Become a Patron!

No Flavour - New Vaper

Hi there. I am a very beginner vaper and don’t have much knowledge about them. Recently picked up an Innokin Endura T18II Starter Kit.

I bought along with it some e-liquid called “Blue Ice” and “Raspberry Crush”. Which are 50% PG + 50% VG.

I feel like I’m getting very little flavour, I’ve tried both and all I really get is a tiny taste on the mouth after. I’ve tried all different power levels, airflow adjustments, replacing coil and refilling (letting it sit for 5-10 minutes). I’m very lost on what I need to do to get a decent amount of flavour.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum.
I see they only provide 2 choices of coils 1.5 ohm and 2ohm. I'd stay with the 1.5ohm since it will produce more power/vapor (and potentially flavor)
I do have some questions about the eliquid.
Is it nicotine salt or regular nicotine? What's the nicotine level?
What brand eliquid is it? some brands of eliquid are light on the flavor.

I also have one more question, you say you are a beginner vaper is that because you are quitting smoking or other forms of tobacco?
The reason I ask is smoking as well as some oral tobaccos & hookah use mutes flavors badly. Even after quitting it takes a little while to get your taste back properly.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hi there. I am a very beginner vaper and don’t have much knowledge about them. Recently picked up an Innokin Endura T18II Starter Kit.

I bought along with it some e-liquid called “Blue Ice” and “Raspberry Crush”. Which are 50% PG + 50% VG.

I feel like I’m getting very little flavour, I’ve tried both and all I really get is a tiny taste on the mouth after. I’ve tried all different power levels, airflow adjustments, replacing coil and refilling (letting it sit for 5-10 minutes). I’m very lost on what I need to do to get a decent amount of flavour.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you!

I'd echo the question @5150sick asked - is the nicotine just the regular kind or is it nicotine salts? Salts will mute flavors BAD, at least it did for me. For the short time I was mixing my own juice using nic salts, I had to double the amount of flavoring I was using, and even then could hardly taste anything. If you do have salts, try finding some 50/50 made with regular nicotine and see if that's better.

There are some flavors that are just difficult for certain people to taste. Strawberry is the most common one - some people can't taste it at all in vape juice. Subtle flavors like cakes, custards, puddings might be more difficult for a person who's just switched over from smoking, because their taste buds are still impaired. But both your flavors are raspberry-heavy, and I can't imagine not being able to taste that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do you have any issues regarding your sense of smell? Often, if one faces such issues the sense of taste may also be diminished. Not having a sense of smell myself, I opt to use flavorless juice.

Occasionally I may add just a little of some "stronger" flavors to give a break in monotony. Look for concentrated flavors. Mints, menthol are considered stronger as well. A person may also prefer extremely sweet or tart flavors.

VU Sponsors