Become a Patron!

No coil screen

I need help!!!! So I upgraded from a smok rpm80 and now I have a aegis legend x Zeus edition it has a side screen and it keeps saying I have no could but i do what do I do to fix this?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It's a known issue. Legends are fussy about this. 1 - Clean the tank. 2 - Clean the 510 connector on the mod. Doesn't matter if they're new; residue could be in them from manufacture. Alcohol on a cotton swap should work. 3 - Try a different coil and 4 - make sure it's inserted fully (finger tight). 5 - Make sure the tank is screwed in completely. Still happening, 6 - remove the batteries then reinsert them. Still happening after thoroughly checking all the above, the positive pin on your 510 connector probably isn't right; exchange the product.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use a mechanical mod.

I say that only half sarcastically. If it's an issue with the mod's 510 pin, of course it would not matter if it were mechanical. The issue would still be the 510 pin.

Point being though you'd not need to be concerned that it is say a bad chip, a shorted out mosfet. This is why I use mechanical mods. I very much dislike the idea that a part can go wonky and render a device useless.

If I had an issue with a 510 pin on a mechanical mod, it would likely be physical. I could possibly repair it without too much hassle. On the other hand if a regulated or mosfet device fries a chip, damned if I know how to fix it.

I actually do know the way to fix it. Still will not bother chasing down what exactly fried, un-soldering, re-soldering and all the "happy" in between. That's too much of a pain in the something something and makes them itch.*ahem* Yeah, not gonna.

If you're wondering, this is just my opinion & preference. Please ignore & overlook me as I often overlook myself. :) Thinking on it, "you know someone could make a killing repairing fried mods, probably already does." That ain't me, though.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This is why I use mechanical mods.
As you seem to be a mech mod maven while i, otoh, have some stored unused in their boxes as insurance against my last regulated mod dying before i do, may i pick your brain?
i've read that only protected batteries should be used in mechs and read that protected batteries should never be used in mechs. Seems to me that, as long as they'll fit, it's a no-brainer to use them. What's your view and why, if you don't mind my asking (or diverting the thread some)?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As you seem to be a mech mod maven while i, otoh, have some stored unused in their boxes as insurance against my last regulated mod dying before i do, may i pick your brain?
i've read that only protected batteries should be used in mechs and read that protected batteries should never be used in mechs. Seems to me that, as long as they'll fit, it's a no-brainer to use them. What's your view and why, if you don't mind my asking (or diverting the thread some)?

I would suggest as a matter of safety to use only protected batteries. Most made now are protected. This means they have an internal fuse built into them.

Why use protected batteries with mechanical mods? Well, safety. It'll keep the batteries from exploding if they short, or get too hot. The fuses don't let them discharge further but instead they'll "vent".

Yes venting is as bad as exploding. You get hot lithium shooting out of a tube like a roman candle. Exploding though would also have concussive force.

I'm sure others may chime into the thread to better explain than me, but this is what I understand of it.

ETA: This is not to say batteries will randomly explode, vent all on their own. If you use batteries of any kind, exercise due common sense to mitigate such risks.

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Only use batteries recommended by Mooch.

For 2xxxx sized batteries:
For 18650 sized batteries:

Yeah, I know these are on the other place. But that's where Mooch posts his tables.

He can also be found on FaceBook:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Not 1 thanks or like from the OP to those helping.
I have an X, is my misses mod and had that issue. Im staying silent on an answer.
Sick of this arrogant generation.
Here's some likes for you others, the OP get lost and get some manners.
tenor (3).gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not 1 thanks or like from the OP to those helping.
I have an X, is my misses mod and had that issue. Im staying silent on an answer.
Sick of this arrogant generation.
Here's some likes for you others, the OP get lost and get some manners.
View attachment 184029

I think after the 1970's parents & grandparents no longer cared. Me and wife were discussing the time recently. We figured it was a combination of three to six different decades rolled into one.

You got stuff coming to the 70's from: 1920-1930's, 1950-1980's. The seventies really didn't have its own identity aside from disco. Everyone is still trying to understand disco, or trying to forget it if they can.

You had fifty years, possibly more wound up tight into one decade. The seventies brought aboard equality to a great level. It didn't matter if you liked Blue Moon or Highway to Hell, everyone was someone and all the someone's were no-ones.

All races and creeds seemed to get on then too, there was no discussion of religion. That was up to each person and nobody cared like no one cared if you slept half dozen to a bed. The seventies simply upended and destroyed convention.

Hemingway wrote about a lost generation in the thirties. Well it got found and lost again in the seventies. Parents and grandparents stopped caring because the children ran off following the Piper's tune.

I think that's why we get no more manners, thank you. :)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I think after the 1970's parents & grandparents no longer cared. Me and wife were discussing the time recently. We figured it was a combination of three to six different decades rolled into one.

You got stuff coming to the 70's from: 1920-1930's, 1950-1980's. The seventies really didn't have its own identity aside from disco. Everyone is still trying to understand disco, or trying to forget it if they can.

You had fifty years, possibly more wound up tight into one decade. The seventies brought aboard equality to a great level. It didn't matter if you liked Blue Moon or Highway to Hell, everyone was someone and all the someone's were no-ones.

All races and creeds seemed to get on then too, there was no discussion of religion. That was up to each person and nobody cared like no one cared if you slept half dozen to a bed. The seventies simply upended and destroyed convention.

Hemingway wrote about a lost generation in the thirties. Well it got found and lost again in the seventies. Parents and grandparents stopped caring because the children ran off following the Piper's tune.

I think that's why we get no more manners, thank you. :)
Hi mate, ;) thank you too!
Im no longer going to even bother with the help or Hi threads to even bother clicking on them im so sick of them. Im outa them for good. I now get why so many here only post in very specific sections of the forum. I'll now join them.
Cheers Mr Magic 👍

VU Sponsors