Become a Patron!

Norseman's Review on the Launcher Sub-Ohm tank from Wirice/Hellvape

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this Launcher Sub-ohm tank free of charge directly from Hellvape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

OqHVwDu.jpg

Packaging
This came in a rectangular box with the Launcher tank printed on the front. On the sides you find the different logos for Wirice, Launcher and the obligatory scratch and sniff to check for authenticity.

bCUbLtu.jpg

When you open the box up you find the Launcher tank sitting in a cutout and beneath it you find the spare bubble glass and on the sides both coils it comes with. Under the tank you find the spare O-rings and the manual.

BylQIk7.jpg

The Tank
This is something I normally never review but I decided to make an exception for this one. It is a 26.5 mm sub-ohm tank that at this point only comes with mesh coils. One is a 0.15Ω and the other is 0.21Ω.

lyxBUjx.jpg

I got 2 tanks for this review, one in SS and the other is a Rainbow one. In total it comes in 7 different colors. Knowing Hellvape that has manufactured this tank and also as far as I know owns Wirice, might release even more colors in the future. But this is me guessing and I got no info that collaborate that guess.

Y85y9q5.jpg

As usual with products coming from Hellvape the build quality is good and on the overall machining I got nothing to complain about. The threads are good, the O-rings seems to work as they should. It is easy to change coils and I haven’t experienced any leaking so far. The drip tip size is 810 and the only ones that work in it is the drip tips that got O-rings on them.

1M9obu4.jpg

You change coils by opening it on the top and just pour out the old coil and slide the new one in and screw the drip tip holder back on and Bob is your uncle. The cool thing is that you can change coil even with the tank full since it got this nifty little thing that goes up and closes off the juice flow when the coil is taken out.

nhZUjbJ.jpg

This thing I mean is a seal that get pushed down when you insert a coil into the chimney and it also means that the seal goes back up when you take the coil out and this gives you a leak free experience when you change your coils.

Pv8gVtl.jpg

The tank has top fill and it got two fairly big kidney shaped slots that you pour your liquid through until the tank is full. It could be a bit of a bother filling it with the drip tip attached depending on the size of your liquid bottles, but if you take the drip tip off while filling the tank it goes a lot easier. Did I mention that the tank holds 4 ml if not sold within Europe since TPD only allows 2 ml and with the bubble glass you extend that amount to 5 ml.

a5Kh7Yr.jpg

The airflow is a bottom airflow and the slots are placed at the bottom of the tank. It is fully adjustable and I would say that it is smooth and works as intended. You can have it wide open and even make it fairly restricted if that is how you like it.

How long will the coils last you might wonder and it is a valid question. I would answer it by saying that it depends on what kind of liquid you are using. If you have store bought liquid they all got sweetener added which in turn will cut the life span short on any coil. But I imagine that you might get one week out of one coil, this also depends on how much liquid you vape through per day.

And now the final thing… Flavor… So how do I experience the flavor in the Launcher? Since I never ever use Sub-ohm tanks I got nothing to compare it with besides my RDA’s and they beat the flavor in the Launcher by a lot. But on the other hand I find it kinda unfair to do that comparison so I have decided to just say what I think regardless.

I wouldn’t say that the flavor is great, maybe not even really good but I can stretch it and say that the flavor has been decent for sure. You guys that have been following me for a while must have noticed by now that I don’t praise RDA’s or RTA’s when it comes to flavor unless it really got really good flavor.

dPIxZv1.jpg

And as always I keep my reviews real and I tell you guys how I experience it. I’m not doing a sales pitch here, it is a review meant to help you make the proper decision to whether it is good enough to buy or if you should steer clear from the product.

Assessment
Since it is my first Sub-ohm review ever I am kinda surprised that it does deliver on flavor, maybe not to my expectation but it did present me with flavor.

I also mean that the system to change coils on this tank make things a lot easier for people thanks to the fact that you can change coils with the tank full of liquid and at the same time avoid getting liquid everywhere while doing the change. And you do change the coil from the top.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are a new vapor in need for something robust and easy to use I don’t see why not.
The build quality is good and hopefully they will present even more coil options at a later date.

Pros
Machining
Slide-In-Loading of the coils
No Leaking
Good flavor
Looks good
Smooth airflow
Bubble glass that extends the liquid capacity

Cons
Only possible to use any of the custom 810 drip tips you got if it got O-rings

Parameters
Width: Base Diameter 25 mm and Outer Diameter 26.5 mm
Height: Total height is 54 mm
Colors: Matte Black, SS, Gun Metal, Blue, Gold, Rainbow and Purple

Package includes
1 x Launcher Subohm Tank
1 x Bubble Glass
1 x W801 0.15Ω Mesh Coil
1 x W802 0.21Ω Mesh Coil
1 x Accessories Bag
1 x User Manual

You will find it here
Launcher Subohm Tank

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

VU Sponsors