Become a Patron!

New to vaping, I am from Southern Maryland.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
:wave: Welcome to the forum.

What type of vaping device are you looking to get?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Eleffer and welcome to VU :vino: , you are in the right place to learn. We have so many threads packed with valuable information and many very helpful folks to help you with what you need to know, just ask and in a bit someone will come along and help.
Enjoy the forum, it's a wonderful place

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What E-Liquid Must You Pick?

When it involves selecting an e-liquid, the following have to be compelled to be considered:

• Thickness.
  • Nicotine strength.
  • Flavour.

I'll add a few more things to be considered in choosing juice/s.

Where is coming from? Getting it from a reputable vendor? Taking some juice from a DIY friend?

By this, I mean, do you trust the source of the juice? There ought to be very few ingredients in any juice.

Flavorings

Don't get obsessive over what is used to make flavorings. Often the recipes for flavors themselves are very guarded "trade secrets". To be flavors that are used in cooking, baking, and now vaping these mixes have to be listed as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe). So, you can be reasonably sure that flavors are okay themselves. Avoid oil based flavors, though. We like water-soluble favors. Water can be exasperated from the lungs, oil cannot be. Oil can drown you. Water in flavorings is minimal, ergo not so much a risk as oil.

PG/VG

Propylene Glycol is used to give flavorings a boost. It acts more as a carrier than Vegetable Glycerin. VG is thicker and is often cited to help produce more/thicker vapor. A good 70 PG / 30 VG mix usually does well for most, and always express it as PG/VG this helps everyone in business and hobbyists all stay sane, gives us a standard way to communicate how much PG & VG is in any juice. I like 0/100 or no PG, all VG juice. I like it that way simply because for me (subjective opinion), it seems that viscosity (thickness) works better in squonking.

Nicotine

Usually you'd buy it from one of very few authorized labs, or already added to a "carrier" / "base" / "solution" juice. Learn about your strengths and understand higher nicotine isn't always better, nor is it always worse. Nicotine on its own does not cause cancer. It restricts blood vessels, though. If you're using it, be aware of that, be sure it is a risk you're willing to take.

Do you trust the vendor/friend? This is just common sense. Don't trust some skeezy looking fool out of a back alley, offering you Hella deal on 55 gallon drums full of juice for pennies. People have spiked juice with malicious contents. They are some evil folk "out there" who just want to hurt others. Don't let 'em, walk right on by, go to a vendor that has been in business a while and plans on being in business a while more.

If it's a buddy, and you trust your buddy to say offer you some leaf that is sweet, sure trust their vaping juice, too. But be sure you really trust that buddy.
Vaping culture overlaps the marijuana use culture. Ergo the "trust to toke" rule fits with vaping as well. Not that vapers are necessarily marijuana users or marijuana users are vapers. it is simply the two cultures sharing similar mentalities. Neither of us want anyone hurt, generally speaking. We do want people to relax, enjoy a good time and life in general.

You can buy the disposable type vapes around any decent pan shops around delhi and the more complex systems can be found in one off stores all around the city. As for bringing your own i would recommend putting it in your check in baggage along with other random stuff like trimmer etc. my luggage has never been flagged yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'll add a few more things to be considered in choosing juice/s.

Where is coming from? Getting it from a reputable vendor? Taking some juice from a DIY friend?

By this, I mean, do you trust the source of the juice? There ought to be very few ingredients in any juice.

Flavorings

Don't get obsessive over what is used to make flavorings. Often the recipes for flavors themselves are very guarded "trade secrets". To be flavors that are used in cooking, baking, and now vaping these mixes have to be listed as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe). So, you can be reasonably sure that flavors are okay themselves. Avoid oil based flavors, though. We like water-soluble favors. Water can be exasperated from the lungs, oil cannot be. Oil can drown you. Water in flavorings is minimal, ergo not so much a risk as oil.

PG/VG

Propylene Glycol is used to give flavorings a boost. It acts more as a carrier than Vegetable Glycerin. VG is thicker and is often cited to help produce more/thicker vapor. A good 70 PG / 30 VG mix usually does well for most, and always express it as PG/VG this helps everyone in business and hobbyists all stay sane, gives us a standard way to communicate how much PG & VG is in any juice. I like 0/100 or no PG, all VG juice. I like it that way simply because for me (subjective opinion), it seems that viscosity (thickness) works better in squonking.

Nicotine

Usually you'd buy it from one of very few authorized labs, or already added to a "carrier" / "base" / "solution" juice. Learn about your strengths and understand higher nicotine isn't always better, nor is it always worse. Nicotine on its own does not cause cancer. It restricts blood vessels, though. If you're using it, be aware of that, be sure it is a risk you're willing to take.

Do you trust the vendor/friend? This is just common sense. Don't trust some skeezy looking fool out of a back alley, offering you Hella deal on 55 gallon drums full of juice for pennies. People have spiked juice with malicious contents. They are some evil folk "out there" who just want to hurt others. Don't let 'em, walk right on by, go to a vendor that has been in business a while and plans on being in business a while more.

If it's a buddy, and you trust your buddy to say offer you some leaf that is sweet, sure trust their vaping juice, too. But be sure you really trust that buddy.
Vaping culture overlaps the marijuana use culture. Ergo the "trust to toke" rule fits with vaping as well. Not that vapers are necessarily marijuana users or marijuana users are vapers. it is simply the two cultures sharing similar mentalities. Neither of us want anyone hurt, generally speaking. We do want people to relax, enjoy a good time and life in general.
> think u got the pg/vg backwards, 70vg/30pg, not 70 pg 30vg (altho i do remember when 70%pg was more common 4 or 5 years ago)

Whatever tho

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
> think u got the pg/vg backwards, 70vg/30pg, not 70 pg 30vg (altho i do remember when 70%pg was more common 4 or 5 years ago)

Whatever tho

Yep, stuck in the past, too. Recall a lot using 70PG/30 until there was a switch to 30PG/70. I like full VG, but am not a cloud chaser. VG seems able to hold flavors, at least imho, fwiw.

I'm still upset we don't use trinitrotoluene. *shrugs, winks*

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
*winks back*
No idea what that is

Edit oh..get it in az i believe maybe still, go have a *ehem* blast

Last edited:

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is soooo much to choose from nowadays. IMO, I'd go with a Caliburn type device, purchase a bunch of MTL coils w/ a 55mg nic salt or a 12mg/18mg free base liquid.

Shoot me a PM

Just trying to echo what many of the other people here have already said. Try different flavors. Find one you like? Take notes. What is it that you like, what is the balance of flavors. Is it strawberry that tastes fresh, or something tropical? Do tobacco flavors with a bit of sweetness like caramel work for you? Try out what is available and once you have found what types of flavors you like, look into the DIY side. Not only do you get much more control with what is in your juice, but the cost is usually 5-10% of what the store will charge you. Getting nicotine is becoming harder in many countries, including the US, Canada, and the UK, but it may still be possible in your locale, for now. I hope this becomes a hobby for you, like it did for me, with the positive benefit that you put the cancer sticks down for good! Welcome

VU Sponsors