Become a Patron!

New to vaping, need help!

Hey guys,

Like the title says I’m fairly new to vaping, my girlfriend bought me a vape to help quit smoking and I’ve come to love it a bit. Recently bought a Nautilus 5ml tank and it’s been working great. I use a .7 coil in it at around 20W and it was working great for about 2 weeks.

I was buying a lot of various Crown juices and then I bought Dr. Dogs Sirius (deep fried strawberry ice cream) and after a few days the flavour was starting to die out and it seemed as though the chimney was clogged or something because my airflow was drastically decreased.

Took it to my local vape shop and they kept saying there’s no leakage problems other than the known problems the nautilus rank has. I just want to know if there’s something I’m doing wrong or what I can do to fix it?

Again I’m still pretty new to vaping so if I left out any info needed let me know and I’ll respind ASAP.

Thanks I’m advance guys!

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"..deep fried strawberry ice cream.."
Makes me think SWEET.. SWEET cruds coils. Cruddy coils impede airflow: replace the coil.

For proof, take the old coil apart and look inside.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. Sounds like it might be time to swap the coil on that thing. The new juice might be dirtying it up or may be too high a VG to run efficiently in that setup. Great first starter atomizer though.

Welcome to VU. Sounds like it might be time to swap the coil on that thing. The new juice might be dirtying it up or may be too high a VG to run efficiently in that setup. Great first starter atomizer though.

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I forgot to mention I’ve changed the coil 3 times since the problem started, when I was generally going through coils weekly.

is it possible I just can’t run sweet juices through this tank? The guy at the shop told me it’s a low powered mod (maxes at 40W) which he said was rare to find tanks for nowadays. Just spitballing ideas now.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Its a 75% VG juice with a lot of sweeteners, it may just be a little more than the Nautilus coils can handle. I know you can run really clean 100% VG juices through them with irregular use but this might be more than it can do with that juice. Sounds amazing though, makes me want to whip some of that business up.

Its a 75% VG juice with a lot of sweeteners, it may just be a little more than the Nautilus coils can handle. I know you can run really clean 100% VG juices through them with irregular use but this might be more than it can do with that juice. Sounds amazing though, makes me want to whip some of that business up.

Thanks for the help, I’ve got another bottle of juice on hand so I’ll try running that through the coil and letting you know how it works. Should I try switching the coil out as well? I highly recommend the dr fogs lineup of juices, they’re phenomenal for sure ! Might have to look into getting a setup that can run them lol

Only downfall to this is the strawberry ice cream is the only juice I’ve tried so far that I actually loved and could fill consecutive tanks with without getting tired of it! Any other recommendations similar that I could possibly run through this setup?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks for the help, I’ve got another bottle of juice on hand so I’ll try running that through the coil and letting you know how it works. Should I try switching the coil out as well? I highly recommend the dr fogs lineup of juices, they’re phenomenal for sure ! Might have to look into getting a setup that can run them lol

It can be the proverbial bowling ball through a clogged garden hose with some juices. If the flavors are complimentary might try skipping changing the coil and see what happens. You can always swap it later if it is all choked out.

hi guys... I want to buy minikin reborn 168w mod and some RDA atomizer and i want to ask if RDA is compatible to 168w mod and which one do you recommend me? thanks for help

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
hi guys... I want to buy minikin reborn 168w mod and some RDA atomizer and i want to ask if RDA is compatible to 168w mod and which one do you recommend me? thanks for help

If it fits, looks good and you can build it, then it should work. How did the other thing work out?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
is it possible I just can’t run sweet juices through this tank? The guy at the shop told me it’s a low powered mod (maxes at 40W) which he said was rare to find tanks for nowadays. Just spitballing ideas now.
It's not hard to find ppl that vape at 40w or less, or the tanks or atomizer they use to do it.
Rareness in a vape shop is usually the knowledge of "the guy".

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might suggest @xKJCFx try dialing back the VG when using the sweeter juices. Try an old standard 50/50 mix, that's 50% PG / 50% VG, that ought to let you use the sweeter juices with a little less gunking up. Barring that, steer away from sweeter juices.

I mixed up some Snake Oil today. It is blacker than sin covered in tar. The juice had been in some tanks gathering *ahem* flavor. ;) :p Wife smelled it and said it smelled like a robust pipe tobacco. I dole it out in wee doses of my max VG unflavored base. The black juice taints the clear juice a soft glowing orange. It vapes alright for me, tastes like a robust pipe tobacco.

But I'm using a mech and a 0.50 ohm coil, swapping out cotton wick regularly, swap out the coil too if it gets to cruddy or breaks. That and I'm perfectly alright vaping unflavored ergo I'm not a flavor enthusiast to the point some may appear. For your own benefit, do not ask what Snake oil has in it, not quite sure meself .. hehe. :)

VU Sponsors