Become a Patron!

Nice Starter Kit

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will be discussing the eGo AIO ECO. Firstly, understand a few things.
  • I do not own one of these kits. Unlikely I will either.
  • This is meant as a positive, constructive post although slightly opinionated.
  • Please regard or disregard my opinion as you so choose, I'll not be offended.
I was looking for something else to offer as a kit to point to for people starting to vape. Come across this kit instead and I can point out some things with it I find negative. Can also point out things positive I see.

On the positive side we have.
  • A simple straight forward kit that requires little learning.
  • A stylish looking bit of technology which fits a gap.
  • A device made by an industry leader that has a reputation for quality.
  • A means to get a person started vaping, or to let them gracefully not vape.
On the negative side we got.
  • Low battery life.
  • Small juice capacity.
  • Proprietary replacement coils.
Despite the things I see as negatives, still do suggest this as a reasonably good starter kit. Joytech will offer support and continue carrying the coils for a while. This gives a person enough reasonable confidence to try their hand at vaping. They might like such a kit and try others by different manufactures, or maybe move on to mods and RDAs. The point being these kits look sound and good all around starting out kits.

How do you get started? Well, can say you'll not be going too far wrong looking into one of these kits. MVS has these in stock too.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have something similar, the Joyetech eGo VT One. It's an eGo Mega tank with a separate but matching 2200mAh internal battery. Supports TC on TI and Ni wire, and wattage on K1, SS, N80. Actually managed to find rewickable and/or rebuildable coils for it. The problem is, it's out of stock everywhere I see it listed. Joyetech makes good gear, though, if on the average it's all pretty basic, but you don't need a lot of bells and whistles to get started. I wish I'd bought several of these when they were still available.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For the longest time I would happily suggest a vape pen kit from eGo and a Smok/SmokTech ARO or RMP tank. I find myself unable to do that any longer. Seems the quality in that line has went awry as has the customer service.

It is kind of funny too as a lot of these brands seem to share the same, or at least same general manufacturing locations. Smok for example shares a plaza with I believe Aspire, maybe Innokin.

Given the government there exercises strict control on business and the Asian way seeming to allow for monopolies, I sometimes wonder if it's not all made in the same factory. Would be no surprise if so.

I know that here in US we have a company that makes MOTTS brand apple sauce in single serve containers. They also make up Gatorade, a brand of tea, some kinds of smart waters, apple butter, apple cider. The "factory" in this case is just a brand packager.

Brands come with bids, say for example "run us 100,000 units of apple sauce to the specs, we'll pay $5,000." The "factory" can say "look we got brand XYZ offering $7,000 for a 50,000 unit run, come back with a better bid." And so it goes until there's agreement & product gets "pushed" out for delivery.

This "factory" was an American owned family business until roughly 2007. Then a French company bought them out to avoid tarrifs on something akin to GoGurt it makes using fruit products, apple included. They sell these happy single serve packets at convenience stores for around $1. Kids luv 'em too, so it's a quick impulse buy for parents.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
i have a few mods now but i always carry my swag around. i think it is a great mod for both newbies and experts. i would also say lways buy a mod that you can change batteries.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't have clue what this thread is about... but (if you ask me... and I won this from a contest) I love the Innokin Kroma-Z. Many Z coil options and great Pod/mod and very good internal battery. I love this thing (would have never got this but after winning one in a contest, would totally get another) Very versatile (MTL and restricted DL) ) 0.8 ohm and 0.3 ohm coils come with it (at first I liked the 0.8 but have fallen in love with the 0.3 ohm coil) RDL at 30 watts... soo good. It may be a "pod-mod" but it kicks ass with the 0.3 ohm at 30 watts (seriously nice)
Also, if you like loose MTL, the 0.8 ohm coil is really nice (and still somewhat restrictive) unless you want to suck a golf ball through a garden hose (not for me) the 0.8 ohm coil is nice.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
sorry guys, it was a reply to someone else. (just a blonde moment)

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
My little Novo4 hit all the right spots to help me quit smoking. Its ability to reliably vape at 5-6 watts for the first few days was key. As was the very good airflow control. From pinhole to practically RDL. And its the size of a bic lighter, so it gets lost in the pocket. One of the coils has a 12-25 watt range. At 25 watts you can get a satisfying freebase in there. Versatile, great product.

VU Sponsors