NIcotine / PG / VG , places to buy & is it worth it for the extra $$

Do you have a preference for your nicotine, PG, & or VG & where you get it from

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I noticed nude nicotine has an "extended shelf life" nicotine for sale & I was wondering if anyone has noticed any difference between the three store's below's NIcotine?

In the same breathe I'm also curious if one store has better PG, & or VG or is it all the same.

Nudenicotine
EcigExpress
Myfreedomsmokes

I was browsing Amazon & they had Kosher PG & VG, but in the end all I'm worried about is the cheapest product that's the best quality. I'm not sure if just because one place is selling 1,000ML's for 25% more am I to assume that it's better?

I'd appreciate your feedback as I'd like to buy the 1,000ml of 100mg/ml from Myfreedomsmokes for $50.00 bucks. The only thing that sucks is that it comes in a plastic bottle, but intend on buying (2) 500ml glass bottles for storage.

Last item, is it better to keep nicotine in the fridge or freezer? Last time I bought 70VG/30VG & I found it a little difficult to work with so my next purchase will be a 30PG/70VG

thanks in advance!!! Have to stock up before the cook county tax goes into effect

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, from the sources you've brought up, there's no question - Nude Nicotine.

Second, as far as nic goes, Vaperstek is considered the gold standard by many here - I find Nude to be on par, others swear by Vaperstek and only Vaperstek. The Nude Armor is interesting in the bottling process and the argon gas seal it comes with, but I burn through it too quickly to worry about that much.

For bases, I and many others like Essential Depot - shipping is a killer, but they have good 4-gallon deals and 2-gallon free shipping deals - price out both for your locale and decide whether it makes sense to pay for the shipping or take the more-expensive free shipping deal (for me the 2-gallon deal is best, though I'm in CA and ED is in FL). Bulk Apothecary is another name bandied about with some frequency for VG and PG base.

I buy my nic in 50/50 (for ease of drawing through a syringe, though I may go 100% VG next batch) and keep all but 250 ml (about a 2 week supply) in the freezer. For personal use I mix up 500 ml of unflavored base about 0.5 mg/ml stronger than I intend to vape it and figure once I add flavors I'm "close enough" to my target. If you're a stickler for on-point mixing, maybe keep a 30-50 ml bottle that you store at room temp in a cool, dark place and top up from time to time from your freezer stash.

If it helps, Nude is running a 25% discount code, "2016IsOurYear", through Monday...

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First, from the sources you've brought up, there's no question - Nude Nicotine.

Second, as far as nic goes, Vaperstek is considered the gold standard by many here - I find Nude to be on par, others swear by Vaperstek and only Vaperstek. The Nude Armor is interesting in the bottling process and the argon gas seal it comes with, but I burn through it too quickly to worry about that much.

For bases, I and many others like Essential Depot - shipping is a killer, but they have good 4-gallon deals and 2-gallon free shipping deals - price out both for your locale and decide whether it makes sense to pay for the shipping or take the more-expensive free shipping deal (for me the 2-gallon deal is best, though I'm in CA and ED is in FL). Bulk Apothecary is another name bandied about with some frequency for VG and PG base.

I buy my nic in 50/50 (for ease of drawing through a syringe, though I may go 100% VG next batch) and keep all but 250 ml (about a 2 week supply) in the freezer. For personal use I mix up 500 ml of unflavored base about 0.5 mg/ml stronger than I intend to vape it and figure once I add flavors I'm "close enough" to my target. If you're a stickler for on-point mixing, maybe keep a 30-50 ml bottle that you store at room temp in a cool, dark place and top up from time to time from your freezer stash.

If it helps, Nude is running a 25% discount code, "2016IsOurYear", through Monday...

Awesome, they have two different extended shelf versions now, but like you. I'll prob blow through it fast enough to not have to worry about it sitting on the shelf that long.

I acquired a sample from nudenicotine, but I've yet to buy a large batch & the only other nic I've purchased was from Ecig.

What about PG/VG, do you have a personal preference? Also, do you not recommend the 50 dollar bottle of 1000ml's from my freedom smokes?

I appreciate your feedback, never heard of Vaperstek, but $125 for 1000ml's is a little steep. I may try it out, but like I said earlier, just because something is more expensive doesn't make it the best around.

Can anyone else recommend NOT getting the 50 dollar bottle from myfreedomsmokes
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nic...nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-liter-sale.html

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've tried all 3 nics you listed and to me nn isn't worth the extra $. There is a difference and nn is the best but not 60$ better. I could maybe see paying the extra $ if your mixing 24mg juice bc you'd prob notice the dif alot more. Ecx uses nicselect and its about the best bang for buck imo. Also the cook county tax won't affect anything you buy online and also stand alone pg/vg will never be taxed as juice. There's just way to many other industries that use it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also not a fan that Vaperstek doesn't sell their nicotine in anything besides a straight PG base, or VG base.

It's not a huge deal, but for $125 bucks, you'd think they might have the options that all of the other 3 I listed

going to grab a 120 from Vaperstek, & one from either Nude nicotine or myfreedomsmokes & make 2 or 3 batches of the same recipe's & see if Vaperstek is worth the extra cash.

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nic...liquid-nicotine-eliquid-vapes-unflavored.html

Do you think there is any difference between this bottle & the bottle below, besides the fact that one is in plastic & the other is not?

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nic...nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-liter-sale.html

Last edited by a moderator:

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just a heads up but nn gives out a free 15ml sample can save a couple $s. Also idk the dif between the two mfs nics. I've bought the plastic bottle and it was the ruffest i've tried so far.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good idea on sampling a few different nic bases before making a decision on a big buy - to some of us the difference in quality is worth the money, for others quality can be overlooked for price. If you vape tobaccos particularly, the kick from cheap nicotine may have less of an effect on your experience.

I still like the Essential Depot PG/VG, as I recommended in my first post. That said, I haven't noticed much difference in a few gallons of VG I bought recently from Nude - it's performed well.

Definitely sample the MFS nic before you buy - I've heard plenty of folks who notice a distinct peppery taste that mars their DIY flavors. If you're just mixing for yourself, a liter is a big commitment, and if you're mixing for others you run the risk of alienating people if your mixes suffer from low-end nic.

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just a heads up but nn gives out a free 15ml sample can save a couple $s. Also idk the dif between the two mfs nics. I've bought the plastic bottle and it was the ruffest i've tried so far.

I asked for a sample of 100mg/ml nic & they sent me 50mg/ml, not sure if they're not allowed to send out higher nic levels or what. However I didn't have a ton to make a bunch of batches to compare one brand vs the other, I'm trying to reset my naked password & its not working so I'll figure it out tomorrow. If I do buy the bottle from my freedom smokes, I'll spend the extra 18 bucks to get it in a glass jar.

I know it says "Will be shipped in HDPE Plastic Bottle or Container" however, I'd then have to buy glass bottles to transfer the nic so I just assume buy the 1st one. Not sure if the plastic alter's the nic in any way.

thanks again

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I asked for a sample of 100mg/ml nic & they sent me 50mg/ml, not sure if they're not allowed to send out higher nic levels or what. However I didn't have a ton to make a bunch of batches to compare one brand vs the other, I'm trying to reset my naked password & its not working so I'll figure it out tomorrow. If I do buy the bottle from my freedom smokes, I'll spend the extra 18 bucks to get it in a glass jar.

I know it says "Will be shipped in HDPE Plastic Bottle or Container" however, I'd then have to buy glass bottles to transfer the nic so I just assume buy the 1st one. Not sure if the plastic alter's the nic in any way.
thanks again

HDPE (High-density polyethylene) is an adequate material and has never adversely affected my nic in any way, even after months of storage. LDPE (Low-density polyethylene) on the other hand, is a terrible oxygen barrier and not a good material for storing nic or anything else for extended periods..
I dont mind keeping my nic in HDPE for long periods of time, but definitely not LDPE. Glass is best, but HDPE is not a deal breaker.

I jumped on a "$40 liter o nic deal" from MFS some months back . It absolutely wrecked most of my recipes, covering up flavors and making them very harsh, even at 3%. It was a complete waste of money and I had to buy different nic shortly after.
I would not suggest the MFS nic. Sure its cheap and you can get it in a glass bottle, but its inferior to most other brands out there. Nude, vaperstek, and ecx (nicselect) are all much better.

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
HDPE (High-density polyethylene) is an adequate material and has never adversely affected my nic in any way, even after months of storage. LDPE (Low-density polyethylene) on the other hand, is a terrible oxygen barrier and not a good material for storing nic or anything else for extended periods..
I dont mind keeping my nic in HDPE for long periods of time, but definitely not LDPE. Glass is best, but HDPE is not a deal breaker.

I jumped on a "$40 liter o nic deal" from MFS some months back . It absolutely wrecked most of my recipes, covering up flavors and making them very harsh, even at 3%. It was a complete waste of money and I had to buy different nic shortly after.
I would not suggest the MFS nic. Sure its cheap and you can get it in a glass bottle, but its inferior to most other brands out there. Nude, vaperstek, and ecx (nicselect) are all much better.

THANK YOU, sucks that you had to made crappy juice.
I was just about to pull the trigger on myfreedomsmokes because they have 40% off on coils ending today. I was waiting for someone to post in here & I'm glad you did.

The nicotine that I bought from Ecigexpress seems to be ok, I haven't vaped a ton of my flavors, I'm still waiting for a few to steep a little longer

how do I know if I bought a crappy nic, does it have a distinct taste & or smell?

I've heard of nic getting a pepper'e taste, kinda figured something too good to be true is usually bullshit.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, oxidized or lower-quality nic will often have a slight yellowish tint, but the big telltale is the peppery flavor. I got a small bottle from an unknown supplier once when I was new and forever swore off anything that wasn't Nude or Vaperstek.

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, oxidized or lower-quality nic will often have a slight yellowish tint, but the big telltale is the peppery flavor. I got a small bottle from an unknown supplier once when I was new and forever swore off anything that wasn't Nude or Vaperstek.
Could you do a Pepsi challenge with the two, & know which one was which?

Also, I've asked a few times now does it matter where I get my PG & or VG?

I don't intend on buying the cheapest one however my first time I purchased a premixed 79/30'blend which i thought was easier make up anything

For all I know The pre blend isn't the way to go. Thanks again everyone

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Between Nude and Vaperstek? Probably not. Between one of those two and cheap, oxidized nic? Without a doubt. I haven't tried ECX, general consensus is it's middle-of-the-road quality and might work just fine, I've always had good luck buying flavor there and customer service with ECX and Bull City Vapor is second to none.

Where did you get 70/30 PG and VG blended? I'm guessing you meant to say 70 instead of 79 and that you bought a bottle of pre-mixed base...

I sometimes buy my bases from Nude - they're more expensive than other places, but I'm local and can pick up to save on shipping. Most of the time I buy 4 gallons at a time from Essential Depot - unless you need a metric shit ton, however, that may not be the way to go.

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's this stupid iPad, hard to type or go back sometimes, I think I purchased the 70/30 from ECIG, hard to remember. I bought a TON of products that first week from all 3 listed above as well as eBay and Amazon.

But I might have purchased it from nude, I'm going to make a purchase from nude & get a liter from there & if I still have some cash I'm going to buy a smaller bottle from vaperstek

Why is "throat hit" nicotine from vaperstek only $25.00 for 1,000ml?

That's a hundred bucks more than their regular 1,000ml ?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a hundred bucks less - and a source of huge controversy. Some say it's old stock that's oxidized (started to go bad and develop that peppery taste) and they're offloading it cheap. VT says they oxidize it on purpose, though it doesn't make sense to me that they'd do that in order to devalue their inventory. People who've used it say it's still cleaner than most other sources on the market, oxidized or not. Don't even get @Time started on this one...

Now with this 70/30, are you talking about nic or about pre-mixed 0 nic PG/VG?

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Shark is right, I bought 70/30 with 0 nic, the juice already ni'd up is ridiculous but great for beginners.

I bought 240 ml of 100mg/ml 70vg30pg, but I wish I changed it around because it's hard to work with if you've just pulled it out of the freezer.

My next purchase will either be a 50/50
Or a 70pg/30vg, either one will be easier to use.

I keep 60mls out so I don't have to constantly open & close the big bottle of nic, as far as the throat hit it sounds like something theyre about to throw away but instead sell it for a low price. I might buy a small bottle considering the price, but I plan on using it up right away, if I do in fact buy it.

I'll post what I've bought tomorrow

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shark is right, I bought 70/30 with 0 nic, the juice already ni'd up is ridiculous but great for beginners.

I bought 240 ml of 100mg/ml 70vg30pg, but I wish I changed it around because it's hard to work with if you've just pulled it out of the freezer.

My next purchase will either be a 50/50
Or a 70pg/30vg, either one will be easier to use.

I keep 60mls out so I don't have to constantly open & close the big bottle of nic, as far as the throat hit it sounds like something theyre about to throw away but instead sell it for a low price. I might buy a small bottle considering the price, but I plan on using it up right away, if I do in fact buy it.

I'll post what I've bought tomorrow
You've got mostly the right idea here - keep 1-3 weeks' worth of nic base out and on hand for mixing, with the rest in the freezer. If you open your big bottle 3-4 times you'll probably be okay, but I wouldn't want to do it with regularity.

abcdefghijklmnoPqrstuVwxyz - you've got 30/70, not 70/30. ;)

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
THANK YOU, sucks that you had to made crappy juice.
I was just about to pull the trigger on myfreedomsmokes because they have 40% off on coils ending today. I was waiting for someone to post in here & I'm glad you did.

The nicotine that I bought from Ecigexpress seems to be ok, I haven't vaped a ton of my flavors, I'm still waiting for a few to steep a little longer

how do I know if I bought a crappy nic, does it have a distinct taste & or smell?

I've heard of nic getting a pepper'e taste, kinda figured something too good to be true is usually bullshit.
No problem man, just trying to help. No one wants to buy something, THEN realize it sucks.

Some use the term 'peppery' but Ive never made that association. Crappy nic feels harsh on the back of my throat. The way your vape feels in your throat is a huge thing, going down and coming up. When you have an overarching harshness take over, the flavor gets all covered up.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
even buying the highest qualities of DIY supplies you can find and even paying top dollar for those supplies is still far cheaper than buying cigs.especially when you factor in the fact they are far less damaging to your health....

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
now that's it's down to 30 bucks for a liter, I don't think there's any question that it's crap.

it may work for some, but I usually make 120's & if I made up a 120 & it sucked, I'd be kinda pissed at all of the materials I wasted all to same some cash over some nic.

I'll try some of that other stuff soon & when I buy it I'm going to buy some more nude & make the exact same ejuices & see if it's worth the extra cash.

thanks again everyone

VU Sponsors