Become a Patron!
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me understand what happened to me. Don't know if I got nic sick...
I've been vaping for 3 months now, but two weeks ago I had a terrible experience. I started to feel like if I was going to faint, my head felt heavy, my arms and legs were getting numb, my pulse was fast and it felt like I was going to have a heart attack, a sense of panick run through my whole being. But I didn't feel like vomiting or stomach pain though. This went on for three days.

Went to the doctor and my blood pressure was fine, but my heart pulse was irregulary. He said maybe I had an anxiety attack and stress. He sent me some pills and helped just a bit.

I am vaping with a eGripII mod and using a 8mg nicotine juice at 25 watts. Going through 10ml of juice or 3 tanks a day.

I would appreciate your help since I don't know if what happened to me was a nicotine overdose or maybe it's some other health issue.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm... without nausea or abdominal pain, it doesn't sound like nic sick. I'd almost say "panic attack," except that, in my own case, I often get a little nauseated when I've had those... but then I've always had the "nervous stomach" type problems, so maybe that's just me. But the feeling of faintness, fast pulse, feeling of panic or impending doom... textbook panic attack symptoms. However... sometimes a *slight* nic overdose can bring on feelings like that; when I first started vaping, I had to vape a lower mg at night, or I got the pounding heart/panic sort of feelings when I'd try to go to sleep.

Maybe try just *slightly* lower nic. It might not be too much, normally, but maybe if you vape a bit more than usual, it might just edge over the "too much" line, just slightly.

Andria

ETA: it's good that you saw a doc, because people around here will definitely jump all over that bandwagon... but many docs are totally clueless about vaping in general, about the effects of "pure" nicotine (absent the other chemicals in smoke), so they may not always be able to definitively say what's causing what symptom that may or may not be related to vaping. That's why I suggest just trying a slightly lower nic mg, to see if it helps; if you have any more of those "attacks," keep after it, medically, because it really might be something totally unrelated to vaping or any aspct of vaping.

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me understand what happened to me. Don't know if I got nic sick...
I've been vaping for 3 months now, but two weeks ago I had a terrible experience. I started to feel like if I was going to faint, my head felt heavy, my arms and legs were getting numb, my pulse was fast and it felt like I was going to have a heart attack, a sense of panick run through my whole being. But I didn't feel like vomiting or stomach pain though. This went on for three days.

Went to the doctor and my blood pressure was fine, but my heart pulse was irregulary. He said maybe I had an anxiety attack and stress. He sent me some pills and helped just a bit.

I am vaping with a eGripII mod and using a 8mg nicotine juice at 25 watts. Going through 10ml of juice or 3 tanks a day.

I would appreciate your help since I don't know if what happened to me was a nicotine overdose or maybe it's some other health issue.

LOWER UR NICOTINE
DRINK A LOT OF WATER
VAPE LESS....
Nicotine is a vasoconstrictive substance that causes decrease in blood flow to the the vessels...

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I will say this, it does not sound like nic sic to me. I went thru a bad bout of that last week when I first got my Alien and Baby Beast combo. Nic Sic usually presents itself with nausea and very lightheaded/dizziness. Sounds to me like you had one hell of a panic attack. :huh:

AndriaD, ej1024, Jimi D, celticluvr...Thank you for your advices, I will lower my nic. I love vaping because it has taking me away from cigarettes.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
AndriaD, ej1024, Jimi D, celticluvr...Thank you for your advices, I will lower my nic. I love vaping because it has taking me away from cigarettes.

One other thing I thought worth mentioning -- you didn't say how long you smoked, but for me, just going without cigarettes was sometimes enough to bring on a panic attack -- even though vaping was taking care of my feelings of need to smoke, the mental habit, when it's of very long standing (39 yrs in my case) is very hard to dislodge. I'm almost certain that some of the "panic" feelings I suffered when I first started vaping were precisely this type.

And try not to obsess over it -- sometimes my fear of another panic attack... brought on a panic attack! :facepalm: :giggle:

Andria

One other thing I thought worth mentioning -- you didn't say how long you smoked, but for me, just going without cigarettes was sometimes enough to bring on a panic attack -- even though vaping was taking care of my feelings of need to smoke, the mental habit, when it's of very long standing (39 yrs in my case) is very hard to dislodge. I'm almost certain that some of the "panic" feelings I suffered when I first started vaping were precisely this type.

And try not to obsess over it -- sometimes my fear of another panic attack... brought on a panic attack! :facepalm: :giggle:

Andria

I smoked 30 years a pack a day. I never had a panic attack before, so this was a very frightening experience. My mouth also went completely dry, so I thought it was because of vaping, even though I drink lots of water.

You are right, I am feeling kind of scared of that to happen again, because I went 3 days in a row with those symptoms coming and going specially at night. I'll try to manage it now that I have more information. Thank you!

P.S. I read somewhere on line that it could also be withdrawal symptoms from quitting smoking.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I smoked 30 years a pack a day. I never had a panic attack before, so this was a very frightening experience. My mouth also went completely dry, so I thought it was because of vaping, even though I drink lots of water.

You are right, I am feeling kind of scared of that to happen again, because I went 3 days in a row with those symptoms coming and going specially at night. I'll try to manage it now that I have more information. Thank you!

Yeah, I had that a lot at night -- when the lights are off and you're just lying there, it's prime time for fears. :D But it does go away after a while; even back when I was still vaping 10mg, after a few months, I never needed to adjust the mg, either upwards in the morning or downwards at night -- I guess I just got used to 1) not smoking, not having cigarettes handy, and 2) "pure" nicotine.

Some people say, to quit smoking, to throw out all cigarettes, not have any around, but that would never work for me -- I *still* have the last open pk I was smoking out of, in a ziplock bag in the back of my freezer (behind my nic stash!). After nearly 2.5 yrs, they're probably tobacco-cicles by now, but they're a security blanket, as well as my ability to know that not smoking is my own free choice, not forced on me by anything, even the simple fact of not having cigarettes around. If I ever got desperate enough... they're in there. But at this point.... that ain't gonna happen. Now I just keep them in there so I can stick my tongue out at them anytime I need to get a fresh bottle of nic, and holler, "you don't own me anymore, Virginia Slims!" :giggle:

Andria

Yeah, I had that a lot at night -- when the lights are off and you're just lying there, it's prime time for fears. :D But it does go away after a while; even back when I was still vaping 10mg, after a few months, I never needed to adjust the mg, either upwards in the morning or downwards at night -- I guess I just got used to 1) not smoking, not having cigarettes handy, and 2) "pure" nicotine.

Some people say, to quit smoking, to throw out all cigarettes, not have any around, but that would never work for me -- I *still* have the last open pk I was smoking out of, in a ziplock bag in the back of my freezer (behind my nic stash!). After nearly 2.5 yrs, they're probably tobacco-cicles by now, but they're a security blanket, as well as my ability to know that not smoking is my own free choice, not forced on me by anything, even the simple fact of not having cigarettes around. If I ever got desperate enough... they're in there. But at this point.... that ain't gonna happen. Now I just keep them in there so I can stick my tongue out at them anytime I need to get a fresh bottle of nic, and holler, "you don't own me anymore, Virginia Slims!" :giggle:

Andria

Ha,ha...yes, I understand you. I still have half a pack of cigarettes around, (it's like, just in case) I guess I am not ready to throw them away yet. Every time I feel the need of a cigarette I vape instead, so it really helps me. But it takes a lot of puffs to calm my cravings and even more in low nicotine.

I would have to ask about the NIC vendor / mfg only because of my experience with Nude Nicotine recently. Near identical symptoms.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/nude-nicotine-my-vendor-experience-and-review-2016.294302/

This is a good point. I buy from a guy who usually opens the bottles (that come in 0mg nic) from good brand ejuices and adds the nic level that I want. Who knows what kind of nic he's adding...just in case I will try to find another ejuice supplier.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's always very important to make sure that nicotine and/or ejuice is WELL shaken, especially if it's nicotine in VG, or a high-VG ejuice -- there could be "pockets" of higher concentration otherwise.

Andria

VU Sponsors