Nic base ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
100% pg
50/50
100% vg

?

idk if there are any consequences 1 way or the other. and "if" I ever decide to go 100% VG juice, idk that 100% pg nic would make any diffence to me.

I am just wondering about storage and/or long term issues of each. or something else I just don't know to ask.

thanx

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
100 MG 100 % PG seems to be the most popular. Go with the flow.
I think PG is easier to work with. Even if you wanted to go max VG you need some PG to help carry the flavor.
That said, I don't mix for max VG and have never used VG base nic.....

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
100 MG 100 % PG seems to be the most popular. Go with the flow.
I think PG is easier to work with. Even if you wanted to go max VG you need some PG to help carry the flavor.

yeah, I was thinking just that. but still being fairly new, thought I would ask just in case.
plus, being the most popular, it is perhaps more fresh.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 100 mg/ml nic with a PG base.
Which works out to 10% nic and 90% PG.

Unless you mix strong nic levels the amount of PG should not be an issue as the volume will be small.

No evidence but I suspect that PG based nic may store better than VG based nic.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only buy my Nicotine Base in 100% VG because I only make High or Max VG e-Liquids.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
PG travels better. If you are picking up from a b & m, to be frozen same day, VG lasts longer in sub zero temps.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
right now, the only thing I keep in the fridge, is the vg/pg that I am not using. but now, I have a good deal, for me anyway, amount of nic coming. that will stay in the freezer, and I will keep a 30ml out for mixing duty.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
just got a shipping email. they just happened to be bothered enough to get it out to me today = 2 days :slowclap:.
but it is fedex, so perhaps I will get it before Monday.

Dbreezy187

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've been out of the game for a while and about to (thanks to this community) get back to vaping and ditch the smokes again. Figured this would be the best thread to post this. Did a decent amount of searching and reading finding scattered info in various threads regarding it. Nic salts. I hadn't heard of it if it was even out back in 16. I'm understanding the basics nic delivery is faster less throat hit normally used in pods (new to me also) with a higher level. Questions I have couldn't really find a clear answer on. When mixing would you use the same ratio as you would freebase to achieve the desired nic lvl your after? If you are not after the whole higher nic lvl pod type set up can you still batch up a 3 or 6mg juice and toss it in a dripper or sub-ohm tank? With the nic hitting you faster or stronger or what have you would you have to dull that down to a 1.5 mg with the increased vapor intake that's occurring to prevent any kind of od? Nic salts interests me as I always made 3 or 6mg however the wife always had me mix hers at 30mg. Yes in a dripper blowing clouds far larger then mine no idea how she did it.... Figured tho if these salts enter the bloodstream faster then maybe she wouldn't be needing a 30mg batch of freebase juice just get the throat hit salts throw in a lil pg as I used to mix with max vg and it would appease her. When I finally get around financially to pick up diy supplies was gonna try that NN nic salt sample they offer (no idea what ml they send out tho) then go from there.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been getting 100mg 50/50 from LNW because it seemed like the best of both worlds, but I'm only mixing it in commercial juice too. I know almost nothing about the diy juice game.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So I've been out of the game for a while and about to (thanks to this community) get back to vaping and ditch the smokes again. Figured this would be the best thread to post this. Did a decent amount of searching and reading finding scattered info in various threads regarding it. Nic salts. I hadn't heard of it if it was even out back in 16. I'm understanding the basics nic delivery is faster less throat hit normally used in pods (new to me also) with a higher level. Questions I have couldn't really find a clear answer on. When mixing would you use the same ratio as you would freebase to achieve the desired nic lvl your after? If you are not after the whole higher nic lvl pod type set up can you still batch up a 3 or 6mg juice and toss it in a dripper or sub-ohm tank? With the nic hitting you faster or stronger or what have you would you have to dull that down to a 1.5 mg with the increased vapor intake that's occurring to prevent any kind of od? Nic salts interests me as I always made 3 or 6mg however the wife always had me mix hers at 30mg. Yes in a dripper blowing clouds far larger then mine no idea how she did it.... Figured tho if these salts enter the bloodstream faster then maybe she wouldn't be needing a 30mg batch of freebase juice just get the throat hit salts throw in a lil pg as I used to mix with max vg and it would appease her. When I finally get around financially to pick up diy supplies was gonna try that NN nic salt sample they offer (no idea what ml they send out tho) then go from there.
You mix with salts at the same mg you would freebase, literally a 1:1 sub.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've been getting 100mg 50/50 from LNW because it seemed like the best of both worlds, but I'm only mixing it in commercial juice too. I know almost nothing about the diy juice game.
I do a 100mg 50 50 as well. I mix 50 50 and this helps keep my pg vg useage more the same.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Other wise i always had plenty of pg and out of vg.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do a 100mg 50 50 as well. I mix 50 50 and this helps keep my pg vg useage more the same.
Do note that I'm not making my own juice though. I'm one of those heretics who boosts the nic content of commercial juice with a bit of salts.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I tried the salts shortly after getting it. I didn't notice much of a difference, somewhat smoother perhaps.
but one thing that did happen. when I took many, but not large, hits, it would take my breath away, literally.
so, because of that, I have not hence tried straight salts. I do 50/50 60/40 or whatever.

VU Sponsors