Become a Patron!

Newbie Vaper needs help

First, I don't know if i'm on the right thread.
I am new to vaping and i just bought an iStick Pico 75w Melo lll starter kit and it has 2 EC Head coils on the box. 1 coil is for 30-60w (0.3ohm) and the 2nd one is 30-100w(0.5ohm)

here is a picture of 0.3ohm EC head coil
it has 4 side holes.
i tried to remove the cotton and wires on the inside and (accidentally?)remove the cotton the blocks the side holes and now i dont know if i can build/rebuild this. because it is not the same as the videos on youtube shows.
my question is. What do you call this type of coils? is it rebuildable? if it's rebuildable, can i use other wire like Stainless Steel wires?

here. i upload some pictures of it.
BTW. Sorry for my english it is not my primary language.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20170312_032124.jpg
    20170312_032124.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170312_032210.jpg
    20170312_032210.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 18

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just install coil into base, prime them and your good to go. They are meant to be disposable. You can find them at Ebay or Fasttech for less than $12.00 US for a 5 pack. Welcome to VU!

Ohh so this is disposable. Thats all i need to know. Thank you very much VU.
Can you suggest any good RBA that fits into my Melo tank 3? Coz i dont wanna spend more money on disposable ones. Thanks again

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you are in America,
Here's a link to vapernw.com (a very reputable estore). They have the coils for $12 for a pack of 5. Seems expensive, but still way cheaper than cigarettes.
If you are not in the US, there are many stores based in China that stock those coils.

When you bought your set up, did they show you how to use and maintain it?

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

i bought it online last week and there's an instruction inside the box but it didn't mention how to take care of the coil/atomizer. And now i charred it, i'm currently using the other one now, the 0.5 ohm and it looks good, the 0.3 ohm heats up really fast, maybe that's why it charred easily,
Do you guys know how long it will last before changing the coil? I'm Puffing at 30-40w, 50mg of ejuice a week 80/20 VG/PG 3MG nic

I usually get 3-4 weeks out of my coils in the Pico. I vape at 40w and mix my own juice, a 60vg/40pg menthol blend. The eleaf stock coils work the best, but I found some Vapeston Maganus coils on sale for $3.50 (box of 5). They work okay, but burn out if you use them above 45w.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So yeah you will need to stock up on coils. Decide if you like the .3 or .5 better, then order accordingly. How long did the first coil last you? That's the best guide on how long before you need to change coils. You should run your. 5 ohm coils at a lower wattage than your. 3 ohm coils.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

The first coil(0.3ohm) I used only lasts for a week. Maybe i burn out the coil because I vape until the coil/tank/cotton dried out before refilling the tank also sometimes I vape at higher wattage. 60-70w at 0.3ohms. (Trying to do some experiment LOL)
Maybe I'll stick with 0.5ohms coz it produce a good vapor and a good flavor at 35w.
BTW thank you guys for helping a newbie like me.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The first coil(0.3ohm) I used only lasts for a week. Maybe i burn out the coil because I vape until the coil/tank/cotton dried out before refilling the tank also sometimes I vape at higher wattage. 60-70w at 0.3ohms. (Trying to do some experiment LOL)
Maybe I'll stick with 0.5ohms coz it produce a good vapor and a good flavor at 35w.
BTW thank you guys for helping a newbie like me.

Always start at low power and work your way up. Prime the coils before vaping. (drop of juice over the juice holes, and 3 or 4 drops down the center directly onto the coil. (you cant see it, but its in there)

By the way.. it isn't about the power. It is about what you like to vape. Flavor? Clouds? Its about airflow, how the coil pulls juice and THEN power.

Now, a nice RBA comes with Kanger Toptank Mini. I paid $50 at the local vape shop for mine. You can probably find one cheaper. I got it 11 month ago, and still use it. I still have the 2 premade coils that came with it. I only use the RBA. I find 28 to 32 ga wire works very nicely.
By the way, if you do go that route and need help with coil building, just let me know. I've built coils on that thing that would make some people go mad.. mad I tell you.. MAD... ha ha.. ha...hee hee....ha ha.... Ooooooooooooooo... a speck of dust floated by... I must chase it....

LOL

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't know much about the tank you're using but, if you can, maybe try a nickel or Titanium temperature controlled coil. These won't burn out if the tank runs dry.

VU Sponsors