Become a Patron!

Not a Cough Syrup Cherry

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol! Awesome name!! Bronzy, could you tell me what you taste in each of those cherries? I have a cart going and have neither of those. Thanks.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
er...the natural cherry tastes like a delicate faint cherry and the washington cherry tastes like a flowery cherry if that makes any sense.
i used natural cherry and washington cherry since they were the lightest most delicate cherry and not something like maraschino cherry which is too candylike and it'll be harder to get away from cherry vape's tendency to taste like a cough syrup.
when i ordered cherry i ordered about 6 different cherries since cherry is really hard to get right and for it not to taste...cough syrupy.
i ordered.
washington cherry by LA
natural cherry by LAN
black cherry by LA
cherry extract by TFA
maraschino cherry by TFA
sweet cherry by INA
all from wizardlabs.com in 8ml bottles for $1.49 each
http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/search&sort=p.price&order=ASC&search=cherry
there. all their cherries are listed. just look at the first ones that are 1.49 each.

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice to see someone that knows how to mix cherry flavorings. :) I have yet to find one that can be mixed over 2%.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
er...btw, this recipe is pre-steeped. the flavor can change. i know last night when i mixed it i could taste the cherry a little more strongly. this morning its a bit faded. so feel free to tinker with the ratios after steeping. i'm gonna leave my juice alone. i thought about increasing the washington cherry by another percent but the juice doesnt taste like the custard is overwhelming the cherry. so i dont think its necessary.
tbh i cant taste any of the flavors overwhelming each other. they've all melting together to the point i cant taste any one over the other. but if folks want a stronger cherry i guess raise one of the cherries by a percent.

but the point to the recipe is to have 3 flavors.
vanilla, cherry and pastry.
i got the base of the recipe from Sicboy's Deviant e juice.
http://www.giantvapes.com/deviant/
i have never had this juice which is why i didnt claim it was a clone.
but i have made cherry vape's before using a vanilla custard to kill or mask any hint of cough syrup taste. Cuz pure 100% cherry vape does have a tendency to taste like cough syrup.
anyway. play around with the recipe ingredients or the ratios till you're satisfied.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice to see someone that knows how to mix cherry flavorings. :) I have yet to find one that can be mixed over 2%.
lol, oh i wouldnt say i have any superior knowledge of cherry flavors.
but i have mixed cherry with vanilla custard before...but this time i used cake batter for the first time.
gave the juice more body but it also masked the bite of the cherry more than i expected. but i like it the way it is. i was just saying that if you want more cherry taste to increase it a bit.
i'm fine with the cherry being soft and delicate and not in the forefront..

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
lol, oh i wouldnt say i have any superior knowledge of cherry flavors.
but i have mixed cherry with vanilla custard before...but this time i used cake batter for the first time.
gave the juice more body but it also masked the bite of the cherry more than i expected. but i like it the way it is. i was just saying that if you want more cherry taste to increase it a bit.
i'm fine with the cherry being soft and delicate and not in the forefront..
Lol but you're mixing it perfectly. Cherry flavorings are potent. If overmixed they taste like Halls ;)

Washington Cherry(LA) 1%
Natural Cherry(LAN) 1%
Vanilla Custard v1(CAP) 1%
Cake Batter(CAP) 0.5%
So, does this recipe taste like Deviant? I have been working on this forever and keep coming up short..Its the Strudel that has confounded me, the cherry is not been hard but deviant is cherry strudel with ice cream supposedly, and its been a bugger to replicate.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, does this recipe taste like Deviant? I have been working on this forever and keep coming up short..Its the Strudel that has confounded me, the cherry is not been hard but deviant is cherry strudel with ice cream supposedly, and its been a bugger to replicate.
i dont know. i based the recipe off of the Deviant but only on what giantvapes and Deviant youtube reviewers listed as the ingredients.
so i dont know if it tastes like Deviant or not.
i can say my cherry juice does taste pretty good.

you can always replace the vanilla custard with capella vanilla bean ice cream 1% and see how it goes.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok Thanks..I love deviat..I will continue working on it

when u say working on it...do you mean working on my juice? and trying to make it taste like deviant?
So you already made my juice and it still doesnt taste exactly like Deviant?

As I said I have been working on a deviant clone a long time now...your recipe is not even in the same universe as deviant lol...no offense...deviant is a cherry strudle with ice cream...cake batter isnt strudle and there is no custard in deviant as far as I can tell....but your recipe may be very good in its own right, I am going to make a bottle just to taste it...

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As I said I have been working on a deviant clone a long time now...your recipe is not even in the same universe as deviant lol...no offense...deviant is a cherry strudle with ice cream...cake batter isnt strudle and there is no custard in deviant as far as I can tell....but your recipe may be very good in its own right, I am going to make a bottle just to taste it...

how did you like my recipe? was it close to deviant?

VU Sponsors