Become a Patron!

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Just introducing myself quickly new to vaping if u count a couple years on a Suorin Pod new. I've discovered I'm bored with my device but the main issue is the lack of smoke production which apparently is a biggy if I'm going to have any sort of chance at quitting the dreadful cigarettes & only recently found this to b a req for me. It's basically wbays missing & why I'm still grabbing for real cigs.

I don't know a ton basically I am aware that any coils over 1.0 require salt nics to be beneficial in my device without damaging or having it leak and things. I know I want both ejuice options for this next device salt nic & freebase just so I'm not tossing perfectly good juice out. ;)
I've come down to a smok device trusted in the industry I guess from what I gather. The 2 devices on my mind are the Smok rpm 40 & Smok Nord 50 devices but figured I better get some advice considering my lack of real concrete knowledge which is other than what's on the webernet my new word but you always help tremendously & seem to know ur stuff. Ur welcome btw but ty 2 each of u who do give much needed help!!!
I smoke about a pack a day (Marb Light or mainly Ultra Lights) so I'm thinking for freebase I need to add a new ejuice to my stock now with this new device that's around 12MG but worry that might b a little much even at that. Anyway your expertise is very appreciated to help me finally kick this nasty habit!! And to b clear I'm open to any recommendations if u think some better than those I've mentioned not stuck on the brand or anything like that. TY so very very very much for u all time 2 btw!!

P.S. got a new phone & spellchecker isn't working at the moment & time it takes to proofread would defeat the whole purpose here so I apologize now for anything that seemed to come out sounding a bit or alotta sideways above. Ty 4 ur understanding that above is truly the best i got for ya today lol

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Sry just to be clear I currently use a Suorin Drop device & its great just miss the smoke to quit permantly & missed that above apparently. Ty

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
OK...its not smoke, right? And ...
over 1.0 require salt nics to be beneficial in my device without damaging or having it leak and things.
... that Drop is better suited for salts, but because of its small reservoir and power output. .1Ω is highly suitable for freebase in the right device.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Power (wattage) and airflow determine vapor output.
Consider something that will do mouth-to-lung like the Drop, but has wattage control and airflow control. That will give you the ability to adjust to your liking.

What nic strength salt you have/been using?

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Power (wattage) and airflow determine vapor output.
Consider something that will do mouth-to-lung like the Drop, but has wattage control and airflow control. That will give you the ability to adjust to your liking.

What nic strength salt you have/been using?
I'm sorry that's actually what I have already is the drop but desperately need to produce more smoke as this was discovered thru vaping on the Drop that this was what's making me not quit smoking & grab cigs over the vape that major missing component. So now I'm ready for the next device style no more reg pods I mean like this device. They just don't do it or enough that is.

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry that's actually what I have already is the drop but desperately need to produce more smoke as this was discovered thru vaping on the Drop that this was what's making me not quit smoking & grab cigs over the vape that major missing component. So now I'm ready for the next device style no more reg pods I mean like this device. They just don't do it or enough that is.
And ty I do know that's what determines the vapor level which is why I'm looking for a new device cuz the Drop wo t cut it. I need the next level so to speak but don't wanna get in over my head either with some crazy box mod I need what's in between that's where I found the smok rpm 40 & nord 50 seemed to fit her bill since I assume they won't require much maintenence outside of knowing which is using the proper coils with the rt juice and I am pretty sure I get that after a year even 2 yrs I think I've been at this now lol but what I understand is anything resistance 1.0 or higher is gonna use nic salts anything less the freebase. Right?! Lol

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
And I'm usually nax on nic salts but haven't been grabbing for the deviceat all lately but I get the top max 2 or the MGs that are the most whichever they are guessing without grabbing here I think one is 50 and maybe the other 40 MGs but knowing if they are sufficient is a guess just cuz u haven't relied heavily on my device solely speaking & only recently discovered the why - this girl needs more smoke badly or I am going to fail type deal ...bringing me to this all-knowing forum today that i dig so much ;)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry that's actually what I have already is the drop
The Drop is a MTL device, so I was referencing the type of draw you've been having with that Drop.
For more [VAPOR] you can consider moving to a restricted direct lung type of draw, known for short as RDL. RDL provides more [VAPOR] than MTL and if the device has airflow control and wattage control, you have the flexibility to adjust it. Different because you inhale from the tip straight to your lungs, not the tip to mouth then inhale like you've been doing.

50mg salt is high nic. So understandably a small hit like the Drop produces is what 50mg is for. Your current vape is probably missing the throat hit the cig gives.

From what you describe, wattage adjustment. air flow control, and changing to about 18mg freebase in a device that, becasue of its airflow control, can be a tightly restricted DL, or a little more air if you choose.

And no, .1Ω or higher is not salt only, it CAN use freebase.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Of those 2, Nord 50 w/ Nord .8Ω or LP2 .6Ω , probably the .8 coming from a Drop, and freebase juice.
And maybe a power bank if your going to be away from a power source for some hrs while using up that 1800Mah for the power usage needed for that more vapor.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome to the forum

:hug:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Sup sup

Check out the voopoo pnp stuff.

Also, freemax uses coil wick material that gives a little more of the throat hit that u feel with cigs.

Also think about the flavor and sometimes turning up the wattage (if u get a device u can), to give u a warmer vape

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Agree with @Mr_Nobody about the Voopoo PNP coil series. Devices like the Drag X pod mod are durable, perform well, and are easy to set up.

Also the Lost Vape Centaurus Quest Q80 that uses LV Ultra Boost coils. Coils are good for restricted direct lung vaping, which will produce more vapor and a warmer, denser vape than your Suorin.

Same is true for the PNP-series coils. Try to stay around 0.3 to 0.4 ohms, 35 to 45 watts, with freebase e-liquid at either 12 or 18 mg for starters. If you find that you can put down the cigarettes, you can reduce that nicotine level a little at a time, over time. That's what I have done, down to 6 mg which is where I plan to stay.

Either of those devices, with a pod-type tank, can be ordered online for $30-40 plus shipping, and use removable/replaceable 18650 batteries, which you'd need to order separately. Since they are single-battery devices, battery can be charged in the pod mod using the USB cable that comes with, or you can use an external charger like a Nitecore.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Others have given good options and since I'm a mechanical mod, full direct lung vapor I really cannot add. Also, we vape with devices that produce vapor not smoke just to let you know.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've discovered I'm bored with my device but the main issue is the lack of smoke production which apparently is a biggy if I'm going to have any sort of chance at quitting the dreadful cigarettes & only recently found this to b a req for me. It's basically wbays missing & why I'm still grabbing for real cigs.
Hello and welcome! First... please call it vapor (not smoke)... many newbies make this mistake so no worries. Quitting cigs is not easy (there are other compounds besides nicotine and this is why it's hard at first) When I started vaping, it got me down to 5 cigs a day (from a pack a day) After several months, I finally quit... just vaped. You can use "freebase" (regular nic) or salts... it doesn't matter (has more to do with the VG/PG ratio) Salts tend to be higher nic (which works for small devices like you have) If you get a new device (that produces more vapor... and I don't mean "cloud chasing" with high wattage) you can use lower nic levels. Consider a "pod mod" or something just a little bigger than what you have (battery will also last longer) Finding a good flavor e-liquid really helps (everyone like different flavors so you will just have to try different ones) Where are you located (no need to be specific but if you are in the US just tell us which state... they have different regulations) If you go to a local vape shop, don't let them talk you into some big ass high power device (they often do this) Ask here and we will help you choose something.

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Excellent info ty & thanks for offering up the advice if needed. I've appreciated all of ur help whoever u r that have in past. I'm sure ur probly aware, but this by far IS best place to get excellent advice from ppl who also know what they're talking about which I so appreciate & I'm located in the States over in Washington State (& no it doesn't rain near as much as they say - but why on Earth would we tell everyone we love it here so as long as ya keep it between us)

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
I actually thot 12mg was a lot after reading the sea of stuff online but now I feel good at 12. I'm highest salt nic. So how much if anything in diff u think in these diff units is it truly noticeable ya think it would b 12mg freebase probly at 1st & I've learned to the RPM 40 but that other comment about the other coils & other brand can't member unit but the RPM 40 & Nord r pod mods right cuz it's why I picked em but the next reason was they can use both freebase and salts purdy sure so I don't wanna b throwing a bunch of good juice out that's literally all I'm thinkin there but this is all honestly from a simple chick just dabbling a bit back into maybe quitting & really wanting to buy seeing something might actually work is good start it's definitely possibility haven't been able to say that about many if any up until now so I'm just wanting to find happy place to get into the groove of it cuz I wanna see if u can maybe do it it's kinda exciting cuz I don't do what I don't want to do basically I have to find belief in something for it to have a chance on working or its pointless just me so if it's gonna I actually need to believe there's possibility for real this may work it's def changing my mind on the topic that's crazy in itself

I got a side question that's unrelated to some extent but I just recd my order from a very known reputable place but when I bot the 2 disposable ecigs they said reg nic not synthetic & they were both very obviously menthol flavored when I tried em yet the pkgs of both the same company disposables didn't actually say menthol on them both but did say Synthetic Nic which was the online biz whoops I assume cuz they gladly offered a refund once contacted great company to work with I just thot this was odd & trend unfortunately happened cuz off the vape mail ban n things the bars were somewhat popular I'd say in top 10 best vapes of buyers brands so it was odd to not be honest with their distributor obviously intentional I would say maybe just me but idk r all disposable flavored menthol kind or do they make the norm reg kind in disposables in the US I'm clueless

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
but the RPM 40 & Nord r pod mods right
Right.
they can use both freebase and salts
Don't be hung up on freebase vs salts. Any device can use either. It's like this: Salts generally have higher concentrations of nic; 20mg/ml or more. So they're best used with higher Ohm coils run at lower power so you don't get too much nic into you too quickly. Freebase liquids with lower nic concentrations, no higher than 12 and usually less, are the ones to use with lower Ohm, higher power, cloud chucking coils, if that's what you like, but can be used with any device at any power setting without issue.
the pkgs of both the same company disposables didn't actually say menthol on them
Do they say "ice" on them? That means a cooling agent is in there and may be what's giving you a menthol-like sensation. Lots of disposables have such cooling agents.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have not tried synthetic nic. It costs more. Some people don't like it... others say it's fine. There was a panic about possible super taxes on nic (didn't happen... yet) and people were discussing synthetic as a way to avoid this. I think they changed the laws to include synthetic so it doesn't make sense anymore (I'm not really sure how this all went down)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have not tried synthetic nic. It costs more. Some people don't like it... others say it's fine. There was a panic about possible super taxes on nic (didn't happen... yet) and people were discussing synthetic as a way to avoid this. I think they changed the laws to include synthetic so it doesn't make sense anymore (I'm not really sure how this all went down)

Not that you'd call it a "super tax," but Virginia has enacted a 6.6 cent per ml tax on nicotine, or $6.60 per 100ml bottle of pre-mixed e-liquid. That's significant when you figure that a lot of decent e-liquid used to be available for about $10 per 100ml.

Some online shops charge the tax, others don't (probably because they haven't gotten caught yet).

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I actually thot 12mg was a lot after reading the sea of stuff online but now I feel good at 12. I'm highest salt nic. So how much if anything in diff u think in these diff units is it truly noticeable ya think it would b 12mg freebase probly at 1st & I've learned to the RPM 40 but that other comment about the other coils & other brand can't member unit but the RPM 40 & Nord r pod mods right cuz it's why I picked em but the next reason was they can use both freebase and salts purdy sure so I don't wanna b throwing a bunch of good juice out that's literally all I'm thinkin there but this is all honestly from a simple chick just dabbling a bit back into maybe quitting & really wanting to buy seeing something might actually work is good start it's definitely possibility haven't been able to say that about many if any up until now so I'm just wanting to find happy place to get into the groove of it cuz I wanna see if u can maybe do it it's kinda exciting cuz I don't do what I don't want to do basically I have to find belief in something for it to have a chance on working or its pointless just me so if it's gonna I actually need to believe there's possibility for real this may work it's def changing my mind on the topic that's crazy in itself

I got a side question that's unrelated to some extent but I just recd my order from a very known reputable place but when I bot the 2 disposable ecigs they said reg nic not synthetic & they were both very obviously menthol flavored when I tried em yet the pkgs of both the same company disposables didn't actually say menthol on them both but did say Synthetic Nic which was the online biz whoops I assume cuz they gladly offered a refund once contacted great company to work with I just thot this was odd & trend unfortunately happened cuz off the vape mail ban n things the bars were somewhat popular I'd say in top 10 best vapes of buyers brands so it was odd to not be honest with their distributor obviously intentional I would say maybe just me but idk r all disposable flavored menthol kind or do they make the norm reg kind in disposables in the US I'm clueless

Holy lack of punctuation, lmfao
(Just teezin)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not that you'd call it a "super tax," but Virginia has enacted a 6.6 cent per ml tax on nicotine, or $6.60 per 100ml bottle of pre-mixed e-liquid. That's significant when you figure that a lot of decent e-liquid used to be available for about $10 per 100ml.

Some online shops charge the tax, others don't (probably because they haven't gotten caught yet).

It's VA, those vendors are probably thumbing nose in VA's spirit of Sic Semper Tyranis.

Pain in the ass tax there too. AFIK, we've not gotten any kind of vaping taxes here in WV yet. Then again, when B&Ms are charging double for juice, guess that's tax enough.
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Others have given good options and since I'm a mechanical mod, full direct lung vapor I really cannot add. Also, we vape with devices that produce vapor not smoke just to let you know.

I'm much in the same boat. Use mechanical mods for squonking and roll my own coils, use 6/12/18 mg -per ml nicotine free base juice.

Think @Vape Fan struck upon something trying to guide you to restricted direct lung style of vaping. You need air flow control and maybe try sub ohm coils to start getting more vapor. The catch being, you need to invest in learning more. What I'm reading from you makes it seem unclear if you are willing to do that. You can use sub ohm without really learning, better if you do though. Eh, but that only opinion, so take it or leave it.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't trust any synthetic. Usually a synthetic of anything will be a molecular copy using petroleum based plastic of some kind. But just try to find out what synthetic nic is actually made of. Good luck. I noticed some organization called Lung.org said "synthetic nicotine cannot help you stop smoking". Based on, I'm sure, years and years of double blind studies (NOT).

Probably based on reading ANTZ propaganda online, or listening to tight pantied politicians.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Excellent info ty & thanks for offering up the advice if needed. I've appreciated all of ur help whoever u r that have in past. I'm sure ur probly aware, but this by far IS best place to get excellent advice from ppl who also know what they're talking about which I so appreciate & I'm located in the States over in Washington State (& no it doesn't rain near as much as they say - but why on Earth would we tell everyone we love it here so as long as ya keep it between us)

welcome to the forum. there are a lot of vape experts in here that i am sure can and will assist you. as for spell check, i would not worry to much, we are all dopey anyway! but we all have the same target...f@@k those stinking cancer sticks!
anyone can and should use every weapon they can get hold of to break the habit. now it is simply up to the strength of yourself. if you think you are strong enough, then simply prove it to yourself.
this forum is quite full of ex-smokers, so toughen up, smile and join us.

Would recommend the XROS 3 or XROS 3 mini. it's reliable, affordable, and has multiple pre-built coil options from .3 to 1.0+ making it versatile as well.

VU Sponsors