Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Tell me where the CLOSED thread should be moved to and i will move the fucking thing.
Or are we going to argue about that for 2 days too?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
WOW! That was very nice of you.. Take your frustrations about this place going downhill out on me. Like its my fault this Rip/420 thing was even brought up here on VU :confused:.

Not like that that is what I was going on about though.. :rolleyes:

Thats cool though.. I can take it.. I dont post if I dont wanna deal with the replies :cool:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tell me where the CLOSED thread should be moved to and i will move the fucking thing.
Or are we going to argue about that for 2 days too?
How about Smokies goes to 'news' or 'general' and mine (this one' goes to 'Umad bro'?

Sounds simple enough :rolleyes:

Adam the Aussie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you all please, please give us a fucking break about this stupid petty shit?

Thank you for fucking up the day of 5 VERY active moderators.

Cry me a fucking river, Joe & Smokie are the reason this issue is so big on this forum. If 5 mods have had their day fucked up it's on them, not the forum users. Stop your fucking whining and sort your shit out, because the mods and the bosses are obviously on totally different pages.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I didn't have to make a single fucking pizza today!
And I have been vaping my fishee brains out.

You HAVE to listen to this one:)

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I'm really disappointed with Smokie's response... So in all fairness - that means Joe should also be in the Hall of Shame (and should be receiving a lot more hate than Rip has).. he's 'pimped' a TON of FastTech deals for mods (and other sites) that ended up being shit... WHY IS IT OKAY TO CALL OUT ONE SINGLE PERSON AND NOT OTHERS?!

This is NOT what I expected from VU's moderators.. real shame on how this whole situation was handled..
First off Twisted called Rip out not Joe or me, and Joe makes it known to all (DISCLOSES) that he makes affiliate money on his pimps, and links. And second I am entitled to my opinion. You should direct your comments at Twisted,

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who the fuck are you and why did you even bother to respond.
You weren't even the one(s) I was talking about.

You HAVE to listed to this one:)

That was funny as hell,
made me really laugh out loud several times!
Got that shit on download now, and will be bumpin that funny shit in my little funny car.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Cry me a fucking river, Joe & Smokie are the reason this issue is so big on this forum. If 5 mods have had their day fucked up it's on them, not the forum users. Stop your fucking whining and sort your shit out, because the mods and the bosses are obviously on totally different pages.

You've got to be kidding me.

This is your 1st post to this thread so I obviously wasn't taking about you.

If you have such a problem with @Vaperjoe or @SMOKIE then why don't you PM THEM about it.
Cry them a fucking river, not me.

You have a 28 posts so far 85% of them are in the Rip/Twisted drama thread.

I get it. You really like one of those 2 reviewers and dislike the other.

I could give a fuck less who you like or dislike and you need to take it up with them.

BTW there was ONLY 5 MODS active here today.

Why not PM the people you have a problem with?

Christ, I said PLEASE even

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That was funny as hell,
Got that shit on download now, and will be bumpin that funny shit in my little funny car.

Bizarre is funny as hell.
If you have a dropbox or something PM me a link and I will upload you a couple of his albums.

Try this one:

And this one

:

Adam the Aussie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You've got to be kidding me.

This is your 1st post to this thread so I obviously wasn't taking about you.

If you have such a problem with @Vaperjoe or @SMOKIE then why don't you PM THEM about it.
Cry them a fucking river, not me.

You have a 28 posts so far 85% of them are in the Rip/Twisted drama thread.

I get it. You really like one of those 2 reviewers and dislike the other.

I could give a fuck less who you like or dislike and you need to take it up with them.

BTW there was ONLY 5 MODS active here today.

Why not PM the people you have a problem with?

Christ, I said PLEASE even

I don't have a problem with anyone. The reason you have problems is because of Vapor Joe and Smokie.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I don't have a problem with anyone. The reason you have problems is because of Vapor Joe and Smokie.

VaporJoe is my boss and Smokie recruited me so my hands are tied.

I do apologize for breaking bad on you my anger may have been misplaced.

If you ask anyone around here I am usually here: http://vapingunderground.com/forums/what-is-in-the-news.109/

Breaking bad on asshole politicians, congressman, ANTZ, Stanton Glantz, and the rest of the Big Pharma/Public Health mafia.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You CAN PM them with your concerns though.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
WOW! That was very nice of you.. Take your frustrations about this place going downhill out on me. Like its my fault this Rip/420 thing was even brought up here on VU :confused:.

Not like that that is what I was going on about though.. :rolleyes:

Thats cool though.. I can take it.. I dont post if I dont wanna deal with the replies :cool:

Actually is was a group effort of everyone working together to either hate on Rip, Twisted, or Both.

We have Phil, Todd, Grimm, etc... too Right?

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So where would you suggest the thread go?

Remember the 300 posts in the thread as well and not just the OP.

In other words PLEASE give us a fucking chance to make a section for all of this petty bullshit!

People are losing their rights to vape in public, their own condos, etc

People around the US are bracing for the horrible deeming REGS that the FDA originally designed for cigarettes and other combustible tobacco.

People are around the US have asshole politicians trying to pass of lost cigarette tax revenue on to US vapers basically punishing us for QUITTING smoking.

And we are worried about a bearded cartoon character who is afraid to go out in public and shake a few hands and some other dude from Texas with "420" in his screen name bickering back and forth to each other!

The fucking thread you are all bitching about is CLOSED! This is the new one.

The whole time as we gain more and more members and trolls by the thousands and we have the same old ten moderators trying to handle quadruple the traffic.

We are actually losing moderators because they either just wanted a pretty light blue box under their name but not the responsibility that comes along with it or they cried about other members "mistreating" them after getting modded or they just weren't up for the job.

I have been here since the beginning, before the forum was even open I was adding content so the first hundred members didn't have an empty forum to log on to.

Can you all please, please give us a fucking break about this stupid petty shit?

I agree there are much bigger issues but ppl love a good train wreck and someone caught with their ass hanging out draws the views.

As to the Smokie thing yeah his post was a little off base and adding Rip to the hall of shame when the issue is all hearsay and unconfirmed rumors is a bit kooky in my humble opinion, but now there are a bunch of Rip & Twisted threads down here. I can't wait for the two weeks to be up and we can all move on.

As to the moderator thing fuck enlist some recruits then, but choose wisely as some of these pricks are nuts lol
Actually is was a group effort of everyone working together to either hate on Rip, Twisted, or Both.

We have Phil, Todd, Grimm, etc... too Right?
Speaking of Green, I hope the roast of Grim Green at Slam gets uploaded.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sigh..

It is NOT that Smokie posted it in the first place, it was that he refused to move the thread out of the HoS after it was seen as not true,

:
How can you ccriticize smokie for his personal opinion not being based on facts and then give us this. It was "seen" as not true? Like the mod smokie bought that he saw as junk? Seriously. That's what you got?

Hell, I'm a new guy here so I'll shut up after this, but if smokie deserves his own thread here you just warned yours imo. I won't be petty and make it, just saying.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How can you ccriticize smokie for his personal opinion not being based on facts and then give us this. It was "seen" as not true? Like the mod smokie bought that he saw as junk? Seriously. That's what you got?

Hell, I'm a new guy here so I'll shut up after this, but if smokie deserves his own thread here you just warned yours imo. I won't be petty and make it, just saying.
Go ahead.. You seem to have trouble actually reading anyways, 'cause I did say Smokie set the precedent for making threads here about people you do not like. So, go ahead and make one about me.. Prove my point, LOL

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Go ahead.. You seem to have trouble actually reading anyways, 'cause I did say Smokie set the precedent for making threads here about people you do not like. So, go ahead and make one about me.. Prove my point, LOL
I don't dislike you. I don't really know you. Assuming the hall of shame is for calling out bad vendors, and I have a complaint with a vendor and post it, how do you know I'm telling the truth? You don't. However, that vendor could easily come in and tell their side, and people could judge for themselves.

Even if you think smokie just posted this because he doesn't like RT, the fact is that a manufacturer who RT has done reviews for has accused him of requesting payment for positive reviews before the reviews were done. If it happened, that is shady. And shameful. If Rip wants to come here and defend himself I would assume he is welcome to. Plenty of others have been defending him in his absence. None of us know if he did it or not, but it is fair to discuss it and to discuss it here.

If I say a vendor screwed me, and the vendor disagrees, and the way you see it I am probably wrong, do I lose the privilege to have my complaint listed?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
How about Smokies goes to 'news' or 'general' and mine (this one' goes to 'Umad bro'?

Sounds simple enough :rolleyes:

Do you honestly think this turd of a thread is anything but shameful? - http://vapingunderground.com/thread...led-out-live-on-mod-envy-by-twisted420.56860/

That isn't news (unless this was the national enquirer forum)

Remember Smokie is the one who broke the "Ebola can get into your ejuice" story which obviously saved us all from catching Ebola:D lololol

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ebola-virus-updates-and-can-it-make-its-way-into-e-juice.25488/

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First off Twisted called Rip out not Joe or me, and Joe makes it known to all (DISCLOSES) that he makes affiliate money on his pimps, and links. And second I am entitled to my opinion. You should direct your comments at Twisted,

I never implied that either you or Joe called out Rip..I was basing my comments off of yours (that were posted in VU) I also never said you couldn't share your opinion.. I'm just going to drop it because theres really no sense in arguing lol.. I love this forum and most of the people who are involved in it - the rest of the BS doesn't affect me in the least..

Regardless - the reviewer drama in general needs to fucking cease as it's clogging up this forum and adding more work for the Mod's who shouldn't really have to deal with this crap .. Rip's situation shouldn't matter to any of us.. if people want to watch him - great - but if people are going to believe everything he says and make bad purchases because of said review - well they will learn for themselves in the end and really have no one to blame but themselves..

I come on VU and let the community decide what my next purchase will be - not one single guy doing a YT review

This will be my last comment regarding the whole issue and I apologize since I probably kept this topic going MUCH longer than it needed to :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
And don't forget the million dollar give away we have planned too......Ooops:eek::D

Yes, I would like my 1 free entry in to your million dollar giveaway please:)
If I'm the only one who enters then how can I lose?:cool:

633846446934957090-imrich.jpg

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That was funny as hell,

BTW those 2 lines at the top that you quoted were not directed at you @Fishee
I was starting to type a response to someone else, got sidetracked, saw the ice cube video and instantly though of the funniest remake of that song ever!
I had to find it as quickly as possible to show you :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree there are much bigger issues but ppl love a good train wreck and someone caught with their ass hanging out draws the views.

As to the Smokie thing yeah his post was a little off base and adding Rip to the hall of shame when the issue is all hearsay and unconfirmed rumors is a bit kooky in my humble opinion, but now there are a bunch of Rip & Twisted threads down here. I can't wait for the two weeks to be up and we can all move on.

As to the moderator thing fuck enlist some recruits then, but choose wisely as some of these pricks are nuts lol

Speaking of Green, I hope the roast of Grim Green at Slam gets uploaded.

Unfortunately It was added here because it became a pissing match and too disruptive to the general forum and is continuing to be.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Unfortunately It was added here because it became a pissing match and too disruptive to the general forum and is continuing to be.
People aren't buying that. And frankly, they're right. That thread didn't belong here...if anything, it should've been moved to U MAD BRO or merged with another thread on this topic. There's about 6 to choose from.

This section of the forums has been for vendors who have done wrong by customers or outright scams. To say that Rip Trippers belongs here just because someone bought a mod based on one of his reviews that turned out to be crap is a pretty big stretch.

But, people also need to understand why it hasn't been moved out of here also. It's politics. Smokie put it here, and he's pretty high up on the food chain. No moderator is going to openly question this, much less move the thread, even if they agree that it doesn't belong here. Being a moderator is a thankless shit job, been there, done that. People need to stop throwing stones at the mods on this.

Challenge Smokie all ya want, and good luck with that. But the mods' hands are tied.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you honestly think this turd of a thread is anything but shameful? - http://vapingunderground.com/thread...led-out-live-on-mod-envy-by-twisted420.56860/

That isn't news (unless this was the national enquirer forum)

Remember Smokie is the one who broke the "Ebola can get into your ejuice" story which obviously saved us all from catching Ebola:D lololol

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ebola-virus-updates-and-can-it-make-its-way-into-e-juice.25488/

LOL I forgot about that thread.. priceless!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
as of this moment unless other higher admins over ride me this thread is moved to u mad bro and the rest will be locked and directed to this one.

feel free to pm me links to any i might have missed and they to will be shut down and directed here

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, you're missing mine. "The truth" as listed in the op wasn't the final version of the story. If figure as long as we are telling "the truth" we should tell the whole truth. And let's be honest, this is what this is all about. RT fans mad that someone had the audacity to report that there are vendors out there claiming to have been approached by RT asking for payments for positive reviews in advance of videos being posted.

Nope. Rip didn't approach anyone. They approached him, asking for an ENDORSEMENT on an app. This had nothing to do with a product review. Equity and/or payments for endorsements are common business practice.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nope. Rip didn't approach anyone. They approached him, asking for an ENDORSEMENT on an app. This had nothing to do with a product review. Equity and/or payments for endorsements are common business practice.
If you read the screenshot you will see that you are wrong. Kurt from CCI said payment was requested for advertising and positive reviews. I'm not posting it again, as I'm on the phone and refuse to put forth the effort again and I've posted it multiple times. Plus, I've run into several of you guys pushing the app story and none of them, upon seeing the proof, have said "Based on this new info I have to reconsider my opinion" so if you want to see it (and you probably don't) it should be somewhere prior to the post you quoted.

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And we are worried about a bearded cartoon character who is afraid to go out in public and shake a few hands and some other dude from Texas with "420" in his screen name bickering back and forth to each other!

No " fucking break " when you post shit like this. That whole paragraph is stupid petty shit. You make it sound like a private argument, which it is not. Twisted called Rip a pos and called for his banishment in a public post. Then several misleading and outright wrong accusations are made by Twisted, and btw he posted an email as proof that was anything but. For this you call him a dude. Rip, the innocent party in all this you call a bearded cartoon character.

I think I see where your coming from now.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you read the screenshot you will see that you are wrong. Kurt from CCI said payment was requested for advertising and positive reviews. I'm not posting it again, as I'm on the phone and refuse to put forth the effort again and I've posted it multiple times. Plus, I've run into several of you guys pushing the app story and none of them, upon seeing the proof, have said "Based on this new info I have to reconsider my opinion" so if you want to see it (and you probably don't) it should be somewhere prior to the post you quoted.
there may be new info but there is no proof. if/when proof is presented then we will reconsider. i mean anything at all to actually implicate rip, like emails, texts, or anything direct from rip. if he really did this and kurt was dumb enough to delete the correspondence then he isnt much of a source and he should have further engaged rip to get new evidence (again if rip really was asking for payment for positive reviews). that is the bottom line and until that happens rip is innocent

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

What proof? Please point out to us any proof that Rip accepted money for a positive review. The email described a request for equity as compensation for an endorsement of an app. Just because the writer chose to describe it as taking money for a positive review doesn't make it so.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No " fucking break " when you post shit like this. That whole paragraph is stupid petty shit. You make it sound like a private argument, which it is not. Twisted called Rip a pos and called for his banishment in a public post. Then several misleading and outright wrong accusations are made by Twisted, and btw he posted an email as proof that was anything but. For this you call him a dude. Rip, the innocent party in all this you call a bearded cartoon character.

Well..... Rip is a clown.

I don't like him as a reviewer, and I don't like quack Mallard either. One acts like a tart, the other like a foul mouthed newbie.

But you MUST see, at this point, the MODS have no power over the admins. If you have issues, take it up with them. Stop being a turd.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What proof? Please point out to us any proof that Rip accepted money for a positive review. The email described a request for equity as compensation for an endorsement of an app. Just because the writer chose to describe it as taking money for a positive review doesn't make it so.
Again, the screenshot posted mentions nothing of an app. You need to read before you speak. You quote me then say "What proof?" Read the post again and find where I said anything about "proof". I didn't. In fact, I've never said anything about him being guilty.

Now, as to your artistic liberties, you're being ridiculous. The writer described an "app" as a "positive review"? That's absurd. He also said he sent product to Rip and he reviewed it. I suppose in your world "sent product" means "emailed a link" and "reviewed" means "downloaded"?

You're being as ridiculous as the folks who declare him guilty based on the little evidence we have now. You and I weren't there so we don't know what transpired, but you can't ask reasonable people to make the positively absurd leaps you are making to declare his innocence.

Reactions: Jah

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
that is the bottom line and until that happens rip is innocent
That is a fair opinion to which you are completely entitled. I'm not trying to change your mind. I haven't really formed an opinion on it yet. I don't watch many of his reviews anyhow, so I'm not in any hurry. Lol.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
as i understand it the whole rip thing was twisted calling him out based at this point third party hearsay and then everyone quoting twisted (from all the blogs then to Vaporjoes) which further messed things up some blogs released the updated information others simply dropped the ball but remember when reading a blog or article it is always good to read from the sources rather then quote. i myself stayed out of it until more information was available. i will say this i have seen alot of RIP and twisted videos when i needed to. they both have what i call an in your face way of presenting things which is not my cup of tea. some reviewers stick to facts which also tends to be long winded and boring. each of course have seen some clicks as a result of this mess. as a result we now have a mass of threads closed and pointed here in the hopes of at least making sure members see the latest information.

when it comes to Staff in general Moderators are here to stop spammers and baby sit if and when needed. if you have an issue with a moderators action any worth there salt will at least hear you out and as a result change their judgement or action. VU is a place for adults to Discuss things but certain things are best handled by PM while others are best handled in public or if needed pming a third party for review.

Admins are here to General over see the actions of Mods and in the rare case agree with moderator action or correct it. if you have an issue with Admins action they are always open to be pm'ed or tagged into a subject.

Edit: as per RIp and the whole requesting to be paid for reviews thing we should all know by now that. the request was for advertising ie plugging a product which he does do frequently. Watch a rip video on one product vet he mentions another unrelated product ie advertising or plugging.

Last edited:

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Edit: as per RIp and the whole requesting to be paid for reviews thing we should all know by now that. the request was for advertising ie plugging a product which he does do frequently. Watch a rip video on one product vet he mentions another unrelated product ie advertising or plugging.
According to Kurt from Cloud Chasers Inc, as he posted on his facebook wall following the twisted video, this was about requesting to be paid for both advertising and positive reviews in advance prior to reviewing the product. Again, I can't say if it happened or not, but Kurt did say that there was talk of payment for positive reviews.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Im sorry but I don't know where you're from but when I look at twisteds first YouTube video and his newest video I see the same guy.
A normal dude. Looks like that anyway.
His only fault is her may be or used to be a stoner because of the "420" in his screen name.

If you look at rips first YouTube video he looks like a normal dude.
If you look at his newest video the dude looks insane.
Kind of like a cartoon image of his former self.
I don't let reviews trick me into buying shit.
I just call em like I see em.
Did twisted fuck up this time? Probably.
But I personally don't give a fuck about either of them.
I don't know them and I am not friends with either.
So fuck em both.

Last edited:

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
CCI.jpg

@trlrtrash13 i think you are referring to this and from what i can see it only mentions payment for advertising as seen at http://www.v4p3r.com/twisted420-puts-rip-on-blast-ends-up-looking-like-a-schmuck/

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I have talked to Kurt, personally. At length.

The whole discussion about 2% equity in the company was compensation for Rip to endorse a product (not vape hardware) and was not payment for any kind of review. Basically, Rip would lend his name to it, kind of like a celebrity endorsement, which happens all the time outside of the vaping world. That deal never even happened. It was discussed, but never came to be. End of story. Furthermore, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with it being discussed, nothing wrong if it would have actually happened.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
CCI.jpg

@trlrtrash13 i think you are referring to this and from what i can see it only mentions payment for advertising as seen at http://www.v4p3r.com/twisted420-puts-rip-on-blast-ends-up-looking-like-a-schmuck/
He clearly says Ray hit him up about Rip attempting to get paid for "advertising/positive reviews" and that Rip "had done the same thing to me" before he did any videos related to CCI. If you can't see that, than you're not looking.

Now I understand that he goes on to say that Rip never tried to get him to pay for the positive reviews that he gave him, but that doesn't cancel out the statement that positive reviews were offered in exchange for payment before any videos were done. If Kurt had faith in his product and sent it and took his chances on what kind of a review he would get, good for him.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

The whole discussion about 2% equity in the company was compensation for Rip to endorse a product (not vape hardware) and was not payment for any kind of review. Basically, Rip would lend his name to it, kind of like a celebrity endorsement, which happens all the time outside of the vaping world. That deal never even happened. It was discussed, but never came to be. End of story. Furthermore, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with it being discussed, nothing wrong if it would have actually happened.
Agreed, there is nothing wrong with what you have stated. I'm talking about Kurt's statement on the CCI page about product reviews.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
He clearly says Ray hit him up about Rip attempting to get paid for "advertising/positive reviews" and that Rip "had done the same thing to me" before he did any videos related to CCI. If you can't see that, than you're not looking.
I see it. But again, it's hearsay. It's "I know a guy who posted that he got an email from another guy (who he doesn't even know)". It means nothing. Even saying that Rip did the same thing to him, it's just another allegation without proof.

Show me a returned check made out to Rip Trippers. Show me email correspondence on company letterhead. Show me a video or recording with Rip's voice (or his assistant Gregg) demanding payment for reviews. THOSE are smoking guns. THOSE are proof of wrongdoing. Any "evidence" or hearsay outside of that is totally baseless.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Exactly. Celebrity endorsements are all over the place and paying for them is 100% legal.
As long as it's an endorsement he doesn't even have to mention he gets paid by them.
It's sort of a given.
Like when a nascar racer gets out of his car and has a Budweiser hat on and takes a drink of a gatorade in front of the camera.

Some brands who also sponsor the racer and have their logos on his car.
Which sounds like what Kurt was trying to do with Rip and CCI products.

There is no difference in legality from what Rip Trippers endorses and what other 'famous' people such as Michael Jordan, Cal Ripken Jr., Tom Brady, etc... endorse.

They all play by the same rules when it comes to that kind of thing.

For instance, If Rip was reviewing a new atty but during the review he mentioned that the atty was on his CCI mod box and there will be a link to the CCI along with a link to where the atty came from in the notes below the video then that would be fine.

I wouldn't be legal to take $500 from the atty maker and review it, saying it was awesome and everyone needs to own one.
Unless he mentions or has a clear statement that he was paid to endorse the product somewhere in the video. (even if it goes by really fast and in small font)

Last edited:

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Now I understand that he goes on to say that Rip never tried to get him to pay for the positive reviews that he gave him, but that doesn't cancel out the statement that positive reviews were offered in exchange for payment before any videos were done. If Kurt had faith in his product and sent it and took his chances on what kind of a review he would get, good for him.
He actually Clearly Says Ray lopez made a post about rip attempting to receive payment for advertisement/positive reviews.
He as in ray received an email from an unknown person to Kurt.
he then says Rip had attempted to do the same thing before to him before rip did anything for CCI but later he says the only payment that was asked for by RIP to KURT CCI was for advertising and to note no payment was made for the review. to paraphrase and to quote v4p3r. "“He received an email from someone I don’t know, and this guy told Ray, who told Matt, who told Twisted”. "

Now if you can show prove that a payment was made for a positive review then that is a whole another ball of wax.

but my take on it is as i said above.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Personally I'm shocked when someone DOESN'T get paid for reviews or affiliate links. Frankly its almost par for the course. IMO even if he does get paid its a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

And finally a Facebook or phone text that anyone can Photoshop doesn't really prove much.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now if you can show prove that a payment was made for a positive review then that is a whole another ball of wax.
I'm not claiming that payment was made for a positive review, let alone claiming to have proof of such. My only point is that what was claimed to have happened has been misrepresented. In your post, for example, you are conflating the issue. Kurt spoke to two separate occasions. He stated that payment for positive reviews was discussed before videos were made, but that there was never an attempt by Rip to collect any such payment after the reviews for CCI were posted. The implication being, as I read it, that the service was offered but never used and hence never paid for nor were attempts made to collect payment.
To be clear, none of these accusations stem from me, nor do I claim to have inside knowledge of them. My only dispute is how the claims are being misrepresented, and the attitude of some that to acknowledge the existence of said claims is to imply guilt. I make no such implications.

VU Sponsors