Become a Patron!

Noisy cricket 2-25

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The poti is counter intuitive and has no directions. Otherwise I love this mod.
Well, if you look at it from a different perspective, it does make sense. After all, it's a variable resistor. Therefore 100%, means maximum resistance (lower voltage).

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, if you look at it from a different perspective, it does make sense. After all, it's a variable resistor. Therefore 100%, means maximum resistance (lower voltage).
That is kind of my point. You have to look at it from a different perspective.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is kind of my point. You have to look at it from a different perspective.

So I just received one yesterday and it seems they've adjusted the potentiometer so that 0 is 2V and 100 is 6V. Can anyone else confirm this? And how in the actual hell can anyone turn the damn thing?! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I just received one yesterday and it seems they've adjusted the potentiometer so that 0 is 2V and 100 is 6V. Can anyone else confirm this? And how in the actual hell can anyone turn the damn thing?! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of mine are still back asswards with the potentiometer. And yeah adjusting the pot...uggh...main reason I run them in parallel lol.

EDIT: Both of mine are less than 1.5months old.

Last edited:
Fixing the stiff dial on the Wismec Noisy Cricket 2

For some owners the Pot dial was this biggest drawback on this device. A real mess to turn with any ease or comfort. I was talking to a fellow ELR forum member and he tired something to fix it and it worked.

thanks to @woftam he has come up with a solution. After telling us on the ELR forum I gave it a go and took a photo to help others out.

Basically the dial is press fit. And if you can get something (we used dental picks) you can pry it off. Once off there is a plastic dial underneath that is philips head. If you then wind that back and forth all the way say 10 times, then place the cap back on ( i put the tiniest dab of plastic safe grease on the cap too, then cleaned off the excess). This thing is brand new. The dial winds easily and yet is not too loose. It's perfect.

Mind you I have to make a disclaimer if you attempt this please take care, its not too hard, no hard at all in fact but I don't want anyone blaming me if they break it. So the risk is yours if you attempt it.

It's a new mod for me now and I have fallen in love. My goon is hitting hard on this little beast. I hope this little bit of advice can help others to enjoy it more as well.

JwoSeYp.jpg

I hope this can help some of you who have had this issue. I also have since found out that some do not have this problem.

Lastly this mod is currently $24.90USD at vapesourcing which for my mind is such a great deal. I now have to buy my 2nd one, especially since I know how to fix the dial.

VU Sponsors