Become a Patron!

No service from Vaped.com

In mid December I ordered a Mighty Vaporizer from Vaped.com. It arrived in good order and seemed to work great but within a few days, the unit started turning off before I could finish using it. It keeps happening. I only use it once a day but I can only get it to run for about 2 minutes at best. Clearly, something is wrong. I do realize that it turns itself off after a couple of minutes after using it. Mine shuts off WHILE I am trying to use it.
I have tried repeatedly to contact Vaped.com but get nothing back. Silence. I cannot find a phone number to call them. I am very concerned about this company. I did email the manufacturer as well and have not heard back from them either.

Not sure where to turn. Seems that I have been had. Any thoughts on what I can do about this?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have never used Vaped.com -but, I would try emailing them and threaten a charge back to the credit card- Then I would call and contact my credit card company or bank and file a charge back as the item you have purchased is not working and you are not getting any help or answers from the vendor.

These are excellent ideas but I'm afraid that I paid with paypal linked to my bank account. Not sure if there is any protection like there is with a credit card. Still, I will give this some thought. Thank you!
Kelly

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
These are excellent ideas but I'm afraid that I paid with paypal linked to my bank account. Not sure if there is any protection like there is with a credit card. Still, I will give this some thought. Thank you!
Kelly

This ought to offer all the information you need to do likewise with Paypal.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Kelly
You can still do a charge back thru your bank/ credit card company even if paid thru Paypal, the bank will issue your money back and the vendor will have so many days to respond, but Paypal will get their money back from the vendor. I am not sure what your protections would be since vape gear is banned from being purchased using Paypal.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can still do a charge back thru your bank/ credit card company even if paid thru Paypal, the bank will issue your money back and the vendor will have so many days to respond, but Paypal will get their money back from the vendor. I am not sure what your protections would be since vape gear is banned from being purchased using Paypal.
Not sure this would work for a vape product. I'm fairly certain that I read Paypal has a policy banning the transfer of funds for any nicotine related products. I could be wrong on this but us sellers and buyers are always careful to never mention vape in any notes in our transfers.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Not sure this would work for a vape product. I'm fairly certain that I read Paypal has a policy banning the transfer of funds for any nicotine related products. I could be wrong on this but us sellers and buyers are always careful to never mention vape in any notes in our transfers.
That is why I said to do the charge back thru the CC company or bank. Yes paypal has banned all tobacco sales thru them.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I misread your second post, what can I say....it's been a long Monday :gaah:

Great advice
That's OK- Mondays- ugh!
I just had a friend do a charge back on her credit card - even though the purchase was thru paypal- she never got the vape stuff she ordered, lost in the mail. Credit Card refunded her money. That is how I found out about the charge back. I would have thought you would have had to file a dispute with Paypal and with vaping that would be a no-no, but these Paypal payments are made to a person usually that works at say 3F, paypal doesn't know that it is a person working at a vape company or that the charge is for vape goods that way I guess.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's OK- Mondays- ugh!
I just had a friend do a charge back on her credit card - even though the purchase was thru paypal- she never got the vape stuff she ordered, lost in the mail. Credit Card refunded her money. That is how I found out about the charge back. I would have thought you would have had to file a dispute with Paypal and with vaping that would be a no-no, but these Paypal payments are made to a person usually that works at say 3F, paypal doesn't know that it is a person working at a vape company or that the charge is for vape goods that way I guess.

Yep I did a charge back via paypal, I just said I didn't get the product I ordered, they never asked what the product was and got my money back no problem.

VU Sponsors