Rip should be in the HoS, which has nothing to do with 'facts' and everything to do with his personal dislike of the guy.

Listen,

The HoS, as was mentioned several times, should be proven misleading and unethical practices by vendors and sellers, not for trying to shame someone you personally disagree with, or you personally dislike.

This is what @VaporJoes said this place was for: "Know a scammer? Dead beat vendor? Someone in the vaping community that straight up f*cked you?"

This is what 5150sick said in this very thread: "But the hall of shame WAS originally designed for shameful vendors and/or products."

Again, precedent can be a bad thing. Smokie has now set one, and everyone, and everything, is now fair game.

However, since that is the way this seems to be going, I personally believe that Smokie should not have done this and set this precedence, so I personally posted him in the Hall Of Shame as well for his actions and for the precedent he has set.

Is it clear now? :confused:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So where would you suggest the thread go?

Remember the 300 posts in the thread as well and not just the OP.

In other words PLEASE give us a fucking chance to make a section for all of this petty bullshit!

People are losing their rights to vape in public, their own condos, etc

People around the US are bracing for the horrible deeming REGS that the FDA originally designed for cigarettes and other combustible tobacco.

People are around the US have asshole politicians trying to pass of lost cigarette tax revenue on to US vapers basically punishing us for QUITTING smoking.

And we are worried about a bearded cartoon character who is afraid to go out in public and shake a few hands and some other dude from Texas with "420" in his screen name bickering back and forth to each other!

The fucking thread you are all bitching about is CLOSED! This is the new one.

The whole time as we gain more and more members and trolls by the thousands and we have the same old ten moderators trying to handle quadruple the traffic.

We are actually losing moderators because they either just wanted a pretty light blue box under their name but not the responsibility that comes along with it or they cried about other members "mistreating" them after getting modded or they just weren't up for the job.

I have been here since the beginning, before the forum was even open I was adding content so the first hundred members didn't have an empty forum to log on to.

Can you all please, please give us a fucking break about this stupid petty shit?

Thank you for fucking up the day of 5 VERY active moderators.

VU Sponsors