Become a Patron!
Hey everyone! In September I put out my last cig as I walked into a local shop to buy my first vape set up. Originally I just wanted to quit smoking and only bought the cheap little $25 pen set up, but now 3 months later I find myself wanting to become a cloud chaser!

I have pieced together something that works for me now, but am def looking into something bigger and better after the holidays quit stretching my budget! Not sure I'm daring enough to go mech mod crazy but looking into box mods and rda's. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Heard the Segelei fuchai is a good set up.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congrats on quitting and welcome to VU! I myself started vaping (again) in September and I've taken to rebuilding like a crazy person. It's so much fun. My recommendation is two fold, buy a device with upgradable firmware like a Reuleaux RX200 (under 50$). The idea is to future proof yourself. Grab a good rebuildable tank atomizer like and Aromamizer RDTA or Bellus RTA. The combo is just awesome. Watch tons of YouTube videos to get some idea of basic safe building techniques and you're on your way.

Have fun and don't worry, not smoking cigarettes is the most important thing you can possibly do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU. I have the Sigelei Fuchai and it is very nice and will do the job, I would also recommend that you look into the RX200 (it's cheaper and does everything the Fuchai will do). There are plenty of great mods out there, remember when looking around also to look for coupons from sites you would order from for more discounts on the price of gear.

Quality batteries is very important and a good inteli-charger makes life a lot easier also.
IMR Batteries is where I buy from.
Liion Wholesale is also another great place to buy batteries from.

so right now I'm using a kangertech, genitank, on a 900volt vision spinner. the tank was gifted to me, and I bought the battery on sale. the tank leaks no matter what I do to it, clean it, new gasket, etc. and the battery gets warm if I hit it more than a couple of times. I just looked up the RX200, and it's like half the price of the fuchai.

Is amazon ok to order off or should I stick with vape vendors/dealers/shops? I have prime and can get free shipping. I really just need to get back to work, and refill my wallet with a decent paycheck. Darn kids and holiday stuff are cutting into my new addiction. I mean hobby!

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Amazon is fine for the most part. I routinely get wire and batteries there because Prime 2-day shipping is just great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've also been told my state is going to make liquids hard to make/get starting in July.
Suposedly it will be illeagle to order from out of state. I use a local shop now, but do I need to look into making my own liquid? Or should I start a stockpile now?

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is amazon ok to order off or should I stick with vape vendors/dealers/shops? I have prime and can get free shipping. I really just need to get back to work, and refill my wallet with a decent paycheck. Darn kids and holiday stuff are cutting into my new addiction. I mean hobby!

Go with who you are comfortable with, I have dealt with this company and they are fantastic. RX200 $43.95 from Vape Royalty

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've also been told my state is going to make liquids hard to make/get starting in July.
Suposedly it will be illeagle to order from out of state. I use a local shop now, but do I need to look into making my own liquid? Or should I start a stockpile now?

If you intend to DIY I would start stock piling some NIC. About the lowest price I have found for NIC is the throat hit nic from VT, it has a great flavor also. I order mine in PG and keep it in the freezer to help extend the life of it.

If you intend to DIY I would start stock piling some NIC. About the lowest price I have found for NIC is the throat hit nic from VT, it has a great flavor also. I order mine in PG and keep it in the freezer to help extend the life of it.
so currently I'm using a 30pg/70vg blend. Is that something that can be ordered? I see most are a 50/50. Does the pg/vg ration matter when I get into a better mod? I don't seem to care for a high pg ratio. I have so much to learn!

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We make 30/70 PG/VG. We buy our NIC in 100% PG. There are several ejuice calculators out there, We use Ejuicemeup which is a downloadable program you put on your computer to do all the calculating for you.

When starting I recommend you mix your juice with no nicotine in it and try it until you find what you like then you can add the nic you want. This saves you money and allows you to try more stuff.

We make 30/70 PG/VG. We buy our NIC in 100% PG. There are several ejuice calculators out there, We use Ejuicemeup which is a downloadable program you put on your computer to do all the calculating for you.

When starting I recommend you mix your juice with no nicotine in it and try it until you find what you like then you can add the nic you want. This saves you money and allows you to try more stuff.
Thanks so much for all the info! I feel smarter everytime I talk to an experienced vaper! I'm totally going to start serious research tomorrow, but for now it's bedtime.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! DIY is the way to go in these times of regulation. You know what you are putting in your juice and you can make it the way you want it. Head over to the DIY forum and check out some recipes that sound good to you. Then buy the flavors to make those recipes. This will save some bucks just starting out and you can build on from there.

The laws in IN absolutely suck. I guess they would rather have folks smoking which does not make sense to me.

VU Sponsors